on 14 March 2016
Hello this is my review of the “KiwiBird 4000mAh Slim Galaxy S6 Rechargeable Extended Battery Case.”

I received the item packaged really nicely in a plastic box, which ensure the case was kept nice and secure. Taking it out of its box, you are met with the battery case, a micro USB charging cable, an earphone extension lead and a basic user manual.

This case is super convenient. In order to begin using it, you simply have to slip your Galaxy S6 straight into the case, tap the power button on the back on the case and the phone will begin charging, it is that simple! The case it self feel really nice in the hand and looks and feels well constructed. Despite having a large 4000Mah in the battery, the case is still relatively thin and doesn’t add too much bulk. The extra battery in the case can come in really handy when you are out and about and do not have an available mains socket, simply tap the power button and your are able to add an extra 120% in battery life. On the back of the case, there are 4 LED indicators which is really handy because it tells you a rough estimate of how much battery life is left in the case. When you have used up all the battery, simply plug it into the included micro USB cable and it will start charging. When the case is fully charged, your phone will begin to charge.

Overall, I am really happy with this case and couldn't recommend it highly enough to any Galaxy S6 user!

Please see attached images of case. If you have found this review helpful, please let me know by hitting the “helpful” button!
review image review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 September 2015
The contents of the package includes the case, a headphone jack adapter, a micro USB cable, and finally a user manual. The headphones jack adapter allows you to use the headphone jack socket on your device and it works perfectly. The extender cable shows that Kiwibird really think about the usability of their products. The reason they have included a micro USB cable is because the case requires a micro USB cable to charge it. I know this may be inconvenient for you but the inconvenience is worth it.

The case itself is made of a matte, in my case black, material that is smooth to the touch. Personally, I am very fond of matte cases and this case is at the top of my quality list. This case screams out quality when holding it helping it feel like a premium product. The feature that differentiates this case from others is that it is not prone to fingerprints. Typically, matte finish products are prone to fingerprints so this is really good to see on this case.

The capacity of this case is 4000 mAh which can charge your phone approximately twice to 100%. This should be more than enough power to last you a day of heavy use. Without the case, my phone would just survive a full battery after a day of moderate use. With this case, my phone could last more than a day of heavy use. As I travel a lot using public transport, this case is really convenient for me as I like to either play games or watch videos to pass the time during my travels.

As for the size of the case, this case does not add as much bulk as I anticipated it to be. After using the case for a while, the additional bulk is tolerable. You basically sacrifice the size of the phone for the capacity of the battery. I think that is worth the sacrifice. Within 2 hours of charging the case, it was 100% charged. A feature I like that Kiwibird have included is that they have a light indicator for the battery percentage. Basically, each LED light corresponds to 25% hence why there is 4 lights. This is very convenient when using it throughout the day.
All the buttons are accessible and work fine whilst the case is on. The 3G, 4G and Wifi signal was not affected while the case was fitted.

Overall, this product has my utmost respect for both its practicality as well as the quality is cries out in regards to the look and feel of the product. I would definitely recommend this to all Samsung S6 users. Props to Kiwibird for creating such a great product.
on 2 January 2015
I bought this item for my wife who is constantly using her phone for Facebook, Internet and various other apps. Anyway the upshot is that her phone never lasted a day without having to charge it at least once. This item was a gift for Christmas she opened it and attached it to her phone, unfortunately it wouldn't chrage, on inspection there was a loose battery pin connector on the item. wether this was like it from new or had been done on installation I do not know (I think I have an idea...) Anyway I contacted Kiwi Bird and explained the situation, and they were fantastic, I had a replacement item the following day with absoloutely no quibbling whatsoever. My wifes phone is now going 2 days without needing a charge- Absoloutely fantastic item and Unparalleled service from Kiwi Bird 100% recommendation.
on 29 March 2016
This is my first battery case and I love it. I always thought about getting one but they just look so thick on your phone. But I had the opportunity to get this case at a discount rate for a review and it is incredible! It does not add no more thickness than any other case and it keeps my phone going all day with constant use. I just leave the case on my phone and plug the cord that came with it into the case every night and it charges both the case and my phone so the next day I have double the life. (It's Awesome !!!!)

