4.0 out of 5 stars Good little bundle.
Good bundle. Zelda WW HD is brilliant. It looks gorgeous and is a joy to play. In hindsight I still would have picked this bundle over all the others.

The artwork on the controller one is a little tacky, but fans of Zelda might appreciate it, I think I would have preferred plain black, but it makes little difference.

Warning: Note this is a...
Published 8 months ago by Terrybad

2.0 out of 5 stars Copy of game not actually included as described
The hardware seems ok but I have no idea if it is any good because the "included copy" of the game is a digital download code and the eShop where this can be redeemed has been out of action for days. So far I am the not so proud possessor of two hundred and fifty quids worth of unusable plastic. Well done Nintendo!
Published 7 months ago by Johnnyrelevant

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little bundle., 25 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii U 32GB The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Premium Pack - Black (Nintendo Wii U) (Console)

Warning: Note this is a downloaded version of the game, you don't get a disk, but I actually prefer that, just click on icon and go, no messing around with disks.

The game takes an hour or so to download and then a while to install. Along with the hour or so Wii U updates when you first turn it on, don't expect to be playing straight away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant bundle, 13 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've wanted a Wii U for the last year - but since Rayman Legends got delayed and pushed to all platforms, my main reason for buying one disappeared too. The Wind Waker HD proved too hard to resist though, and I picked up this bundle a week ago.

Seeing a Nintendo game running in HD is pretty swanky, but seeing the Wind Waker in HD is jaw-dropping. Genuinely, it looks absolutely stunning, and I would rank this up with Perfect Dark and Halo Anniversary as one of the finest HD updates around. The game itself plays identically, but with a number of wrinkles and niggles ironed out, including sped up animations and a streamlined chart hunt at the end of the game. The gameplay still stands up well a decade later.

The console interface is very nicely done, it feels like Nintedo have finally gotten with the times, with background downloading and installing, a totally overhauled e-shop, and best of all, the second screen feature, which really is marvellous.

I highly recommend this console. The only think holding it back was it's lack of games. Wind Waker HD is a real step in the right direction, and with Mario 3D World on the horizon, and Mario Kart next year, it seems the Wii U's prospects are soon to do an about face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great console with some minor annoyances, 10 Dec 2013
Just had my first day with the console and I've got to say I love it already. The console and gamepad are both extremely light (not meaning cheap, they're of a high quality build). The gamepad seemed a little wide to me at first and felt like it was going to be awkward to use but it's easy enough to get used to. The console runs at a decent speed, the load times between menus is a bit longer than I would have liked but it's not disastrously slow.
Some apps wouldn't load for me for some reason (Youtube and Amazon in particular) but the internet browser works great so it's not too big of a deal, in fact connecting the Wii U to my phone's intenet and watching Youtube was faster than watching straight from my phone. The Miiverse is a nice little forum of sorts, I've yet to see a rude post and everyone seems very friendly (there's some great artwork from fans too).
The gamepad is a really great interface, it feels natural to look at the screen on the gamepad and I found myself looking at the screen more than the tv at times. Off screen play is invaluable if you're sharing the living room tv, or if you like the idea of playing in bed like myself. A lot of reviews say the battery on the gamepad is only 3 hours but I managed a good 6-7 (admittedly I wasn't gaming the entire time), again though it's not a massive issue as the bundle comes with a decently long charging lead, however it is a shame that you can't charge the pad through the console.
Zelda looks amazing in HD, I have the gamecube version and the difference struck me immediately (the world is even more beautiful than the original, which still stands up to this day). If you've never played Wind Waker before it is a must, one of the best if not the best zelda game to date.

There's a lot of positives to this console and only one real negative, but it's a pretty annoying one. The initial set up took me around 5 hours, once plugged in and turned on you have to install the day one update which is hefty in and of itself (around 2 hours of waiting, even on a good broadband connection). On top of this the bundle does NOT include Zelda on disk, it must be downloaded from the eShop (another 2 hours minimum, it took me 3). I was really disappointed to have to wait so long to start playing an actual game. Once the update had installed it just so happened that the eShop was down for maintenance too, I didn't include this in the set up time above as it was just bad luck but including the down time it took around 10 hours before I could even play a game.

Still this is an amazing bundle, once I started playing I forgot all about the hours spent staring at a progress bar. It's a console that appeals to all age groups and is just now coming into it's own. All I'd say is if you're getting this for someone as a present, open it beforehand and install the updates and game otherwise the recipient might not even get to play a game on it till christmas night (or even the next day if you're really unlucky!)

