4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features but missing a lot of premium features
I purchased this as part of the Amazon Black Friday deals for a reasonable price.

In the box you get a DVD case, with the installation disk and the product code on. It also came with a one year subscription for the ‘Good’ service of Nero Backitup.

Published 7 months ago by costernz

1.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 MediaHome
If I could give this product a negative star I would.

Published 2 months ago by Unsatisfied Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of features but missing a lot of premium features, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)

Installation was simple, and once installed it proceeded to perform an update of all of the programs. I am running on Windows 8.1 and had no issues.

It comes with all the usual programs associated with Nero (Video, Converter, Media Manager etc). So far I have used the majority of these and have had no issues. Very simple to use, navigate round and they operate very smoothly.

I have installed Nero Backitup which is a utility which lets you define a backup of a folder or number of folders and a location (either external drive, NAS drive or online storage). It can do a one way sync (either copy from left to right) or two way sync (keeping both sides of the backup in sync).

My only complaint is that it is missing a number of templates / themes which show up as available but as soon as you click on them it asks you to upgrade to Nero Platinum for an additional 19.95. This is particular the case the Nero Video (where themes, transitions etc are very limited). In addition, Nero Video seems to perform slower than Windows Movie Player when importing and playing back media files.

Overall for the price a useful set of utilities which do what they say.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 MediaHome, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
If I could give this product a negative star I would.

My PC is XP with SP3. My previous Nero 6 AV codec worked beautifully with Window Media Players (e.g. 9 to 11). After the last updates Nero 6 (with its upgrades) failed to work, and so did WMP when it came to playing DVD and MP4 videos. I bought Nero 2014 mainly for its AV codecs; assuming that WMP will have access to them as well. Was I wrong!! Now Nero2014 doesn't provide any codec plug-ins for WMP - hence no DVD, MP2, MP4, etc. That meant I have to use Nero's crappy media player "MediaHome" to play all my AV assets - Past experience with Nero 6 media player is a good indication of how bad the player is going to be. Because I had Nero 6, I was able to upgrade it to Nero 2014 for half the purchased price. With all other vendors, I had to pay the full price. It also promised compatibility with M3u and WPL playlists - A VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE TO CONSIDER.

In short, after a great deal of headache, the MediaHome failed to display any of my playlists. And I can't find them anywhere. Simply too many albums to view without a playlist. It mixes videos and photos under the same category - making it very difficult to select the videos you want to find. It's a mess. I selected a random MP4s to play and it play them find. Occasionally, nero crashes or you hear the audio from the video without the video. There are clearly some bugs in the product. Complaint to Nero and got no response. There was a few days ago. I just sent them some more snap-shorts of mediaHome with more complaints. But don't hold your breath. Haven't tried the Burner yet. One problem at a time!

This product isn't merchantable. The support is very poor. If you are thinking of Nero product - don't bother. Find another vendo - they can't be any worst.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nero 2014 for PC, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Bought to load onto new replacement computer. Does everything it says. Superb for copying and burning. However the only fault I can find is that when I put my holiday photographs onto a slide show using nero, the DVD onto which you can burn it cannot play it other than on the computer, as it is done in .nvc format and there is no programme on nero to convert it to another format to play on home DVD player. I use Windows DVD maker for this process and although this solves the problem I find that I cannot add all the extra refinements which nero seems to be able to do. All in all though, for the money it's a good piece of kit and I am satisfied with the purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars nero 2014, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
the only burning i seem to be able to do is onto dvd, the cd burning is absolutely useless, the older neros used to work better, perhaps its not compatible with my windows 7 ( i dont know ) its a disappointment, doesnt download mp3s , wave tracks or ordinary cds, ive never known anything like it, maybe i am doing something wrong, but i used to use the nero 8 , that could be hit and miss sometimes especially recently. from dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having tried many free writing products and struggled for hours to make them work reliably Nero is superb, You get what you pay for as they say

4.0 out of 5 stars nero 2014, 16 Feb 2014
nero 2014 burning software
a bit difficult to navigate at first
but fine once you get used to it
goods as described
it does the job it is meant for
I would use this supplier again

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I was told that Nero 2014 was fantastic by a mate best thing since sliced bread apparently. Well not as far as I am concerned. I installed it, un-installed it reinstalled it but every time I went to use it, it froze. I went through Nero who attempted to help get this program working but nothing.

Amazon as usual were fantastic they sent me return forms and off it went. I have now replaced it with Roxio Creator NXT, works brilliant.

I would definitely not recommend Nero 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the burning software around., 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
It's the best burning softwear around, would not use anything else, excellent and easy to use good instruction ,easy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Was dubious about on what to spend my money on when it came to software for burning etc.......
But I ended up buying this, it does everything I need with ease and is a good all in one package for managing my photos, music and movies.
Can't really find fault with it as I haven't used this type of software before so can't compare it with something like Roxio which I was also looking at buying. I would recommend Nero 2014 if anyone else is maybe unsure when it comes to buying something like this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Burning Software, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nero 2014 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Very disappointed with this product. It was on special offer at around 20.00 and I should have realised that there is problems with this software. Ran into problems installing into a new HP ProBood 470 G1 laptop with Windows 7 Pro, contacted Nero support who were not a lot of help, Needed my IT support company to help with it . Have used Nero 6 with updates for 10 years, great software.
Think Nero has now lost its way, shame. Works well now installed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Nero 2014 (PC)
Nero 2014 (PC) by Nero (Windows 7 / 8 / XP)
34.99