5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment for the whole family
Great entertainment for the whole family, an inspirational, and gripping underdog story. I kids watched this in the cinema and want to watch part of it every night since we got it. The animation in great, the story really makes this special.

Dusty Crophopper has high hopes of being a professional racer. Only two problems, one he is a crop duster, and two he is...
Published 3 months ago by K. G. A. Alavi

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable viewing for the kids, but not nearly as good as it could have been
Planes didn't sound amazing when I first heard of it (everyone suggested it was merely a clone of "Cars") and they were pretty close to the mark. Problem was Cars wasn't bad, but it was far from the best Pixar had offered up animation wise (in fact most feel it's one of their weaker products esp with Toy Story standing out as one of their best)

Despite...
Published 10 months ago by Mr Baz

‹ Previous | 114 15 1642 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars planes review, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
This was bought for my grandson for Christmas and he loves it. I have no negative comments, along the same lines as Cars, but this did not detract from the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
Bought for Christmas for our two grandsons two and four year olds. Lovely film to watch, enjoyed as much as they did.

4.0 out of 5 stars bit predictable, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
prompt delivery, well packaged. The film has all the same excellent animation and effects as Cars, but the story is a little bit too similar to the earlier films, even some of the dialogue is a direct copy. I doubt that my four year old grandson will watch it as many times as Cars 1 and 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another family favourite, 30 Dec. 2013
Wow, after Cars we wondered if Disney/Pixar could do it again, well they did. All round family fun without trying to be cars in the sky. Lovely story and characters

3.0 out of 5 stars Epitomises the decline of Pixar, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
Being a massive Pixar fan I watched this clasping my hands over my eyes and peeking between my fingers in the hope it wouldn't be a disappointment. Unfortunately, it was.

It is not in the same ball park as The Incredibles, Toy Story, Finding Nemo nor Monsters Inc (a work of genius BTW).

That said, it is clearly a kids film with little adult appeal because my 4 year old son loved it and got very excited by the end so they've done something right!

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas present, 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
Bought for my grandson who,saw the film at the cinema and loved it
Great xmas present keeps the children happy

5.0 out of 5 stars To be fair, quite a rubbish story but our son loves it!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
The story itself is fairly non-existent but our son has really enjoyed watching this movie. It isn't as good as Cars or Cars 2 in terms of plot or story, but there is enough to keep our boy entertained.

5.0 out of 5 stars a Great dvd, 29 Dec. 2013
All ages!! My grandson and granddaughter thought is was one of the best dvd,s they had seen and so did my husband aged 77!!

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas gift, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
brought this dvd for my nephew for christmas, it was delivered when it was expected & on receipt of his gift my nephew watched the movie & loved it...so much so that we all had to sit through it AGAIN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new avenue, 28 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Planes [DVD] (DVD)
Great story line, will there be a planes 2? What about one about ships or buses? Trains have been done before with Thomas the tank, but not by disney

‹ Previous | 114 15 1642 | Next ›

Planes [DVD]
Planes [DVD] by Dane Cook (DVD - 2013)