5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for everyday PC usage
Published 8 months ago by Shane Farrell

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I bought this for my office - to run from a MacBook. It works fine, but the colours look very washed out, it's not a patch on the screen of my MacBook. However, for viewing emails and working on spreadsheets (which is why I bought it), it's OK. If you're after something with superb resolution, I don't think this is it.
Published 8 months ago by NDA

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for everyday PC usage, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Asus VS228DE 21.5 inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LED Monitor (1920x1080, 5ms, VGA) (Accessory)
Got two of these for my PC. For the price I paid (€84 each), they're great value. There are some issues with viewing angles, but for €84 for a 1080p 60fps modern monitor I wouldn't expect it to be flawless. That being said, don't get these monitors if your sole usage will be for movies/tv while sitting back or lying back. They're not great for that. But for everyday one-person pc usage sitting directly in front of the screen, I highly recommend this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement monitor, 22 Dec. 2014
Arrived yesterday from Amazon. Good delivery even on Sunday before Christmas. Very good straight out of the box......good colours, image clarity, and sharp and easy to set up too. Brightness a little high but it can be adjusted. Both DVI and VGA leads supplied, though I'm using the DVI normally and keeping the HDMI input (no lead supplied - bought a 1.5m one) for plugging my laptop into. Menus are ok once you get you're head round what each does. Nice blue power light. Stand is fine, my monitor has very slight (mm maybe) lean to the right, if you wobble the desk the monitor moves for maybe 5 secs rather than the 30 secs identified by a previous reviewer - no worse than others I've had. I am very happy I went for the better IPS monitor and no speakers. No dead pixels or hints of anything untoward. My advice......buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great so far, 15 April 2014
This arrived this morning, the 5th day after ordering, and I have been testing it throughout the day. The monitor is great, with no dead pixels that I can see and no noticeable input lag. The colour presets aren’t very good - all being over saturated or washed out in my opinion, but that is easily fixed in the settings. I will edit if any defects come up in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen - Poor stand, 14 April 2014
Quality of the screen is fantastic. Superb contrast and colours. Great response time and games look fab.

Stand is weak though, make a change to your settings and you'll watch the monitor wobble for 30 seconds before settling down...not sure quite how the stand made it through product testing at ASUS...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov. 2014
Love it got 2 of them at the moment and getting another near xmas for my gaming seutp

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming Build + Other graphic demands, 4 Aug. 2014
I bought this for my on going-gaming build set up, originally I was going to buy 2 of these but with mixed reviews I bought only 1 just to try it out. And seeing as it only uses a VGA cable I was gutted when I opened the box and realized, fault on my part for not fully researching the monitor. I hooked it all up, optimized a few games to higher settings to push the graphics a little more, result; it was like crystal, the display was perfect, I played games, did a bit of editing and watched a 1080p film, It's amazing, don't slate VGA until you've tried it.

Can't knock it at all this quality I expect from a £150+ buy, it's great!!!

- Jack

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant quality but from sound., 5 Aug. 2014
Let me start off by saying the screen quality is brilliant. Images and videos appear in full detail and the colours are really good. The gaming performance is very good. I definitely noticed the fast response time from my old TV. The buttons provided are very useful and work without a hitch. Standby mode is very useful and the screen turns on very quickly.

However, where I thought there would not be a problem, there became one. Because the sound on the display through HDMI is ridiculously flat. I'm not much of a sound person. That is to say I did not really care of headphones or good sound quality before. However, I definitely noticed a difference between this and my TV. I have had to get headphones as I could not bare listening through the screen. Audio is clear enough to be understood but youll be noticing the mixed audio that it will bother you in the end. Speakers may be the way to go...

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent Monitor for the price!!, 3 Jan. 2014
Just set this monitor up, works flawlessly with windows 8,plenty of scope for adjustment brightness,contrast etc. I do like the presets which are easily changed. Ok it is only VGA but I was looking for a monitor that was small enough to be portable,yet big enough for my poor eyes lol! Appears to be well constructed tilting of the screen is adequate. Excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Monitor for a good price, 14 Aug. 2012
I needed a second widescreen monitor so I can have dual monitors. I didn't want to spend too much and wanted to make sure the monitor had HDMI and a DVI connection. I needed something 23 inch wide screen or bigger and found this item for a fairly reasonable price. Overall I am really satisfied with the monitor and would recommend this to anyone that is looking for something relatively cheap and a good monitor. Color/Brightness are great and you can change settings for just working/gaming or watching movies. The monitor looks really nice and matches well with my second monitor. No complaints so far i have had it for about 5 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars ] Good clean clear picture quality with some nifty pre set ..., 9 July 2014
Not used to ordering new monitors I took a punt on this sizable screen for minimal price and have had no issues or problems of any note. [ The base comes seperate and you need to aline and twist to secure, no biggy once you see how it's done. ]

Good clean clear picture quality with some nifty pre set screen balances, TV, gaming. Screen does have a limited veiw angle as I like to play my games whilst lounging I have had to prop it up a bit to get a better picture. I think it's around 30 degrees above or below, though you can adjust it is note to that greater degree.

Also included was a wall mount, and I had no uissue with power as all was supplied.