Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 9 March 2014
Note: Just started using a Chromebook computer utilizing Cloud computing. This is a Cloud Ready printer, so setup was super easy. You can find the printer IP address and enter it into the browser, then check for updates and install. As you may read below, I am a technological moron, and this was still extremely easy. The IP address was easily located in the setup menu.

Previous review:

Considering it is so multifunctional this is a pretty small printer. It is lightweight yet sturdy. The retracting paper drawer is great. The touchscreen is very accurate and easy to use. Setup was a snap. In fact, I am not sure what I did to actually set it up aside from plugging it in and hooking it to the wi-fi. From there it simply worked from every device that we own, iPads, Kindles, laptops, desktops -- they all recognized and used it without issue. This was awesome as I didn't see "AirPrint" on any of the paperwork, so I don't know if it specifically has AirPrint. Regardless, my iPads worked flawlessly with the printer right out of the box like they always do with AirPrint capable printers. -- You would think that any printer made in the last five years would have it. But my last new printer, less than a year old, did not come with AirPrint capability for my iPads and I had to buy some special app that only worked occasionally.

For regular computers it comes with a driver installation disc. I read other reviewer say that they installed the driver but I hadn't. So, I decided to install it on my laptop in case I was missing some added benefit. I don't know what it changed because it worked exactly the same after installation as it did before.

It is fast quiet and the double sided printing is a great option that I didn't have previously. The prints are perfect. I was also surprised at how crisp and clear it prints photographs too.

Anything I have tried to do with this printer has been incredibly simple. Printing, scanning (multiple page documents glided easily through the feeder), all of it has been without issue. I am not a techie person, so for me this seems like a sign from above that my union with this printer was meant to be. Nothing is ever this easy.

My ONLY problem, and it was so minor that I almost don't want to mention it, was opening the ink cartridges. No problem with tearing open the plastic or anything, but be careful when you remove the yellow protective covers from the ink pad portion. I thought I was being careful but ended up with a little splash of color from each and every cartridge -- rainbow fingers. I don't know how I did it but somehow I managed.

Overall I am very happy with this printer.
on 19 November 2014
This printer is actually really pretty good... when it works. I bought it six months ago, installed it and it was all lovely.
I had another printer running in tandem which had a load of ink I wanted to use up. The old one didn't scan well at all, so it ultimatly needed to go. Eventually after 3 months, it did. I did the odd scan on the Epson in that time and it was fine. The wi-fi set up was fairly easy too.

Then I went on holiday and when I came back, the Epson printer couldn't find my computer. I re-installed everything and it was fine again. I blitzed through a lot of scanning I needed to do. A stack of paper vanished. All now sat on my computer. Wonderful. I printed out some large documents. All wonderful.

This morning I printed out some more docs and that was fine too. Then I had lunch.... and I tried to do some more. The Epson didn't like the paper. paper jams were happening over and over. Then I had to change the cartridge. It didn't recognise the brand new Epson ink cartridge. Errors and shut downs. Then the printer couldn't find my computer. It was making some terrible noises. Contact Epson, I thought, and did. The chatty man said it was a hard drive failure. Repair shop. And that's where I took it this afternoon. I find out what happens tomorrow. He also said I'd be charged unless I took a copy of my proof of purchase. I bought it from Amazon. The proof is online.... print it out, he said. Sublime. He didn't get the humour of what he was saying.

But really, just over 3 months use and it's already in the repair shop? It's done a few hundred pages of scanning and printing but broken already? I can't fault much about this machine except it's longevity. Not good Epson. Not good at all. And just when I really needed your printer to work for me. Grrrrrrrr!
on 2 August 2014
This product works really well and a lot cheaper if you don't mind waiting a week for delivery to UK I am very pleased, came well packaged . The power cable comes with a three pin uk plug adaptor but if you have an old printer lead it will most probably fit.
on 10 August 2014
I have to give this printer 5 stars. I bought it for double sized printing, scanning and printing my videos onto DVD's. It certainly ticks all the boxes and more!!
on 17 June 2014
Does just about everything. Set up is a bit tricky. Would recommend however there a many cheaper printers that do similar things. Non the less this is quality.
on 10 October 2014
So far everything as I expected, very good. Easy to use, looks good.
on 20 October 2014
Does exactly as I hoped, and more. Delighted with it.
on 4 September 2014
The seller was italian so the plug was not a UK - this is unacceptable from Amazon Marketplace
The printer was not easy to set up but is now working from our 2 PCs and an ipad so in the end that is a result
The Epson online support is very good, but only available weekdays until 5:30 - not exactly worker friendly !!
on 6 June 2016
Very easy to use, great wifi connection. A quality product that I would thoroughly recommend.