5.0 out of 5 stars WiiU and Zelda WWhd, 5 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The WiiU had been on my want list for a while and after over a year of waiting I was genuinely not disappointed.

The main pro of the console is the gamepad. This enables off TV screen hand held playing, motion control and extended in game play. An example of how it enhances play is with Ryman, ZombieU and Wind Waker especially. The two screens allow for a lack of having to pause the game to control and switch between items, rummage through chests, unlock doors, look at maps, switching between characters, use of touch screen for extras in certain games and as a plus it couples as a TV remote.

The wiiU enables HD game play which is a massive plus that I don't think Nintendo advertised enough. Additionally this 32gb premium has a mass memory compared to old consoles with an added availability of saving on to sd card or memory stick, stands and chargers for the gamepad, stands for the console and a sticky sensor bar.

I received this with a Zelda HD download which came with a beautifully Zelda themed decorated gamepad. The game is jaw dropping in HD and the changes have made the game even more desirable. The obvious and one of my favourite changes apart from enhanced HD graphics is the use of the gamepad. Items and map can be accessed without pausing and the motion sense seems to work perfectly when aiming projectile weapons such as arrows. The other changes are worth mentioning as they do enhance playing; speedier treasure grappling, speedier sale for purchase, songs available on gamepad screen so you don't need to memorize them, extra wallet room and the use of 'bottles' which you write a message on and it throws it to miiverse where other people can interact to your message or pictures (available in most games but using messages in bottles which you then collect in the sea and find other peoples messages is a nice touch to a water based game).

I can't recommend this device enough, the expanded Eshop, online interaction, use of photo to create a mii, HD graphics capability, expanding development of games and the touch pad are all wonderful parts of the WiiU that are a must have. The use of the touch game pad is hard to describe of how interactive, sensitive and truly unique it is, but I believe it is a step forward in Nintendo technology.

Five out of five. A must buy for all Nintendo lovers; it enables a mix of controller based play for hard core gamers and motion control for gimmick and enhanced playing.

4.0 out of 5 stars The only choice for parents with kids, 30 Dec 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've had every nintendo console on day one from the SNES to the Wii but initially was not impressed by the Wii U. I had an xbox 360 and as far as I was concerned, this gave me everything I wanted from a games console and the Wii U just didnt have any games that excited me.

However, a few key things happened that changed my opinion and led me to buy this zelda wii u bundle.

Firstly, I have a 5 year old daughter that has begun to play video games and it is a real concern that both the PS4 and the XBOX ONE are not only too expensive but really dont seem suitable for kids. Second, the Wii U software line-up in the first year was terrible but all of a sudden, it seems like there is a flood of high quality games coming out - all suitable for play with kids and families.

Nintendo has done a terrible job of communicating all the things that make the Wii U different from the other consoles.
Here is a short list of stand-out features:

-The controller is a gamepad with it's own screen (like a small ipad). This is great for drawing games and maps/menus are displayed here now which avoids having to interrupt the gameplay. It's great for navigating Internet Explorer and You Tube on your large TV screen.

-When you are playing on the TV and somebody wants to watch 'EastEnders', you can instantly send the game to the gamepad controller, which has its own screen, and you can carry on playing uninterrupted. This keeps everybody happy and makes sharing the TV so much easier.

-Every game has something called Mii Verse Functionality. This allows people to post comments while playing the game. For instance, if you find a secret stamp on Super Mario 3d World you can help others to find it. These comments appear both in the game itself and on a special community forum.

-There is a retro shop built into the Wii u menu called 'Virtual Console'. This allows you to play all of the classic games from the NES and SNES. This gives you access to all the classic Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong games etc.

-New Super Mario Bros has a function that can take over the game and finish the level if you get stuck!

-Wii Fit U is FREE to download if you own a wii fit balance board and buy a Wii Fit Meter (pre-owned costs 10-12 quid).

-Nintendo is very family orientated and is cautious about kids playing with strangers. Nintendo insists that you must know other players 'Friend Code' in order to play together online.

The Zelda Bundle's gamepad is beautifully decorated and the Zelda Windwaker HD remake is a wonderful adventure that contains lots of dungeons with fun puzzles to solve and lots of sailing across the sea and meeting quirky characters. It has at least 50+ hours of gameplay!

Upcoming games for Wii U include Mario Kart 8, Zelda Wii U, Smash Bros Wii U and Bayonetta 2!! Already released is the must-have Super Mario 3d World.

In order to give a balanced review, there are some negatives about the Wii U:

-Alot of games require additional Wii remotes / Nunchuks for multiplayer which can get pricey for 4 players.(Advice: Buy pre-owned ones)

-The battery life for the gamepad is 3-6 hours before needing charging (although a new battery is available now which increases this)

-Initial set-up seemed to take longer than necessary.

