5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bundle
I've wanted a Wii U for the last year - but since Rayman Legends got delayed and pushed to all platforms, my main reason for buying one disappeared too. The Wind Waker HD proved too hard to resist though, and I picked up this bundle a week ago.

Published 11 months ago by Dom-CE

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience
The connection was taking too long,the was always error message coming up when we trying to download.
the worst nightmare was the voucher for the game is not working,that make my daughter`s Christmas the worst ever.
There is a message saying that the game has been used, she has not even started to play the game.

The console itself is working , but...
Published 8 months ago by Portia Qamata

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bundle, 13 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii U 32GB The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U) (Console)

Seeing a Nintendo game running in HD is pretty swanky, but seeing the Wind Waker in HD is jaw-dropping. Genuinely, it looks absolutely stunning, and I would rank this up with Perfect Dark and Halo Anniversary as one of the finest HD updates around. The game itself plays identically, but with a number of wrinkles and niggles ironed out, including sped up animations and a streamlined chart hunt at the end of the game. The gameplay still stands up well a decade later.

The console interface is very nicely done, it feels like Nintedo have finally gotten with the times, with background downloading and installing, a totally overhauled e-shop, and best of all, the second screen feature, which really is marvellous.

I highly recommend this console. The only think holding it back was it's lack of games. Wind Waker HD is a real step in the right direction, and with Mario 3D World on the horizon, and Mario Kart next year, it seems the Wii U's prospects are soon to do an about face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little bundle., 25 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Good bundle. Zelda WW HD is brilliant. It looks gorgeous and is a joy to play. In hindsight I still would have picked this bundle over all the others.

The artwork on the controller one is a little tacky, but fans of Zelda might appreciate it, I think I would have preferred plain black, but it makes little difference.

Warning: Note this is a downloaded version of the game, you don't get a disk, but I actually prefer that, just click on icon and go, no messing around with disks.

The game takes an hour or so to download and then a while to install. Along with the hour or so Wii U updates when you first turn it on, don't expect to be playing straight away!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great console with some minor annoyances, 10 Dec 2013
Just had my first day with the console and I've got to say I love it already. The console and gamepad are both extremely light (not meaning cheap, they're of a high quality build). The gamepad seemed a little wide to me at first and felt like it was going to be awkward to use but it's easy enough to get used to. The console runs at a decent speed, the load times between menus is a bit longer than I would have liked but it's not disastrously slow.
Some apps wouldn't load for me for some reason (Youtube and Amazon in particular) but the internet browser works great so it's not too big of a deal, in fact connecting the Wii U to my phone's intenet and watching Youtube was faster than watching straight from my phone. The Miiverse is a nice little forum of sorts, I've yet to see a rude post and everyone seems very friendly (there's some great artwork from fans too).
The gamepad is a really great interface, it feels natural to look at the screen on the gamepad and I found myself looking at the screen more than the tv at times. Off screen play is invaluable if you're sharing the living room tv, or if you like the idea of playing in bed like myself. A lot of reviews say the battery on the gamepad is only 3 hours but I managed a good 6-7 (admittedly I wasn't gaming the entire time), again though it's not a massive issue as the bundle comes with a decently long charging lead, however it is a shame that you can't charge the pad through the console.
Zelda looks amazing in HD, I have the gamecube version and the difference struck me immediately (the world is even more beautiful than the original, which still stands up to this day). If you've never played Wind Waker before it is a must, one of the best if not the best zelda game to date.

There's a lot of positives to this console and only one real negative, but it's a pretty annoying one. The initial set up took me around 5 hours, once plugged in and turned on you have to install the day one update which is hefty in and of itself (around 2 hours of waiting, even on a good broadband connection). On top of this the bundle does NOT include Zelda on disk, it must be downloaded from the eShop (another 2 hours minimum, it took me 3). I was really disappointed to have to wait so long to start playing an actual game. Once the update had installed it just so happened that the eShop was down for maintenance too, I didn't include this in the set up time above as it was just bad luck but including the down time it took around 10 hours before I could even play a game.

