5.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 Platinum
I purchased this from AMAZON and it is a good quality media software and very easy to use .I have been with Nero for a few years
and I find the range different programs is good .I would recommend this to family and friends .
Published 6 months ago by John Owen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!
Published 8 months ago by Kay Cee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good!, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
This software gave me nothing but problems. The online activation wizard is really annoying. It will restrict the number of times you can install the software, even though you've paid for it with your own money. I tried Nero Video and imported a one hour 1080p file which took about 12 minutes to add to the timeline, which is ridiculous considering I was using a 4960X. I tried a couple of other videos which did the same thing. I tried different file formats, including WMV which didn't make any difference. Afterwards, it refused to burn the clip onto a BD-R after I went through the wizard, after choosing the correct settings (disc type ,framerate, audio etc). I tried two Bluray burners, an LG and a Pioneer and even tried both 25gb and 50gb discs (TDK & Taiyo Yuden). I kept getting the message 'media not supported'. I then loaded up the Nero Burning Rom portion to try and burn some data onto BD-R or DVD-R and the software crashed. At this point I'd just given up and decided to return it. Looks like I'll have to stick with tsMuxeR and Video Mastering Works 5, along with Nero 8 for my purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 Platinum, 23 Jan 2014
John Owen - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with Nero 2014, 25 Sep 2013
S. Howes (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
I got Nero 2014 Platinum as an upgrade from the Nero website - hence an early review. I already had version 12, so was a little hesitant about paying for an upgrade (with reduced disposable income) without seeing any reviews. However, I am very pleased I updated; this new version is much faster, neater and easier to use - I prefer this massively over version 12.

I use this software to rip MP3's from CD's and for all my video and optical disc needs. This is very much a premium package, with just about everything you will need to get your videos in the correct format for your portable devices. Making video DVD's is very easy and almost child's play. I would not be without Nero software, having had every version from 5.5 to 12 and now 2014. I have found this to be the biggest leap in performance of any version.

I recently bought a cheap nVidia video card (30) which has Cuda on it. Nero can use hardware acceleration with Cuda and this does cut the time it takes for video processing considerably. I am very pleased with this product and Amazon appear to be offering a good price. (unless you own a recent previous version, then upgrading will be a cheaper option).

4.0 out of 5 stars First impressions, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
First impressions are great, I'd heard about lots of AVG stuff being loaded on to pc's with Nero but it never even cropped up. Installed it within 15 minutes, used it within 30. It will take me a while to get around all of the features but it looks a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanstastic, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
I found this product to be more than I expected.I have only gone through it once but I cannot find anything bad about it
I hope that they will give you upgrades before they upgrade to a new version

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD SOFTWARE AND BETTER THAN EARLIER VERSIONS, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
This software works well and is better than some of the earlier versiond. However some of the extra facilities can be a bit intrusive on other software and it is best to load carefully which options you intend to use. It has all usual Nero facilities but uses a rather slow method of copying multiple DVD`s or CD`s. I have it loaded on a number of computers and it has never locked up or crashed yet and interfaces well with the PC scenario.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Powerful Media Suite, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
As somebody involved in broadcast and printed media, I find Nero an invaluable tool. I use it for converting audio formats, editing video interviews and cleaning up and editing audio interviews.

I have been using Nero products since Nero 4, and I have found nothing else on the market that does the job better, and customer support are always happy to help where they can. I will continue to use Nero products for a long time to come, as it's dependable, has all of the features I need (and more), and in all the time I've been using it, it has never let me down.

I run the current version on my 6 year old Intel Core 2 Duo 1.5gHz Vista 32 laptop, and while it is a little slow to perform processor intensive tasks such as trans-coding video formats, over all the suite doesn't struggle to perform normal every day tasks at all. I also use Media Home to manage all of my photographs, and my extensive music library, which currently stands at over 30,000 MP3 tracks, and to transfer music to and from my MP3 player/USB storage devices. It did take a little time to import all of my music into the library, but that's really only to be expected.

Yes I am a loyal Nero customer, and will continue to be, because while this may not be the cheapest media suite available, I still think that it's easily one of the best, if not THE best. The thirteen years or more that I've been a Nero customer should tell you that. There simply is nothing that has as many features packed into a single bundle, and while I agree that there are dedicated programs that out-perform Nero's applications, I would much rather use a single fully featured suite than try to remember which programs I have installed to perform different tasks.

