on 9 May 2016
Fantastic headphones to hear the sound-one of the best I have ever had. Though not sure if it has 7,1 on Windows 10. They fit on my head great and are a bit heavy but fit over my ears great.

The reason for the 2 stars is because the MICROPHONE on it as stated in other reviews...is utterly USELESS. It only picks up when it is 0.5cm in front of you lips, and since this is a non adjustable hard plastic mic (it doesn't bend) and is on the side 4-5cm away not picking up anything. I have installed the latest drivers, increased mic recording volume to max and installed disc/site software and tried many things I have read on-line to no avail. If the mic worked I'd give this 5stars, and I got this for the whole package..I needed a mic..now I have to get a separate one-it's a shame really.

PS: after seeing my 3star review Anna from Hippidion Store was really helpful via e-mail- so I increased my review stars to 4/5 because of excellent customer service from the retailer/seller. Cheers.
on 14 March 2016
It is not working for Windows 10. It keeps coming up with unrecognised USB and i have tried plugging it in every usb slot. I am really disappointed that I can't get this working. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem then it will be much appreciated.
on 15 January 2016
Does not work with Windows 10 at all. Microphone would not pick up my voice and took me half an hour to get the surround sound working at all. Not impressed, avoid if you are using Windows 10 as Tecknet have not released any drivers to support the product.
on 7 January 2015
Generally disappointed with this headset. I know it's a 'budget' product, but I've had better experiences with cheaper sets.

Fit/Comfort - OK, no complaints.

Sound Quality - Not bad, but very 'loud'. By this I mean having your system audio set to anything above 25% produces background hiss from the amplification. Once levels are set, it's ok.

Mic Quality - I've been told I sound a lot less clear than with my previous headset (a £2.99 headset from that famous auction site), also been advised that every 20-30mins my mic produces a weird robotic feedback noise that lasts approx. 30 seconds.

I regret making this purchase, and should have looked at the reviews a little more.

For this price range, I'm sure there are much better options.
on 14 May 2015
Windows 7 recognizes headset without driver update, but I believe it works just as stereo. To use 7.1 have to update drivers. I don't have cd-rom, so I hoped to find it in Tecknet website. As it turns out, there is no such a product as HS800 headset in Tecknet website.
Contacted them - waiting for reply.
Other then drivers - headset seams to be re-branded Somic g927,
BUT for the money it has good quality sound even without proper drivers. Mic works clear without any extra noises as complained from other users.
Update 16.05.2015
Kerry from TeckNet customer service center sent me a link to TeckNet HS800 drivers - http://www.tecknetonline.com/download/HS800%201.1.0.3.rar

God oh God what difference they made. Playing games now is so different now.
Changed 3 starts to 5 stars!
on 9 April 2016
Only gives you 2.0 surround sound on Windows 10. Some people have apparently got it working by mucking about with 3rd party drivers but in my opinion it should work out of the box, which it doesn't so avoid and get another that is better supported.
on 22 March 2016
These headphones are good, functional headphones. I found two problems with them, which I will discuss, but pretty much everything that I do not mention is of good quality. The two problems that I found were a) the fact the lights on the side do not seem to have any rhyme or reason as to their function. In some USB slots on my computer, they are lit constantly, and on others, they do not function at all. The other issue, b) is that, whilst somewhat sturdy, these headphones are not great at taking shocks. My work area is crowded, which has lead to the headphones being knocked to the floor a couple of times. These have caused the right headphone to become erratic, and sometimes consantly make a clicking noise. Apart from those, though, it has been a dependable product.
on 24 May 2016
The mic is to quiet to even use... Quite disappointing given the good reviews.
on 11 February 2016
This is a difficult item to review, because although I thought it looked very tacky and didn't like the software or leaflet (tiny typeface and images, even with reading specs on), I did like the sound and also found them very comfortable to wear over my specs.
Unfortunately, the microphone was not working - struggling to hear me even with all the settings max'd and me shouting or tapping the mic. I have since tried a similar product by another manufacturer and was so disappointed that I decided to try these again - hopefully getting a fully working set next time. If the mic works, I'd give it 4 stars - drops one for tackiness!
Unfortunately, the second set also had a defective microphone and is being returned. Drops to 2 stars for consistent poor build quality.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 December 2015
I bought these a few months ago, and I'm impressed with them for what they cost. The sound is full and bassy, and they are very comfortable, as opposed to other headphones i've tried in this price bracket which have sounded tinny, and become uncomfortable after a few minutes.

The microphone is above average, but not world beating, but again for the price, i can't complain. However when trying to record audio, i have noticed some electrical feedback on playback, but it only takes a few changes in the settings to minimise this.

The headphones feel well built and are very durable, as is the wire.

I would definitely recommend these to a friend if they are looking for a good set of headphones but don't want to break the bank.