on 31 October 2013
I love the Edna Davies mysteries I have read them all,

the stories are good and the characters and the animals are great.

I can recommend them to anyone who enjoys a cosy read

I look forward to the next book.
on 11 December 2013
I was looking for a festive read but not too schmaltzy and this certainly fits the bill. Edna Davies is a likeable main character and the story gathers pace nicely with a well thought out storyline.

I tend to skim through a lot of books due to boredom but this held my interest and I will look for other books starring Edna.
on 13 October 2013
I enjoyed this book very much it really kept me interested - this book is the third book I have read by this author
on 15 November 2013
Excellent read, enjoyed it very much. Took me a while to get into it but after that could not put it down.
on 19 January 2014
Another great Edna Davies mystery - I love them always great plot well rounded characters and I look forward to my bed time reading
on 24 September 2014
Not as enjoyable as I had hoped from the blurb. I found the main character irritating, and didn't really ever feel engaged with what was happening to her ( other than feeling increasingly irritated that the entire happiness of her whole family at Christmas apparently rested solely on her shoulders ).
on 19 December 2014
Have read all four Edna Davies Mysteries now and like them all - just not too keen on her husband, Albert. We have seen very little of him, but I hope he stops being such a bossy boots. Looking forward to reading more.
on 28 January 2014
I chose this rating because, this book at times became slow to get to the point,however it was a good story. This became a relaxing story just before getting of to sleep.
on 15 May 2014
This book as part of a series is very easy to read not to complicated but has a good story line with twists and turns which make you want to keep reading
on 8 January 2014
A nice gentle book of that genre of American fiction which involves a housewife who combines cooking and competent housework with crime and detection.