Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 12 May 2015
Have had this album in my car on repeat for weeks and I haven't even begun to get tired of it. I loved Deaf Havana's last album but this really is a step up. Easily one of my favourite albums... from any band.

Not only are the songs great in themselves, but the lyrics are such masterpieces that you can't help but be caught up in them. Not enough bands focus on the quality of lyrics nowadays, but with Deaf Havana you really feel the meaning behind them.

Personally, Night Drives is not only my favourite song on the album, but my second favourite DH song of all time (Hunstanton Pier still reigns supreme. "In my heeaaart and in myyy soouuulll....")

So in other words, if you love Deaf Havana, you will love this album... and you can't help but love Deaf Havana.. so really you can't help but love this album.
on 17 September 2013
This album is, in my opinion, another success for the British band. While at the moment I still prefer 'Fools and worthless liars', Old souls definitely has some exceptional tracks and has been enjoyed upon every listen while it has been on repeat since it was purchased. Looking forward to seeing the tracks performed live in October.
on 16 September 2013
make no mistake, this is a good album with some really good songs, the band are clearly a talented lot and the 2 new guys that have joined the band since the last album have added a new dimension, it's well worth a listen thats for sure

BUT

this is a band that was looking like the next big thing, four young lads who were making powerful choruses, meaningful lyrics and some amazing acoustic versions of their songs to boot. I was hoping this would be the album that would make them, where they would step forward into the mainstream light without losing what made them establish such a strong core fanbase. It didnt happen, despite some great songs on the album (Everybody's Dancing and I Want To Die/Night Drives) it is, in my opinion, just about level with FAWL's.

A great album no doubt, but not quite the follow-up album a lot were expecting
on 31 October 2013
I've been listening to Deaf Havana for a long time and, admittedly, my interest began to slowly wane shortly after the departure of Ryan Mellor. A friend got me to listen to Old Souls the week of its release and I'm so, so glad I did. It's not like their old material and that's fine - they'd be a boring band if they were just replicating their previous music. I think a part of me actually prefers this sound. I've listened to this album back-to-front numerous times. In fact, I'm doing that right now. Buy it. It's so worth it.
on 14 February 2014
It is a great album, but it kind of gives the impression that they don't really know where they want to go as a band. They are closer to the well-polished pop chart bands than they ever have been before, but it's still a great sound and I'm excited to be going to see them in April!
on 2 January 2015
Great band, great music - James' voice and lyrics are haunting and make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. However, DH aren't just about James - all the band are phenomenal musicians and you can tell in the tightness of their sound how well they work together.
on 19 November 2013
This is a fantastic album from a British band who've worked hard to get where they are today. The DVD is an insightful view into the bands past and present. The CD has 12 outstanding tunes on it, if you like pop rock, give this album a chance!
on 22 March 2014
My introduction to this band and I wasn't disappointed. Good, catchy tunes that will have you constantly listening to this album. Only one mediocre track, Padro Pio, otherwise I'd have given it 5 stars. Enjoy it !!
on 8 September 2014
awesome toonage - though one cant help thinking that for a band so young they aren't half fighting their demons.... ah rock'n'roll.... die young die pretty (from an old rocker who is neither dead nor pretty)
on 19 December 2014
What can I say but simply mind blowing the best record I've every had the please if listening. It has kept me grounded for the past year and I love the band and how must honesty the produce in the music