5.0 out of 5 stars Quality production!
Published 2 months ago by Helen Kelley

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor compared to 1st series
Disappointing. First series was elegantly written, with 3 dimensional characters, and plot motivated. 2nd series became more of a pot-boiler with little of the finesse or depth of first series. True, the visuals were impressive and actors did the best they could with the script, however the unlikely character developments, contrived/predictable "dramatic"...
Published 8 months ago by Robert J Goodsell

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality production!, 20 Jun 2014
Helen Kelley (Pleasantville, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Being an Anglophile I was attracted to this series after watching Season 1 on Netflix. It was sad to discover that there would not be a Season 3. Production quality was excellent. I enjoyed the character development of the main characters, as well as costumes and sets. Great Britain produces many high quality programs, and this is definitely one of them. Victorian period dramas afford us an opportunity to escape into yesteryear. We see in this series how a country girl (Denise) arrives in town expecting to work in her uncle's haberdashery shop, only to find that things are currently not in the best financial shape because of competition from a large department store directly across the street. Reminds me of what happened when Walmart came into town--so many small businesses eventually closed.

This main female character (Denise - heroine) takes a job in this large department store, where the storyline really begins to develop. Her abilities attracts the owner (Moray - the hero), and we see how Denise progresses in her job responsibilities, as well as the development of her relationships with other employees at the store,. Two of the supporting characters Arthur & Sam provide humor to the story line. We also see the character Kathryn (the protagonist) who provides the grist between Moray, Denise & herself. Kathryn is pushing to marry Moray, even though what we see developing is the growing affection between Denise and Moray. There is a nice flow of emotional experiences to hold your interest. Loved this series even though I knew that there would not be a Season 3. I've ordered what was produced, and have delighted in what I experienced while watching this program.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is addictive!!, 17 May 2014
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
I start watching the first 3 chapters in the Israeli TV, and couldn't wait to see them all; and as I didn't know if they will immediately broadcast the 2nd season, I decided to buy it at Amazon and I am so happy I did!!
I received it after very short time, earlier than I was informed and expected, which made me very happy!
I couldn't stop watching the DVDs! I stay awake until 07:00 am until finishing watching both seasons!
I fell in love with Denise and Moray.
I wish they continued with at least one more series.
I highly recommend both series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 11 Dec 2013
S. Green "Silvy" (florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
If you missed this series when it was televised this is a 'must see' but be warned....you will become addicted to wanting to watch the entire set in one sitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a store!!!, 25 July 2014
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
This series is far better than I expected and quite interesting. I noted that it was from an original by Emile Zola so I have searched his books for my kindle.
Only one little conundrum - where was it set as we had a real mixture of geordie, scottish, miss audrey upper class, and definite few yorkshire accents so a real mix there but the acting is good and the storylines are fairly believable. Well done - never saw it on BBC.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD], 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
My wife and I are huge fans of the series. A great gift for recapturing the joy of watching again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a wonderful production, the acting superb, 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
This was a wonderful production, the acting superb. I was completely engrossed in it and lost when it ended. I would have liked it to continue a bit longer to see how Denise progressed with her shop and the continuing romance between Moray and Denise. Here's hoping for a further series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday gift, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as a birthday gift for a friend in France who loves English period dramas. Found it so compelling she had to watch both series within the week!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best period drama series ever, 15 Jun 2014
D. Bedford "debs" (northants, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Watched both series on tv and just had to buy the box set for my sister as I loved it so much and she not seen it yet. If you love Downton Abbey and Mr Selfridge you will simply adore this drama .....the chemistry between the shop owner who is quite handsome and the ambitious pretty shop girl is so tense you are just willing them to get together....do they .....don't they.....just go watch it...great performances from other cast members too including the head of ladies wear played by the brilliant Sarah Lancashire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable family entertainment, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
We had seen the first episodes so were looking forward to a revisit and a new journey. We were not disappointed.Excellent service arrived in good time and in mint condition
Robin

The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD]
The Paradise - Series 1-2 Box Set [DVD] by Emun Elliott (DVD - 2013)
12.30