5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected find
Published 17 months ago by R. Bradford

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at all the high reviews
A lot of reviews have heaped praise on this album, but I personally did not share the enjoyment of this album. I found it to be largely rather dull and uninteresting - well crafted to a degree perhaps and not outright bad, but certainly somewhat lacking in melody. I found the song '1949' cloyingly misjudged and cringeworthy - this seemed to be a shallow attempt by a young...
Published 12 months ago by James Pearce

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected find, 24 Mar 2013
R. Bradford (Wotton-under-Edge, Glos, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signals (MP3 Download)
I bought this because Mallory Knox were supporting Finch at a gig I was going to - so I thought I'd check them out. It is quite a find, this album. Hard hitting enough for rock fans but easily accessible with catchy tunes. If you are allergic to the merest hint of commerciality you may want to avoid it, but otherwise I'd strongly recommend "Signals". Will it survive the "listen 10 times test"? Well it's going well after 5 or 6 so far. Also good live (March 2013). I think these guys are going places.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth The Wait!, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Signals (Audio CD)
Since 2011, when Mallory Knox released Pilot -EP, I have been waiting for this full length album! And it is TOTALLY WORTH THAT WAIT!! Every song is amazing, and I had it on replay in my car for at least three weeks after it came! 1949 is such a beautiful song that I managed to get my mum to listen to it and love it, and she usually hates anything I listen to! Ones to listen to - Beggars, Death Rattle, Creeper, Lighthouse, Wake Up & Hello (or just the entire album).
Overall I would seriously recommend this for fans of Young Guns, Canterbury, You Me At Six and Don Broco, as it is such an awesome album from a great new British band!

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Signals (Audio CD)
bought as present for my 11 year old son, he loves it. listens to it all the time.
look forward to hearing more from Mallory Knox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Signals (Audio CD)
Saw them live and had to buy the album, absolutely love it and really hope to see more of them soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Better then EP!, 23 Jun 2014
Such a fantastic album!
From the new Mallory Knox this band just seem to get better and better as they go.
Anyone who liked their EP will love the album.
They also sound great live!

Only thing they need on this album is Oceans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Signals (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
I thought this album was amazing, my music taste tends to be a lot more heavy but this album with the clean lyrics and amazing guitars to go with it amazed me, I was a small fan of their work before buying this album and since I have listend to it it had opened my mind to their other songs I had never even heard, I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.
I particularly liked the bonus tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Far from shabby, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Signals (Deluxe) (Audio CD)
Although nothing too original or outstanding, there is no doubt that Mallory Knox and their debut are one of the more listenable bands on my playlist at the moment. For fans of the genre, it may seem a bit samey, but that doesn't bring down the quality of the bands sound. Tracks I'm loving include: Wake Up, Beggars and Lighthouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars ace!, 14 Feb 2014
I am a huge fan of Mallory Knox, therefore loved the album.
its a great album to blast out in my new car even in the horrible weather, definitely brightens my mornings :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Album, 7 Dec 2013
Nice sound and some really catchy tracks. Its nice to have the live track on the deluxe edition too. Good amount of songs on the album too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 21 Nov 2013
I only discovered this band about 4 months ago; This album blew my mind it's great especially as they are not a massive band and its their debut. I Recommend it and check out their 'pilots' EP

Signals (Deluxe)
Signals (Deluxe) by Mallory Knox (Audio CD - 2013)