The applications I use the most are:

Nero Video (occasionally)
Nero Recode (occasionally)
Nero Burning ROM (weekly)
Nero Wave Editor (weekly)
Nero Media Home (daily)

I also used purchased a photo gift through the app in Nero Media Home, and I found that the creation process was very easy, although it did take me a long time to decide on the right order of the pictures and the individual layout of each page. I like that every part of the process is customisable by the user, and that there are so many options available. The product was sent directly to my grandmother who lives some distance away from me. She was exceptionally pleased with the gift, and said it was a wonderful present, and looked beautiful.

I didn't actually see the product myself, but from my Grandmother's reaction, I am very happy with it. I will certainly use Nero to order more of these, as they are an amazing gift idea, and not something I'd thought of, or used before. I will also look at purchasing some of the other Nero photo products too.

Once again, from start to finish, the whole process was easy to understand, and intuitive to use. I was also impressed with the delivery time, as it was delivered in around 10 days from when the order was placed. I would say that some of the gifts are a little more expensive than are available elsewhere, but I'm of the opinion that you get what you pay for. Quality comes at a price, and I'd much rather pay a little extra to know that I'm getting something of a high standard. I think the extra cost is worth it in that respect. Overall I am more than satisfied with everything from beginning to end, and I have already recommended it to my friends and family to use if they're thinking of buying something very personal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant bit of kit, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
A brilliant bit of kit. You purchase a laptop or tower and you expect it to have everything but sometimes you need something like this to do all those extras

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Garbage - should be rated in black holes not stars., 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
I had tried the trial package and it seemed good.

So I bought it. Then it told me that I had a installed a previous version. I struggled to upgrade it. Then I found that it would not open the burning package. I tried to uininstall it and reinstall it but it would only create the folder structure without putting files in the.

I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. It would only let me "modify" a package that should no longer be there. Trying to uninstall again gets a "process interrupted message". Modifying achieves nothing.

I used to find Nero 6 an excellent product.

This is rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 Platinum - Absolutely Fantastic! - Get it now!, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) (CD-ROM)
I originally purchased this ESD on a VIP offer directly from "Nero Store" in Germany on September 17th, 2013 & I just re-purchased it again but w/ the extended downloads options on October 20th, 2013!

Originally it was a huge-big ten out of ten for both it's product & quality of the new Nero 2014 Platinum & now a real twelve out of ten due to swiftly addressed/solved Nero Blu-ray Player w/ the AMD Blu-ray Catalyst Driver discs playback issue now having "no more" playback issues which has now been re-tested on November 29th, 2013 w/ success! Well-done!

My latest Nero 2014 Platinum review re-write w/ back to 5 stars as a result of the swift Nero Blu-ray Player resolved fix within the latest Nero 2014 Platinim product release build>

I. Nero2014_Platinum-15.0.06800
II. Nero2014_ContentPack2014-15.0.00200.exe

but still Nero does not tackle the un-addressed Nero WaveEditor add-on feature as the Nero_WaveEditor.exe will almost force you to install "AVG" a 3rd party virus scanner product - even if you use "F-Secure" as a fully paid-for alternative product as I do - although on the whole Nero 2014 Platinum is really an excellent product w/ many fantastic features that one would require!

*****************************************************************************************************

One last remaining Nero Product Issue>

6) Nero WaveEditor Addon feature - >Special Notice w/ regards to this "Nero WaveEditor" Addon feature<

The Nero_WaveEditor.exe will almost force you to install "AVG" a 3rd party virus scanner product so you should just try to uncheck all the AVG check boxes where possible & then just close the message box at that stage - then only the AVG product does not get installed!

Other issues are that if the AVG product if selected for an installation then any future un-installs of AVG within the Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)'s "Programs and Features" will cause the new 64-bit operating system un-able to re-boot back in to Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) possibly caused by AVG removing some essential Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) bootup/startup files making it virtually impossible to re-boot back in to Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) again directly after any AVG un-installations - so a fresh & clean Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) installation would then be required due to AVG !

Nero Support's November 25th, 2013 - response to my Nero support case that I filed!>

Dear Customer,

thank you for your e-mail.

Please accept our apology for your inconvenience.

November 29th, 2013 - Nero has now resolved the Blu-ray Player AMD/ Driver Issue>
We will release an Update for the Blu-ray player issue in the next two weeks which should resolve the issue with the AMD/ATI drivers.

