5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliantly Funny Outlook on The Meaning of Life
Published 2 months ago by William Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Karl is hilarious
Great DVD Karl is so funny if you like him and an idiot abroad you will love this. Shame about the last episode not working there was probably a scratch or something if I were you I would maybe try a diffident seller.
Published 7 months ago by Alice Nash

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliantly Funny Outlook on The Meaning of Life, 12 Oct 2014
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is superb comedy. Karl's vaguely melancholy, pessimistic, and dour outlook on life, in combination with his lugubrious, hang dog expression, is a recipe for hilarity. He travels the world, meeting all sorts of weird and wonderful folk, and gives us his perspective on some important issues. What is a vocation? Does money make you happy? Should you eat sushi off a woman's breasts? Should you pay £17,000 for a watch? Do you need a job to be happy? He visits locations such as South Africa, the U.S.A. and India, and gets involved in jobs including modelling, selling fish, and domestic cleaning.
I feared that Karl might not be able to carry a show, without support from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, but I was completely wrong. I laughed very hard watching this show. Karl's philosophy on life might be outwardly simplistic, but as I was watching this, I couldn't help but agree with his assessment of many things, albeit sometimes for different reasons. If you're in need of some belly laughs, I can highly recommend this show. And if you enjoy this show, I suggest that have a listen to the Ricky Gervais Show on Audiobooks, where Karl features alongside Stephen Merchant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. K. Dilkington's best work, 16 Nov 2013
Karl Pilkington is a genius. He is my favourite person in the public eye ( I would say celebrity, but I just don't see him as one, he's far more human than celebrities). At first I was a little dubious that he was doing a series without Gervais and Merchant and worried it wouldn't be that funny, but I can't tell you how pleased I was when just 5 minutes after watching the first episode when I discovered I was wrong. This is the funniest series with Pilkington in my view and if you even remotely enjoyed the Ricky Gervais Show or The Idiot Abroad series you will absolutely love this series and certainly would not be disappointed. I hope they make a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, even 40th series :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch The Video in the link, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
Just watch the video to the left of the picture of the DVD and that is enough reason in itself to buy the DVD watched all but one episode on SKY so far and its my favourite thing he has done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing better to chase away the winter blues!, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
Karl Pilkington is a loveable boufoon and his reactions are priceless. One of the things that make him so hilarious is the fact I think we can all agree with him on some things the only diffrence being his thought process. This DVD is the perfect cure for those winter blues.

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious and very interesting, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
This is Karl. What he says is right but it is just so funny the way he says it but he doesn't realise how funny he is. I thought this was just going to be Karl sat talking about different things every week. I didn't know that he visited different countries and found out about other cultures. Basically, just buy it and watch it. My only moan would be the price. But then the programmes were done by Sky so what do you expect.

3.0 out of 5 stars Karl is hilarious, 4 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Moaning has never been so funny, 29 July 2014
D. A. Plumb "Brandon Heat" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Moaning has never been so funny. Here Karl looks at birth, weddings, death, money and vocation. He's brilliant because he not only sees things in different ways to other people, we can often agree with him no matter how miserable he puts it. This particular series has no sign of steve merchant or ricky gervais (yay), instead it is introduced by Karl himself. He makes the death episode hilarious. Death- funny?! yes he is that good. If you have never heard of him before then i won't bother giving scenarios from the show, just watch a trailer. This dvd is 5 episodes of about 40 mins each. As per usual there are bits that aren't quite so entertaining, but these are few and far between.

4.0 out of 5 stars Karl without Ricky, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
Karl pilkington is a funny man not as funny as ricky but another dose of idoit abroad is always welcome and after awhile you forget about the loss of ricky and start laughing at karls no stop moaning lol

5.0 out of 5 stars a more plesent experience, 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
This series is good in that Karl is happy for once (for Karl anyway). You can tell he is not as tired and fed up as in idiot abroad 3 and actually able to think things through. He seems to open up a lot more in this one and is more willing to give things a go. Each episode felt more complete in that he wasn't leaving one area or situation to do a crazy task just to wind him up so the episodes had more conginunity. I recon they should have ste an Ricky do the audio commentary on a few episodes I think that would work really well. I hope he does more like this maybe one based on animals coa he seems to have an affinity for them

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational while funny!, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Moaning of Life [DVD] (DVD)
Could not stop laughing at the Death episode! I'm not sick.. It was just so funny! Hope and Look forward to another series!?

The Moaning of Life [DVD]
The Moaning of Life [DVD] by Karl Pilkington (DVD - 2013)