5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read for the tennis buff.
Good writing, interesting stories, easy to read - a chapter at a time or a
pleasant afternoon of tennis anecdotes that the tennis buff will thoroughly enjoy.
Well done.
Published on 10 April 2008 by Lobster

3.0 out of 5 stars decent read
It was a decent book. Worth a couple of pounds and fills a few days. No more no less. Enjoy
Published 17 days ago by Steve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read for the tennis buff., 10 April 2008
Lobster (Monterey, Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
Good writing, interesting stories, easy to read - a chapter at a time or a
Well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tennis Fans will enjoy this book, 22 Feb 2011
Short stories about incredible moments in tennis history, a collection of all the best, most exciting, contraversial and amazing moments in succinct stories of 2-3 pages each.

Very enjoyable, you can read a bit at a time if you're a busy person, ideal for your teabreak!

I must just let Rafa fans know about this book The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse)which I love, it's got 80 poems in about how us fans feel about him, the highs the lows and his lovely humble personality and his sexy looks, and the other poems about love are good too.

4.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE MOMENTS IN BITE SIZE CHUNKS, VERY ENJOYABLE., 22 Feb 2011
This book is great for tennis fans and describes 101 incredible moments in bite size chunks, each story is approx 2-3 pages long so it's ideal if you haven't got much time, you can read about one of the "incredible moments" when you get a moment!

It includes statistics in the incredible stories and makes a really interesting and enjoyable read, memories of past Champions including a match between Nastase & McEnroe when chaos broke out with Nastase being disqualified & then re-instated (now I want a copy of that, I must see it!) right up to the recent classics with (my favourite) Nadal's triumph at twighlight at the 2008 Wimbledon.

Rafa fans will also love The Poetry of Passion (for People with a Pulse) as it has a long chapter called "A Fan's Feelings" of 80 poems about Rafa, his career, his personality & his good looks (& the rest of the book is brilliant too) No Rafa fan should be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Jan 2011
Mr. Shifrin ably draws the reader into exciting stories about a game I love to play and watch. What I value most about this book is the author's multi-faceted approach to sharing this collection of "Moments." Yes, details about actual matches are shared, but so are player reactions to wins and losses, commentary on the impact of fashion selections, rule changes over time, the perceived prestige of various tournaments, prize money disparity, friendships & feuds among exciting personalities, and so on... In short, the author provides details that allow the reader to better appreciate not only the excitement of the overall plot of these stories, but insightful details about the cultural backdrop that make the reading experience so very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 15 Jan 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was great to re-live matches that I've seen and learn about some incredible matches that I have missed. It really made me want to pick up my racquet and start playing again.
Makes a great gift for tennis and history lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved This Book!, 12 Dec 2010
I've been a huge tennis fan for years and have read many books on the subject. I can honestly say that '101 Incredible Moments In Tennis' tops the list. There were more than a handful of stories that I have never heard before and I loved reliving some of the landmark moments from the history of the sport. The stories were well written and the book was a page turner. I highly recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brillaint Tennis Moments, 23 Nov 2010
Some of the great matches are listed in this Nadal & Federer Wimbledon 2008 & Federer & Roddick 2009. Along with some controversial moments in tennis. This should be updated agin soon with the longest tennis match ever with Isnet & Mahut in Wimbledon this year would definitely be in the top 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for tennis lovers, 18 Sep 2010
AKA (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Lots of stories but can easily read it in one setting. Best as a coffee-table book.

5.0 out of 5 stars It reinvigorated my love for the game, 23 Oct 2014
Just when I thought I would never be inspired, energized, or motivated re: tennis, I found this book. It reinvigorated my love for the game, provided me with a bit of history and education, and was simply enjoyable! I could read it in short bursts, which works out perfectly for me at this point in my busy life. I don't have time to play much tennis anymore, and this book allowed me to vicariously experience the emotional highs and lows of this wonderful sport! i thoroughly enjoyed this book and give kudos to its author, a clear tennis aficionado and fellow lover of the sport!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 April 2010
M. Boyer "mmb064" (Central PA, USA) - See all my reviews
A great way to re-live old memories and learn back stories you never knew before. Nicely organized, easy to read. A must-have for any true tennis fan!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›