But the Nero WaveEditor Addon "AVG" Installtion Issue - is still not sorted>
Unfortunately the issue with Wave Editor is not known but we will try to reprodcue it as soon as we do have a working installer file again.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards

Nero Support

Under multiple beta-tests using different European language Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x64) operating system's DVD's which I had constructed from the different TechNet Professional ISO's that I created out my downloads account, I found out that Nero 2014 Platinum on the whole is really an excellent product which works perfectly on the data side w/ the latest Microsoft retail Windows 8.1 Pro (x64) RTM operating system (Build 9600), purchased as an ISO - (All languages download) from Microsoft Store UK & also w/ the Microsoft TechNet Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x64) RTM operating system (Build 9600), on my AMD FX-8150 eight-core machine w/ an AMD Radeon (VTX) HD 7850 2GB Graphics Card, two Pioneer BDR-207EBK Optical drives, two 2TB hard disks + 32GB memory!

Notice - (a)> There are only three ways of installing Nero 2014 Platinum>

Optical Disc Installation - The easy way!

Step 1a) Insert the Nero 2014 Platinum installation disc in to your optical drive & input your Nero product key when prompted to install the Nero 2014 Platinum program & follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the initial installation!
Step 1b) Insert the Nero 2014 Content Pack installation disc in to your optical drive & follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the installation!

Download Installations - The easy way!

2a) Just run the ESD purchase extractor from your downloads folder & input your Nero product key to install the Nero 2014 Platinum program & follow all the on-screen prompts to complete the installation!

Alternative Download Installations - To be done manually particularly if in difficulty as follows>

2b) If you're running Win 7 x64 / Win 8.1 x64 O/S - try to rather extract Nero 2014 Platinum files as set out in step 3 below only after you've done step 2c>
If you can - avoid using these "compatibility modes" as they'll do nothing for you! Rather deploy the "administrator setup" facility when in difficulty!

Step 2c) - Upon any clean Windows 8.1 x64 & below that you may have installed, install the following five (5) Microsoft products prior to doing any Nero 2014 Platinum installation!

a) both the x86 & the x64 editions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update
b) Microsoft Silverlight
c) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package)
d) DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)
e) MSXML 4.0 Service Pack 3 (Microsoft XML Core Services)

Step 3) - then follow these steps as set out just below!>

a) Either double or single click upon the Nero2014_Platinum-15.0.06800.exe file to run the Nero installshield extractor & after the files are fully extracted in to your AppData\Local\Temp folder & then copy the Nero installation folders located in there called NeroInstallFiles\NERO20131211132651523 which contains all the related setup files for a full Nero installation to an alternative & safe place for any future Nero installs!
b) Also - rather run "nero.nero2014esd.exe" instead of running Setup.exe & input your Nero product key to install the Nero 2014 Platinum program!

General Info>

Nero 2014 Platinum is compatible w/ these Windows Operating Systems>

Windows 8.1 Enterprise (x86/x64) Volume License (Build 9600)
Windows 8.1 (multiple editions) (x86/x64) RTM (Build 9600)
Windows 7 Enterprise (x86/x64) w/ Service Pack 1 Volume License (Build 7600)
Windows 7 Professional (x86/x64) w/ Service Pack 1 RTM (Build 7600)
Windows Vista Enterprise (x86/x64) w/ Service Pack 2 Volume License
Windows Vista (multiple editions) (x86/x64) w/ Service Pack 2 RTM
Windows XP (x86/x64) w/ Service Pack 3 RTM

Which ever of the installation steps are deployed when installing "Nero 2014 Platinum" - do proceed to install Nero as follows>

1) Nero 2014 Platinum
2) Nero 2014 Content Pack

Also do consider to download & install all these useful free "Nero 2014 Platinum" add-ons that Nero has to offer such as>

3) BackItUP 2014
4) Cover Designer
5) Nero SoundTrax

Notice - (b)> Avoid installing multiple different Nero editions (product(s)) upon the same Windows operating system of the machine> - as multiple different Nero editions once installed could confilct w/ the other! This is a real no - no!

The best thing to do is> rather try "not" to have multiple different installed Nero products such as the new Nero 2014 Platinum & the previous Nero 12 Platinum installed upon your current Windows operating system on the same (PC) machine at the same time as once multiple different Nero product editions are installed on a single PC these could conflict w/ the other in some way! So you'll need to go to the "Programs and Features" section of your Windows operating system & proceed to fully un-install all those different Nero 2014 & Nero 12 products that are displayed in there et cetera.

Once done, then proceed to only install the correct, latest & current Nero product that you purchased which is suitable for both your operating system w/ machine & only use that Nero product version upon that very machine but without previous Nero editions installed as confilcts could result as detailed in some other cases!

Nero 2014 Platinum (PC)
Nero 2014 Platinum (PC) by Nero (Windows 7 / 8 / XP)
59.52