Still this is an amazing bundle, once I started playing I forgot all about the hours spent staring at a progress bar. It's a console that appeals to all age groups and is just now coming into it's own. All I'd say is if you're getting this for someone as a present, open it beforehand and install the updates and game otherwise the recipient might not even get to play a game on it till christmas night (or even the next day if you're really unlucky!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! More than I was expecting, 20 Dec 2013
Vanyel "Vanyel" (Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
The marketing for the Wii U is so terrible that I did not not except much but this really is a great product. Far beyond what I see written about it.

First thing to note I am in Australia where, they did NOT release this so I risked the UK version and hoped for the best. Other than an adapter plug everything works fine. If you want to download the game in AUD you will have 1 small issue I listed at the bottom so go look there

All the peripherals from the Wii can be used here. You can transfer old save data etc. from the Wii to this so you don't have to keep switching back and forth between the 2 systems. You apparently need an SD card for this (this is the only bit I have not completed). The only extra cost you may face other than what is in this box is
1) External Hard Drive - if you download lots of games it would be helpful but not essential
2) Procontroller (which is currently on special) I haven't had to use it yet so meh

That's it! So really they stuck to the 'keep it simple' and 'don't sc***w your customers with hidden costs' so good for Nintendo

A few details

The Zelda detailing is beautiful, shiny and rather fun to look at.

The gamepad controller takes a little getting used to but once you get the hand of it, it is quite fun. Also people complain about battery life which is silly because you can just plug it in (it has its own power cord) and just keep playing that way. Also that 3-5hours battery must be when you have the brightness on full and volume on full because it felt longer to me. Either way it is a moot point as you can play as you charge so who really cares?

Graphics are excellent with the HDMI that comes with it and a decent TV. Very sharp graphics. I will try with Component cords and compare and contrast and maybe update this review but until then HDMI seems to be doing the job with minimal fuss.

The BEST bit is the simplest thing ever, especially as I live with people who tend to hog the TV at night and I want to game. The switiching back and forth between TV and gamepad they talked about? It is ONE click of a button. I will admit having fun switching back and forth.

Initial setup takes a while. Let it load the updates and then do something else like reading a book because you will be there a while. About 3 hours for updates and then loading the game.

Windwaker stuff:
To download this just make sure that you set everything to 'UK" especially the location of the console etc. I just set up an AUD user and a UK user. Once you download a game it doesn't matter what user you use. Just remember the save data stays with that user you picked. That's right, multiple accounts means in the case of windwaker you can really get more than 3 save slots :P

They added a cute feature which is a message in the bottle. You take pics or messages and the bottle gets thrown into the Miiverse. Which is basically their social hub similar to facebook. You can receive messages in a bottle in the game so whilst you sail along you can read the funny stuff others have said on the game pad. Mutlitasking at its best. Also I received a few rare figurines this way because the community try to help each other and send rare pics etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legend Of Zelda Wii-U 32Gb premium console bundle, 5 Oct 2013
Mr. S. Hahn - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I received this console bundle I am quite surprised on how light the gamepad is.I have really big hands and the gamepad feels really comfortable.This is my First time playing The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker and I'm loving the overall gameplay.Zelda is one of those franchises that I hold dear to me.I'm happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea why I didn't buy this earlier, 2 Aug 2014
Since the Wii U was announced, I always wanted one, but I was never really as keen on getting one as I was with other Nintendo consoles. I read online about the poor sales and lack of games, and then I strayed away from the idea of it. I ended up not getting one until almost 2 years after it was released. Since it arrived, I have spent every single minute of my free time playing on it. The gamepad initially looks very bulky and uncomfortable, but as soon as you hold it, it feels great, and you really don't even notice the size of it. The screen in the middle has been useful too, with most games (e.g. Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker) allowing you to display the entire game on the screen, thus allowing you to wander from the console. The games that don't allow you to do this will probably offer some sort of innovative feature instead (e.g. ZombiU).

Overall, I would definitely recommend getting this, especially with the lineup of games to be released fairly soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars The only choice for parents with kids, 30 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've had every nintendo console on day one from the SNES to the Wii but initially was not impressed by the Wii U. I had an xbox 360 and as far as I was concerned, this gave me everything I wanted from a games console and the Wii U just didnt have any games that excited me.

