5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I bought it earlier ?
Hence , the cover and the title "Northern Boys" was not much of a motivation to buy this compilation , however I am buying almost any new "northern soul" cd ..
Published 5 months ago by Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says on the tin
It's ok, but it's not what I had expected.

Maybe I went to the wrong clubs, although they all had plenty of talc on the dance floor, but they are hardly Northern classics
Published 5 months ago by R J M

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says on the tin, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Northern Boys: Classics Gems & Treasures From Talcum-Coated Dancefloor (Audio CD)
It's ok, but it's not what I had expected.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned - this is not what it appears..., 17 Oct 2013
katie frank (london england) - See all my reviews
I was under the impression this was a Northen Soul album with tracks I didn't have by the likes of Major Lance, Joe Simon etc.

It isn't. It's a collection of late fifties /very early sixties R 'n B sides.

The connection with Northern soul is tenuous, to say the least...

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I bought it earlier ?, 29 Oct 2013
But what a nice surprise ! Even quite a few of the tracks I do have already whether on vinyl or cd , this cd made me discover a few new tracks and what 's more important … most of the tracks are not filed only under "northern soul" but also under "belgium popcorn" and quite a few discoveries here , all real fine tunes though this appreciation is personal . A few R&R tracks cannot get me down , my cd players have the magic "pitch control" once a magic for the vinyl turntables playing popcorn , now same effect on a cd …
Definitely a fine purchase , I do need to check this label cause this release cannot be a one of a time compilation , some similar releases must follow , just try a cover that is more convincing for northern & popcorn lovers . This one (so sorry , but my opinion) looked like it was a cover band .. But for sure I am going to investigate this label cause it's promising !
And in case you shouldn't know what Belgium Popcorn is , check Wikipedia PLSE , but do not start chasing for vinyl , you are rising the price for me as well …. :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Northern Soul CD, 27 Jan 2014
A few great tracks I wanted, but the rest I would not consider to be Northern Soul a bit disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories., 22 Nov 2013
Took me back to the dancefloor. Excellent track choices . Certainly worth buying for any soul collection especially if you lived through this period.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad cd but there are better, 11 Nov 2013
Some good track on this cd. With a few that are not often played in the clubs but enjoyable any time

ARRAY(0x9ebd6ba0)