4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for the DVD
Earlier this year I saw the full version of the Portofino concert at the cinema. Wonderful stuff!

Published 6 months ago by BruceB

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with DVD
Published 5 months ago by reviewer from Chelmsford

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with DVD, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Having seen this wonderful film at the cinema I was very disappointed not only with the quality of the photography (which at the cinema was stunning)but with the fact that half of the concert was missing. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the CD is almost identical to his earlier CD and I only bought this for my husband because of the DVD that came with it. Unfortunately there was a lot of shaking and flickering on the photography which spoilt it for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought this for the DVD, 21 Oct 2013
BruceB (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)

I've been looking out for the DVD ever since, but when this CD/DVD set was announced, it was never fully explained exactly what would be on the DVD. It was only in an article in a Sunday paper on the day before release that there was enough information for me to want to order. It was clear that it would not be the whole of what I had seen in the cinema, but I reckoned that excerpts would be good enough until a full version appears, if it ever does.

I ordered after lunch on that Sunday, and the next morning Amazon Prime delivered it to me.

The CD is certainly good, though the sound quality is perhaps not quite as crystal as I would have wished. No matter. Definitely worth the having, with some gorgeous songs and accompaniments.

The DVD, even if it is an incomplete version of the whole concert, is magical. Watching the sun set on Portofino as Andrea sings is fabulous and I was left at the end feeling I could open the door and walk around the town.

In short, the CD/DVD set is well worth having.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful,as always., 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
I was aware when I ordered this release that it would not contain the whole of the Portofino concert, but where Andrea Bocelli is concerned half a concert is better than none at all. The performances here are delightful and the setting is stunning. The DVD on its own is worth the price.

Some say that Andrea should stick with the Italian pop ballads that originally made him famous but if he had just continued to produce Romanza style songs in Romanza style arrangements he would soon have been dubbed as a one-track pony; and if he devoted himself solely to opera he would be like a lot of other tenors who spend their whole career producing different combinations of the same arias over and over again. If an artist is as versatile as Andrea and can mould his voice to sing almost any song beautifully, it would be a pity to limit himself to just one category of music. By expanding his repertoire and exploring a great variety of musical genres he attracts and delights a wider audience than most singers, and Love in Portofino does not disappoint!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let-down, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Like another reviewer I also bought this mainly for the dvd and to be honest, if you already have "Passione" then you don`t really need this cd - the cd had little on it that isn`t on earlier releases. The scenes of Portofino were magical and just made you wish you had been able to see the whole concert. In fact I would have been prepared to pay more just for the entire concert and skipped the cd altogether. Of course Andre sang as well as always but I do have the feeling that David Foster is trying to turn him into an American crooner. So all in all I felt I had been "conned" a bit - I`m sure I will watch the 47 minute dvd again but doubt I will listen to the cd often. The whole thing felt it was neither one thing nor the other and I feel a bit disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bocelli, 9 Nov 2013
Peter Joiner (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Not overly enthused by this CD, I have heard better compilation from Bocelli, for me nothing really stands out as special.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the 9.99 BUT.................!, 25 Oct 2013
Mr. Peter J. Regelous "peterkingsinger" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Whilst this cd/dvd package is clearly worth the cover price I can't help but think that in a couple of months time there will be a "deluxe" version out with the full filmed concert from Portofino. Given that Andrea's last cd was only released a short time ago, to me, this "new" recording just seems like a "taster" to get people hooked on the dvd so that they will buy the full version when it comes out, as it will. It's also a very good way of making more money in the process.

1.0 out of 5 stars Andrea at Portofino, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
I have been to 4 of his concerts and I own all of his CD's and DVD's and I couldn't wait to get this one - what a disappointment! Some of the sound quality is so bad that I thought the actual disc was faulty and I was prepared to return it! And let's face it Andrea is not meant to croon - especially in English. It sounded as if he was trying to emulate Elvis or Perry Como and not succeeding very well. I wish he would stick with what he is best at - classical songs and opera!

4.0 out of 5 stars A real treat!, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Andrea Boccelli at his best. A treat after seeing him live in concert. Have bought this for my husband and also as a gift for a friend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another lovely one!, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
Very good background music and a change from Andrea Bocelli. Have bought one to give someone for Christmas and think it will be well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant viewing., 11 Jan 2014
V. Moderate "sliightly bored" (Newcastle upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love In Portofino (Audio CD)
This is a lovely DVD to watch on a winter night with a glass of wine. The setting is perfect and as usual Andreas singing is easy listening.

ARRAY(0xa0a4e240)

Love In Portofino
Love In Portofino by Andrea Bocelli (Audio CD - 2013)