‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a great book, great pictures, 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
Its a great book, great pictures, a lot of inspiration.. however, i felt like some recipes missed out some key information, as if the author was keep some secrets to themselves.. however, i did try some of the recipes and they went down extremely well.. it just that others were missing some technical tips.. i would recommend it regardless, especially if you are an experienced cook, who can figure some stuff out for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
This is one of those books that you will refer many times to this book.Great simplified recipes The format is very simple to follow. and the recipes work very well a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I left the Wigmore Hall in London..., 24 Sep 2013
Wil Andersen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
...a few years back looking for a late lunch. Saw a café (as I thought) called Comptoir Libanais just down the street and popped in for a light lunch. I have been coming back regularly since. Really fresh, tasty Lebanese food beautifully prepared and well presented in a simple atmosphere. Wonderful fresh fruit drinks. Over the years it has only got better - and sadly (for me) but understandably - very popular.

So I leapt on this cookery book - and am delighted that I did. Some excellent recipes for the dishes you find in the restaurant - scrummy flatbreads, wonderful dips, great salads and grills. The instructions seem very clear. I haven't cooked from it yet but will be doing so and will amend this review as necessary. Some interesting background information on the history.

Nice piece of book production - tons of photographs - in fact rather too many - would have traded some for a few more recipes. And that is really my only criticism at this point. There are only around a 100 recipes in a c280 page book and some are variations on a theme e.g. six labneh variations although that is an extreme example. But it is absolutely clear that the authors really care about their food and this comes across in the text and the presentation.

Highly recommended - with the only reservation being I haven't actually used it yet! Will be very interested in other user's experiences.

More later.

PS If you get a chance - go and eat in one of the restaurants. I don't think you will regret it - the food anyway

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! I really enjoy using the recipes and ..., 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
Great book! I really enjoy using the recipes and the book itself is beautifully produced. A useful addition to my large collection of cookery books!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
I love this cookbook. Absolutely fantastic! Wish I bought it sooner. Very easy to follow, delicious recipes, great pictures...a must have to any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
I made the mistake of looking at this in bed last night and within 20 minutes had to get up and check the fridge to see what I could make. The book is absolutely beautiful with a wonderful range of fresh enticing dishes and great photography. I haven't had a chance to test the recipes yet but they all look to be within the abilities of a home cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Aug 2014
Great Libanese recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable Meals, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
I love to eat Lebanese dishes,, Reminds me of my Middle Eastern years and as.I no longer visit London, this is the next best thing. Its a joy to re-create and remember .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Dec 2013
A. Smith "Angelanorfolk" (Norfolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Hardcover)
Some brilliant and easy recipes in this lovely book! Although they are not all vegetarian there are so many vegetarian recipes included that it was well worth us purchasing it. Eastern dishes that are different!

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Delicious..., 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Comptoir Libanais (Kindle Edition)
I had been eye-balling this book for quite a while and was reluctant to purchase it at full price until I saw it advertised for under a tenner. I purchased it without delay and it is my best buy so far in 2014! I read the book realised that I would pay full price for it.

It is not exaggerating to state that every single recipe in this book is to die for. I own the majority of middle eastern out there on the market and this looks like it is number 1. The writing style in regards to the history behind the dishes and the method is clear and easy to read.

I am extremely impressed by the chef/author and I will certainly purchase any future book of his that comes out. There is also an accompanying picture for each dish which I find imperative in a good cook book.

Don't hesitate, buy it if you are lover of middle eastern cuisine...you won't regret it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›