4.0 out of 5 stars Very good album!
Having never really taken an interest in the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge albums before, I picked up this latest in the series after noticing what a strong lineup of artists was on it.

Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as easy listening as 2012's
Had high expectations for 2013's live lounge but when compared with 2012's it didn't quite live up to expectations. Some great songs on here but simply in my opinion no where near as good as last years.
Published 13 months ago by amazonian

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good album!, 2 Nov 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)

I was very impressed, and intend to buy the previous compilations. It's a great idea to include the biggest hit singles of the year, but giving them a unique touch, either presenting them as cover versions by fellow chart acts, or unique performances from the original artist. This makes this series of compilation very different from the rest, and actually offers something new and exclusive.

There is so much good music for everyone to enjoy here, it was great to hear a completely different version of 'Pompeii' by Bastille, a cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble' by Tom Odell, who gives his own instantly recognisable style to the original upbeat track, and Gabrielle Aplin sings 'Best Song Ever' (not a song I would normally play, nor the band) really beautifully. There are also songs from most of my favourite artists: Jake Bugg, Kodaline, Imagine Dragons, Ben Howard, Mumford & Sons, Arctic Monkeys and Vampire Weekend - a who's who of truly talent musicians on the music scene today --- fantastic!!

'BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge 2013' is my hands-down highlight of the year in terms of compilations. Why only four stars then? Well, I could have done without the likes of Little Mix (not my taste at all) and several others - but then again, many people will of course love their contributions - and so there is something for everyone. Buy it!

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst live lounge album give it a miss, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)
Hate it of all the live lounge albums think they picked them out of a hat.
only 4 decent songs to slow not enough covers for me

2.0 out of 5 stars covers not as good as originals, 26 Nov 2013
The advert has done a good job of selling a poor album. You would be better off just downloading the songs on the advert that you like because the rest are rubbish.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as easy listening as 2012's, 20 Nov 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly dissapointing, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)
Don't get me wrong, some are amazing! Hold on We're Going Home, (brilliant) Best Song Ever, (amazing) Summertime Sadness (the original is fantastic, but this is just shockingly beautiful) and Tessellate (couldn't stand the original, trust Mumford to make it listenable), but I could do without Robin Thicke, Little Mix, and Vampire Weekend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough covers, 26 Nov 2013
Would be better if the bbc included more of the live covers of other artists songs that makes the live lounge unique

4.0 out of 5 stars Good old Radio 1!, 30 Oct 2013
Andrew (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)
I do like these Radio 1 Live Lounges for various reasons, and this latest offering hits the spot just like the others. In these days of Spotify, Napster etc when you can download and stream any song going, this type of CD comes in to its own with its unique version of well-known songs and its exposure of music icons (and others, even X Factor finalists!) as proper songsters. Equally, the fact that I can enjoy a Radio 1 product makes me feel younger than I like to remember that I really am. There is a touch of Radio 2 about some of the tracks, which is not an insult, or perhaps 6 Music lite. That is the strength of this CD, as many of the tracks can be appreciated both my me and my 12 year-old daughter. Clearly, everyone has their own taste but for the most part the tracks on this CD bridge the gap across a variety of genres, although the penultimate track 'Wild for the Night' seems wildly out of place - more of a Radio 1 Extra Plus Plus Plus track in my view. As an aside, having purchased one or two CDs from Amazon recently I wish I knew what the criteria is for enabling the customer to auto-rip the CD being purchased. This one did not have this facility when I bought it, although I notice that it is available now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pants!, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)
Very disappointing! Bought this for my husband at Christmas as we've bought everyone so far but this one isn't good! Wouldn't bother buying it this time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Live Lounge Let Down, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 (Audio CD)
It hasn't grabbed me yet. There are too many new bands that I haven't heard of yet so I need to listen to it a few more times to decide if I like it. It's not as good as previous years of this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!, 5 Dec 2013
Even better than 2012, some sublime covers and 'anything could happen' is a must listen, again and again! Treat yourself.

Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013
Bbc Radio 1'S Live Lounge 2013 by Various (Audio CD - 2013)