5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully well acted and funny
This has been the viewing event of the week for the last couple of months, the partnership of the deadpan Baynton and the frenetic Corden being a very happy one. Some great one-liners and the physical comedy is accentuated by the differing statures of the hapless pair. There's enough light and dark to this show to appeal to a wide audience.

Little references to...
Published 19 months ago by Skeadugenga

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but went off the rails
The series started brilliantly, but soon became overly complex and contrived. Although it is enjoyable, the last couple of episodes dragged because they became more and more far fetched, and towards the end I found myself wanting to skip sections just to end it all! A great shame, as it was a fantastic start.
Published 12 months ago by H. Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully well acted and funny, 30 Oct. 2013
Skeadugenga (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)

Little references to great films and television shows are there to be spotted - I'm hoping that someone will list them all so that I can see how many I got. A good story and a satisfying ending with enough left open for the possibility of a second series.

Loved it.

Regarding the DVD release, there are disappointingly few extras. An audio commentary and a short "behind the scenes" feature reusing some promotional material. That's it. There was so much else that could have been included - for example Noel's video diaries. And I think outtakes should be a mandatory part of any DVD release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy served with such a dead-pan delivery, is a truly wonderful experience, 25 Oct. 2013
Mr. Nicholas J. Williams "musicfiendcouk" (leicestershire, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Have been watching BBC2's latest comedy serving and as one reviewer has said already said "one of the greatest English comedy's ever made". Although this may be hamming this up ever so slightly, it certainly is a comedy made with direction and chemistry and will keep you on your toes from the outset.

James Cordon and Matthew Baynton really are a duo to watch and one for which the future holds a glittering prize. I've watched the penultimate episode and am now eagerly awaiting the finale, I was always told never to wish my life away, but Tuesday can't come to soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Unique Comedy in Years!, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this comedy, but within minutes I knew this would be an exceptionally brilliant programme and I was right. The very special thing about this programme is that the serious plot lines could make up series on it's own and be half decent (the same for the comedy elements), but both combined created something so brilliant I hope they make an even better second series (if they decide to). I won't go into detail about the plot as I'm sure somebody else will do that, but I highly reccommend that you buy this dvd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but went off the rails, 29 May 2014
H. Haynes - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A comedy thriller with more than a nod to Hitchcock, 21 Dec. 2014
Alan Jones (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is an inspired comedy thriller starring Mathew Baynton & James Corden, a "scrawny hobbit and a male Clare Balding" working as a petty bureaucrat and a mail distribution assistant in the offices of Berkshire County Council. An unexpected incident gives them an opportunity to temporarily escape their mundane lives by endeavouring to rescue a kidnapped woman. Although the gormless Baynton has his doubts, the fantasist Corden convinces him that this is their time to "roll deep" because "stuff like this never happen to people like us". Inevitably they soon find that they are totally out of their depth. The plotting is Hitchcockian as our protagonists stumble from one crisis to another, encountering murder, blackmail, ruthless corrupt businessmen with Chinese and Russian connections, spooks from MI5 and discovering that the beautiful blonde woman they are trying to rescue may not be as vulnerable as they think. A genuinely funny programme and I look forward to watching the second series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, 19 Nov. 2013
IMP (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this based on the reviews I read on Amazon, and to be honest, it's good, but not great.

The first 3 episodes are definitely better than the last 3 as I found myself slowly wanting it to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later. I wasn't laughing as much as I was in the first 3 episodes, and my wife completely lost interest around about the fourth episode.

It is funny, but in my opinion it is just a bit overlong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 May 2015
Brilliant...loved every episode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series! Top production value., 10 July 2014
Christopher Parr (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this series. James Corden is great. The production quality was ace - it felt like watching a movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
Mrs. Margarete Holden "M Holden" (Melbourne Australia) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed the show drama as well as funny at the same time hope they do another season

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff., 19 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
As of the time of this writing, the series hasn't finished broadcast. However, given the concept and the execution so far, I have no doubt that it will be well worth buying. The whole joke here is that the two main protagonists are hopeless/humorous, while everything else is taken seriously. It's executed really well, and it is the funniest thing I've seen with James Corden associated.

The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD]
The Wrong Mans - Series 1 [DVD] by James Corden (DVD - 2013)