5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up a 5 year old's face
My princess obsessed daughter loves this. It looks like a candle, but is rechargeable. It's had to be confiscated once or twice having made its way under the covers at night, but at least my torch isn't getting stolen any more. Lovely.
Published 5 months ago by Supertzar

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay
Published 1 month ago by S. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just okay, 19 Jun 2014
S. Williams (County Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philips Disney Cinderella Children's Candle Set (Integrated 4 x 0.06 Watts LED Bulb) (Kitchen & Home)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's quite hard to review this item. It does exactly what it says, and it is quite nice to watch flicker away, but it really doesn't look like it cost very much at all. And I have no idea why it is charged through a USB point. I mean, why not just a battery or charge from a plug? Saying that, the battery does last a while and it does look okay in a Disney room! But when I say ok, I mean nothing more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes a nice nightlight, 31 Jan 2014
Emma W (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an led light disguised as a tea light in a holder. It glows with a very yellow light and flickers to try and simulate candle light. The flickering is a nice touch, but it's not completely convincing. I like the fact it's not too bright too, it's more of a glow than a light. You turn it on and off by tilting it from side to side instead of using an on/off button.

The whole thing is smaller than you might think. I will upload a photo to give an idea of its size. It is charged by a USB plug, which is great if you have a laptop or whatever to charge it from, but if you don't, be warned - no standard 3 pin plug is supplied. I use the plug from my iPhone charger to charge it, but I'd really rather be able to just plug it into the mains in my daughters bedroom so I didn't have to remember to take it out and charge it every day. There is no charge indicator, so you can't tell if it's about to run out.

Nice little nightlight, shame it doesn't come with a mains adapter too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up a 5 year old's face, 29 Jan 2014
Supertzar - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Little girl delighted with this, 28 Jan 2014
Dodster (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My little girl is 7 and thinks this is lovely. The way it simulated candlelight is excellent and the fact it is rechargable is a big bonus. It didn't give off enough light to be a replacement for a nightlight, but as a pretty extra and a play item it is lovely. The way it turns on and off is fun too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 3 Jan 2014
Keith Lawson (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Safe. Attractive. Desirable to little girls fascinated by Disney Princesses. It gives a pleasing glow, without any risk of fire as a real candlelight would present. Can be left in a room as a nightlight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Light, 26 Dec 2013
Brian - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, a very pleasant beaker style candlelight from Philips. The light has built-in rechargeable batteries, so connect it to your pc/laptop, or usb mains charger, to boost it up to full before using it.I charged mine up with the plug off an old kindle charger.The light is not that bright, and is best used in a dimly lit room.It's a very attractive design,and will go just about anywhere.There is no on /off button, you just tip the light over a bit to put it on or off. The batteries are said to last ten hours, but I think mine went a bit longer, as I left it glowing on the mantlepiece overnight, after forgetting to switch it off. I'm recommending this Philips Cinderella light for all - ours is rarely off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for small girls room., 26 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have this in my 5.5 year olds bedroom. She would give it 5 stars, I would give it 3 so we have split the difference.

This is very small (smaller than a can of beans - probably like a half height can of redbull). It is a hard plastic 'beaker' with a bace inside about as thick as a tea light. from that comes a little bulb which serves as the flame. To turn on or off you tip this up and hear a little rattle as it switches. When it is on the light flickers to give the impression of a candle - I found this very hit and miss.

The device charges with a USB lead - although the end in the device is round & I found it to have a poor connection. You can't charge it in your laptop and move the laptop around as the plug comes out. There is also no indication as to how much of a charge it has or if it is full.

As a little night light it's great for checking on a child at night BUT after several hours charge it lasted about 6 hours solid on - now I know it's not supposed to be on all night, but try telling a 5 year old...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and effective, 23 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This Candle Light came in a very easy to open box. Easy to understand instructions were also included. The light charges via a USB lead. 10 hours charge gives 10 hours light.

In use, the light emitted from the LED is very gentle, and flickers - just like a real candle.

Turning off & on is as simple as tilting the candle upside down (on & off)

Makes a lovely night light for the kids !