For the body of the case it seems well-made nice and sturdy , easy to hold , soft and smooth to the touch, the volume and power button stick out a little bit so they are easy to push and locate with your fingers (actually easier to use with the case) . The power button for the case itself is nice and smooth and easy to push . (But not to easy - like if you bump it in your purse or pocket it's not going to accidentally come on or nothing) The blue charging LED lights are nice that way you can see when it's working . Also the speakers are redirected from the bottom of the phone to the front of the phone which I love ! You do not loose any sound quality it actually seems to improve the sound quality a little and your not covering up the sound with your fingers all the time.

This case is really easy to put on, you just slide your phone down into the case like you're sliding it into a dock and then you just clip the from on .
This case is awesome ! I am so glad I got to review this case for a discount because it has became one of my favourite cases so far and I use a lot of cases because I am an accessory addict !

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.
on 16 January 2015
This is going to make your phone about twice as thick and a little heavier, but no so much as it is brick like. It's a trade off that I'm happy with as I have to do long 18 hour days sometimes, and can use my phone a lot. It was a struggle to get a day out of a charge and as I was on the move it's not always convenient to stop and charge up.

The battery that comes with this pack goes in your phones battery slot and the then the normal battery is inserted or stacked on top of it. The replacement back that comes with this is thick enough to accommodate this. When I first got this I deliberately stressed this to see how good it was.

I turned on, and left on, Data, WiFi, NFC, GPS, Bluetooth and watched over 4 hours of HD video as well as using the internet quite a bit. With double the battery capacity the phone was fine for a days hard use. In normal use you shouldn't have a problem in getting over a days use and a lot of people will be able to get two days use, if not a bit more, from this set up. That's unusual in smartphone terms for these days.

Some have complained that the finish is a little plastic and doesn't look great. It is plastic but I think it looks clean and simple without looking cheap. I would recommend this for those that use their phone hard or may not be able to charge for a few days.
on 28 May 2014
I have to say, I am really impressed with the performance of my KiwiBird power case for my Samsung S4. I needed the additional power, as my Gear Smartwatch was taking a little too much battery, so needed the additional juice. The KiwiBird arrived promptly, was easy to install and has lived up to my expectations. So far my battery has never fallen below 30% despite running my Gear Smartwatch and making numerous calls. Really happy with the product and happy to recommend.
on 16 September 2014
Does what I want it to do - it allows me to use my phone all day on a full day - typically when away from a desk or easy charging. In the past week, it has seen me through some heavy use in Germany, Austria and on the golf course. I can get 2 days from it at a push, having seen a normal day use less than 40%, including the 10% of immediate loss the S4 seems to have on unplugging it.

There's a bit of fiddling to get the battery into the holder, and the case doesn't always click right into place, but I find it a lot easier to use than the external battery pack that preceded it.

It doesn't even feel that big once you get used to it - and the phone doesn't get as hot as it did before I used it. My only real issue now is that it doesn't fit in my equally excellent Brodit mount in the car!
on 28 May 2015
My son bought this charging cover for his phone after going on a bus trip with school to Alton Towers. His phone ran out of battery on the way back home and he was so annoyed that he couldn't contact us on his own phone and had to use a friends, that he decided to buy this case after seeing a friend with one.
After its arrival he easily fitted it himself. It is basically a battery which fits into the battery compartment and the original battery then fits into it. The phone cover then fits over the phone back as normal. He then charged his phone with a fast charger for a few hours to gain 100% charge.
Other than the fact that the phone is slightly bulkier he is absolutely delighted and the next time he goes on a school trip he won't have to worry about his phone battery running out too soon.
on 8 November 2015
I have bought the battery case to avoid using external power banks
and the limitation a connected cable brings.
Yes its bigger and fatter, but it does what it promises better than imagined.
The biggest benefit for me was that, if you leave it always charging,
your phone is always to 100 % until the external battery dies.
This happens thanks to the output of DC 5V/1.6A.
Otherwise the battery would not have the time to charge,
it would simply empty before reaching 100%.
When traveling, I use my phone with 4G and GPS always on and record 4K videos.
For such a heavy use, it managed to give me 10 hours.
Just take care to open slowly because the lower part of the case might break.
I have also uploaded a small presentation video at https://youtu.be/YRrBhQ496B0
on 10 May 2016
I am extremely impressed with the charger case! I was in dire need of a charger case and I've scoured the internet for the perfect one and I managed to come across this and I am grateful I have.

I have seen reviews saying how it adds bulk but, I think it does the job well, it fits the phone and protects it.

It comes in a nice little package and has a guide to help you use the case with some information regarding it. It also has a Micro USB cable for extra convenience.

I recommend that if you deciding what case to buy, this is an essential must-buy!