5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Insight on a Traditional Model
I was lucky enough to assist on one of Andy Smith's courses many years back. Since then I've recommend his courses and books and have even used his material on some of my own courses. What constantly impresses me about Andy is that he often takes what I would consider an old, tried and tested idea and breathes new life in to it.

He has done this with the SCORE...
Published 10 months ago by Rintu Basu "Author - Persu...

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking
Not sure what I was expecting for the money but feel underwhelmed by the content and got through all of it in a matter of minutes.
Published 8 months ago by sr

4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: How To Work With The SCORE Model (Practical Coaching Guides Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I found it extremely clear and very helpful....it has alway been a favourite model of mine for clients and I really appreciate greater clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Insight on a Traditional Model, 3 Nov 2013

He has done this with the SCORE model. I had seen and dismissed SCORE as a coaching model several years ago. I considered it just a variation of a theme with nothing particularly new to add to the models and concepts I already had.

Then I read Andy's book. I only read it because I know him but I am really glad that I did. His short little book has made me reassess my ideas of the SCORE model and brought up some ideas that I had not considered.

Not only did Andy give me some ideas around the basic model that I have not met before he also talks in depth about how to use SCORE in a variety of contexts. He actually had my fired up enough about the model to use it with a coaching client recently.

If you are a coach, trainer or are just in to personal development there is something in this SCORE model that is worth thinking about. If like me you had dismissed it as nothing new dressed up you can trust me in that Andy does bring out nuances in the model that make it worth looking at in its own right. I've certainly gained an insight or two as well another tool to play with both in individual and group settings. And my client has benefited from the new insights to the point where I want to explore this model some more. That is pretty good turn round for a model I had dismissed years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great contribution by Andy, 22 Oct 2013
Andy's done it again - he's produced a little gem of an ebook that brings to the wider forum an invaluable technique.

As is Andy's style - it is written in a format that is well laid out and easy to follow with application for individuals and teams outlined. A magical addition is the application to appreciative inquiry demonstrating how versatile this model is.

As a trainer and coach using NLP and Appreciative Inquiry, I really appreciate the simplicity and depth of the SCORE model to explore and move forward in a productive and creative way.

Thanks Andy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Coaching Tool, 14 Oct 2013
An excellent framework to use with your coaching client, particularly if they are 'stuck'. There are useful examples given that enable the reader to understand how to use SCORE effectively with individuals and groups. If you are a trainer reading this, then Andy provides some activities for you to try within your session. I great little book, that has added value to my own coaching practice. Thank you Andy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent exposition of the SCORE with interesting variations, 14 Oct 2013
Andy Smith's products are always worth a look as he not only elaborates the material clearly but adds additional insights and possibilities from many years of experience in working with individuals and organisations. As an NLP Trainer, Coach and Consultant I always find something new in his writing.

Andy's brief eBook on the SCORE Model is no exception. Andy notes that many people trained even to a high level in NLP will not have encountered this model, and that's a crying shame as it is so useful and flexible.

The late change agent, David Grove, noted that client's often come to therapy (and teams, I am sure he would have agreed, come to a Coach or Consultant) with a mass of undifferentiated information. This is often why they are 'stuck' - or at the very least unable to become 'un-stuck'. The SCORE model provides the skilled NLP Practitioner with an excellent framework for understanding the current problem state, a perception of the solution, the likely consequences of the solution outcome (permitting both an exploration of ecology issues and, hopefully, greater motivation) and the creation of a palette of Resources to be used in moving towards the outcome.

Andy explores different ways of using physical space to track through the SCORE process and looks at how this can be enhanced by different arrangements and how these sit with classic Timeline orientations.

Particularly pleasing is Andy's combination of the SCORE model with aspects of Appreciative Enquiry and Solution-focused approaches. Rather than going with the conventional concept of 'S' for Symptoms, Andy suggests that a better 'S' might be Situation. This still encourages participants to explore the status quo but without necessarily pathologising it as a Problem with Symptoms. In group settings, in particular, this reduces the likelihood of blame games and what Andy refers to as "whinge fests". The more positive states that are created through this approach are more conducive to problem solving. Furthermore, by talking about the current 'Situation' it is possible to sift for achievement, positives etc to be celebrated. Andy offers a number of classic Solution-focused questions to be incorporated to support this focus on the positive.

All-in-all this is a little gem of a book and I recommend it to anyone who wishes to increase their effectiveness in using the SCORE model in both individual and group settings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, clear, concise and coherent!, 4 Jan 2014
still searching (MK UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent, succinct review of the SCORE model for active problem solving which can be used in coaching situations, with groups or individuals, whether the coach is an NLP practitioner or not. Andy Smith's products are always no-nonsense and straight to the point and all the better for that - no useless padding to increase the number of pages, so it can comfortably be read in one sitting.

Highly recommended and a 'snip' at the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking, 18 Jan 2014