However, a few key things happened that changed my opinion and led me to buy this zelda wii u bundle.

Firstly, I have a 5 year old daughter that has begun to play video games and it is a real concern that both the PS4 and the XBOX ONE are not only too expensive but really dont seem suitable for kids. Second, the Wii U software line-up in the first year was terrible but all of a sudden, it seems like there is a flood of high quality games coming out - all suitable for play with kids and families.

Nintendo has done a terrible job of communicating all the things that make the Wii U different from the other consoles.
Here is a short list of stand-out features:

-The controller is a gamepad with it's own screen (like a small ipad). This is great for drawing games and maps/menus are displayed here now which avoids having to interrupt the gameplay. It's great for navigating Internet Explorer and You Tube on your large TV screen.

-When you are playing on the TV and somebody wants to watch 'EastEnders', you can instantly send the game to the gamepad controller, which has its own screen, and you can carry on playing uninterrupted. This keeps everybody happy and makes sharing the TV so much easier.

-Every game has something called Mii Verse Functionality. This allows people to post comments while playing the game. For instance, if you find a secret stamp on Super Mario 3d World you can help others to find it. These comments appear both in the game itself and on a special community forum.

-There is a retro shop built into the Wii u menu called 'Virtual Console'. This allows you to play all of the classic games from the NES and SNES. This gives you access to all the classic Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong games etc.

-New Super Mario Bros has a function that can take over the game and finish the level if you get stuck!

-Wii Fit U is FREE to download if you own a wii fit balance board and buy a Wii Fit Meter (pre-owned costs 10-12 quid).

-Nintendo is very family orientated and is cautious about kids playing with strangers. Nintendo insists that you must know other players 'Friend Code' in order to play together online.

The Zelda Bundle's gamepad is beautifully decorated and the Zelda Windwaker HD remake is a wonderful adventure that contains lots of dungeons with fun puzzles to solve and lots of sailing across the sea and meeting quirky characters. It has at least 50+ hours of gameplay!

Upcoming games for Wii U include Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros Wii U and Bayonetta 2!! Already released is the must-have Super Mario 3d World.

In order to give a balanced review, there are some negatives about the Wii U:

-Alot of games require additional Wii remotes / Nunchuks for multiplayer which can get pricey for 4 players.(Advice: Buy pre-owned ones)

-The battery life for the gamepad is 3-6 hours before needing charging (although a new battery is available now which increases this)

-Initial set-up seemed to take longer than necessary.

-Not all games come out for Wii U

CONCLUSION: ITS THE ONLY CONSOLE TO BUY IF YOU HAVE KIDS. IT IS GREAT FOR FAMILIES, CHEAPER PRICED AND HAS GREAT FAMILY FRIENDLY GAMES.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Oct 2013
The Wii U console at this price with such a great game is an absolute snatch, and I am very happy with both the console and the game. The only reason that this is not rated 5 stars is that the game itself is in the form of a download code rather than a game disc, and I have very slow internet at home. so I had to wait ages for it to download and install before I could play it. Otherwise a very solid buy, and I would recommend it to anyone looking to buy the console that has a solid internet connection.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 25 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
was a perfect christmas present for someone close to me, wasnt expecting a new Wii with it but maybe i just didnt read it right, paid 239 for this and i see the price has gone up soo just in time, i have a feeling this is going to be played with all over the holidays, so brilliant present, and everything as it should be thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Nintendo's done it again!, 4 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You'd think that the re-release of a game over ten years old would have very little to offer but, as my title suggests, Nintendo managed to take an old game and make it into something new!! Taking a much loved childhood favourite and adapting it to their new system in a way that, whilst making Wind Waker more efficient, doesn't take away from the original game that made so many people fall in love with the Legend of Zelda franchise upon its original release, I fail to see what they could've done to make this much better!

Thank you Nintendo!!! Not only for a wonderful, easy to set up and handle system, but for a fantastic HD remake to play upon it!!!