-Not all games come out for Wii U

CONCLUSION: ITS THE ONLY CONSOLE TO BUY IF YOU HAVE KIDS. IT IS GREAT FOR FAMILIES, CHEAPER PRICED AND HAS GREAT FAMILY FRIENDLY GAMES.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 7 Nov 2013
I love it, it was easy to set up and start using straight away, the game pad is light and easy to use and you can play without the tv if you want. This is suitable for all the family in fact I have enjoyed playing with my grandchildren so that's from 7-62. Of course only one player on the Zelda game but there is so much more the Wii U can do

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this console just for Zelda, why else?, 16 Feb 2014
Got the Wii U for Christmas off of my girlfriend, I love it and especially love her. Zelda is by far my favourite game franchise, it's amazing stories and characters keep me wanting more and probably will for a long time, I've these games since I can remember, got this games console just for this game, was it worth it I hear you ask, yes, without a doubt. Love you Sarah for such a great gift and Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! More than I was expecting, 20 Dec 2013
Vanyel "Vanyel" (Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
The marketing for the Wii U is so terrible that I did not not except much but this really is a great product. Far beyond what I see written about it.

First thing to note I am in Australia where, they did NOT release this so I risked the UK version and hoped for the best. Other than an adapter plug everything works fine. If you want to download the game in AUD you will have 1 small issue I listed at the bottom so go look there

All the peripherals from the Wii can be used here. You can transfer old save data etc. from the Wii to this so you don't have to keep switching back and forth between the 2 systems. You apparently need an SD card for this (this is the only bit I have not completed). The only extra cost you may face other than what is in this box is
1) External Hard Drive - if you download lots of games it would be helpful but not essential
2) Procontroller (which is currently on special) I haven't had to use it yet so meh

That's it! So really they stuck to the 'keep it simple' and 'don't sc***w your customers with hidden costs' so good for Nintendo

A few details

The Zelda detailing is beautiful, shiny and rather fun to look at.

The gamepad controller takes a little getting used to but once you get the hand of it, it is quite fun. Also people complain about battery life which is silly because you can just plug it in (it has its own power cord) and just keep playing that way. Also that 3-5hours battery must be when you have the brightness on full and volume on full because it felt longer to me. Either way it is a moot point as you can play as you charge so who really cares?

Graphics are excellent with the HDMI that comes with it and a decent TV. Very sharp graphics. I will try with Component cords and compare and contrast and maybe update this review but until then HDMI seems to be doing the job with minimal fuss.

The BEST bit is the simplest thing ever, especially as I live with people who tend to hog the TV at night and I want to game. The switiching back and forth between TV and gamepad they talked about? It is ONE click of a button. I will admit having fun switching back and forth.

Initial setup takes a while. Let it load the updates and then do something else like reading a book because you will be there a while. About 3 hours for updates and then loading the game.

Windwaker stuff:
To download this just make sure that you set everything to 'UK" especially the location of the console etc. I just set up an AUD user and a UK user. Once you download a game it doesn't matter what user you use. Just remember the save data stays with that user you picked. That's right, multiple accounts means in the case of windwaker you can really get more than 3 save slots :P

They added a cute feature which is a message in the bottle. You take pics or messages and the bottle gets thrown into the Miiverse. Which is basically their social hub similar to facebook. You can receive messages in a bottle in the game so whilst you sail along you can read the funny stuff others have said on the game pad. Mutlitasking at its best. Also I received a few rare figurines this way because the community try to help each other and send rare pics etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legend Of Zelda Wii-U 32Gb premium console bundle, 5 Oct 2013
Mr. S. Hahn - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When I received this console bundle I am quite surprised on how light the gamepad is.I have really big hands and the gamepad feels really comfortable.This is my First time playing The Legend Of Zelda Wind Waker and I'm loving the overall gameplay.Zelda is one of those franchises that I hold dear to me.I'm happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant system, 15 Oct 2013
Nintendo have not advertised their new console well at all but believe me, it is fantastic! I have had the Zelda bundle a few weeks now and I love the integration of the gamepad with the games and the ability to transfer all of your data from the original Wii and the backwards compatibility with it.

As another reviewer said, the initial setup including software updates takes quite a while so if you are buying this as a Christmas present, try and do all of the setup before they open it as it can take a few hours, (not to mention the nearly 3 hours it takes to charge the gamepad on first use!) Don't let this put you off though, the Wii U is completely underrated and I am yet to meet someone that doesn't like it that has played it!