I'm a huge gamer and I really like this console, it's small and so very quiet compared to my old Xbox 360.

Reading the reviews I knew what to expect with the optical output cable (but that doesn't bother me).
I bought this because after 5 years I started to have noise and disc problems with my old white xbox 360 (which I sold for £100).

It comes...
Published 13 months ago by Miss A Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars missing item
The console is great but I was missing the tomb raider game that was included in the bundle quite disappointing
Published 11 months ago by faye

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox 360 250GB Console + Halo 4 + Tomb Raider Value Bundle (Xbox 360), 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Xbox 360 250GB Console + Halo 4 + Tomb Raider Value Bundle (Xbox 360) (Console)

It comes with a paper quick set up guide instead of a book manual but this console isn't hard to set up.

I haven't played Halo 4 yet because I'm playing TombRaider and I love it.

Overall I think it's a great console :)

4.0 out of 5 stars UPGRADE OR DOWNGRADE ??, 17 Nov 2013
decoded (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I've had about 5 Xbox's over the past years and fancied trying this model.. The new 'E' model.

I was disappointed with my last Xbox 250gb slim model. It seems some have quiet 'Lite-On' DVD drives and others have the noisy 'Hitachi' drives. I was unlucky enough to pick the Fifa 14 (old)slim 250gb bundle that had the noisy 'Hitachi' drive in it. The noise is terrible and I just couldn't stick it.

This bundle has the new 'E' model which looks very similar to the new Xbox One console. It certainly looks nice and has half shiny/matt black look to it and gone are the curves of the slim. It does definately look more modern.

Is this model better you may ask? Er, yes and no.

Quietness -

If you have the slim with the 'Lite-On' drive you will notice no difference. It's a lot quieter than the Hitachi drive though. I was hoping the fan would be quieter than the older slim model, but it's not and just about the same noise level. Quiet but not silent.

Build quality -

The console feels nice and heavy and appears to be good quality.

The pad though actually did feel slighly cheaper in quality than my old slim and was faulty from new.. (d-pad not working properly). When I returned it to the shop they gave me a brand new boxed pad which felt heavier and better quality. So I suspect they have cut the quality.

Controls -

No touch controls now, just click buttons to power on and open drawer - Much better in my opinion!

Sockets -

Oh dear, this is where it fails. No optical out (bad for surround sound and headphones). One less HDMI socket at the back. No component socket, Just HDMI and an AV socket.

Software -

Exactly the same, doesn't run any quicker or slower.

Free Stuff -

Comes with download of Tomb Raider and boxed full game of Halo 4. It has a 1 month trial of Xbox Gold too. :o)

Verdict -

If you've got a nice quiet Xbox slim 250gb - Keep it !!!

If you've got a noisy Xbox or just fancy buying a new one then go for the 'E' model. At least I don't think Hitachi make the drives for them... yet ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 25 Nov 2013
Awesome system and price, do it! Doesn't come with a HDMI cable so make sure you have one ready at home for when it arrives

4.0 out of 5 stars confusing for non gamers, 7 Nov 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this bundle for my daughter as a present, it comes with 2 games, not knowing much about gaming i did not know that the term includes 2 games, did not mean you actually get 2 games, in disc format. No it seems one was disc, one was a code to download from xbox live, which requires internet, and signing up for xbox live!.
i think this should have been clear in the product description .

Other than that, arrived promptly well packaged and my daughter is very happy with the purchase .

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps them happy for hours (and hours), 8 Aug 2014
This was exactly what our 11 year old son wanted, mainly because many of his friends already had one. They can now all play together on-line. This wouldn't be possible with any other model like the xbox one. As it still keeps him occupied for hours (many months after it was purchased), it can only be a 5 star review based on cost vs usage. Would suggest getting a stand alone monitor if you ever want to watch your TV again, before they go to bed. The games supplied were ok for a short period of time, but peer pressure means that the library of expensive games is expanding almost as quickly as they can update them. Our younger daughter has recently discovered the fun (really ???) of MINECRAFT so demand for this xbox should be maintained for sometime yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Come on, it's an XBox 360..., 25 April 2014
L. M. Chambers "LeeBop" (Stevenage, UK) - See all my reviews
Not much to say really, it was a Christmas present for our daughter; the games make a pretty good bundle; the price was lower than elsewhere; it was the latest model before the XBox One came out (which at the current prices, she will have buy herself when she gets a job!)

5.0 out of 5 stars xbox 360, 23 April 2014
bought this for my mates christmas present he is over the mood with it, and so am i. always recomend getting an xbox 360

5.0 out of 5 stars Xbox 360 250GB Console, 17 April 2014
I bought this as a surprise for my Son for Christmas he love's it thank you delivery was fantastic now need to try and get him from playing it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Mar 2014
Item as described great console. Excellent service arrived the next day!!!! Husband very happy. Very good value for a great quality console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anything for a bit of peace!, 10 Feb 2014
My 25 year old daughter.... Yes you read that correctly, loves this but not as much as we do as it allows us some peace! A no brainer!

Xbox 360 250GB Console + Halo 4 + Tomb Raider Value Bundle (Xbox 360)
Used & New from: £210.99