on 9 December 2013
It swerves back and forward over the line of self parody and is very easy to lampoon with some hilarious lyrics - "Freshen the flowers woman" being my favourite clanger(I'm sure the Mighty Boosh know the Clock's back catalogue intimately) but ultimately the highlights are just wonderful. Life affirming, soft psych gems laced with brilliant sonic layers including some great stinging acid rock lead work from future Lynyrd Skynyrd member Ed King to ensure that it does not become too soft centred. I love this band. Sadly, music this innocent and untainted will probably never be made again.
on 14 December 2013
I have always been slightly luke-warm about the Strawberry Alarm Clock. They struck me as being a little too on the easy listening side of things to really cut it. I have to say that this release has caused me to re-think my position.

The sound on this disc is superb. I had a compilation of SAC on another cd and this blows it away for clarity. And when the sound is this good all of the layers in the music come through. It is incredibly beautiful to hear. The harmonies (5 part) are superb. The musicianship is top quality and the tunes shine.

There is no doubt that SAC are on the mellow side of psychedelia (veering towards the Association at times) but even so they have a kind of hallucinatory beauty that elevates them above many other pretenders.

This disc is pretty much definitive.
on 5 January 2014
I got to hear this band on sound of the 60s on radio 2 so thought i would investigate
further. Id heard incense and peppermints before so i went for this cd . Even though it
does sound a bit twee in places it still holds up remarkibly well musically and vocally.
Nice harmonies and jazzy grooves
on 1 February 2014
Being a big Strawberry Alarm Clock fan I was keen to get this digitally remastered twin disc of their original first two albums, and not disappointed. Brilliant, unique songs and great sound quality too. Plus a booklet history of the band, perfect. Psychedelic heaven.
on 20 September 2014