5.0 out of 5 stars Even the kids loved them
These are actually pretty tasty for a high bran cereal. Quite sweet tasting. And a nice crunch, although it doesnt last too long once the milk is added. My kids love them, which is a brilliant way of getting something healthy into them other than the normal sugary rubbish that's pushed at kids for breakfast!
Published 16 months ago by Syd

3.0 out of 5 stars Rush
Published 17 months ago by Persona Synthetic

5.0 out of 5 stars Even the kids loved them, 18 Feb. 2014
Syd (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars High Fibre Breakfast Favourite., 29 Dec. 2013
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This has become my favourite breakfast "staple" over the last few years and I get through a packet or two every week - so you can be sure that for me, it's certainly a top recommendation. I have found that if I don't get enough fibre in my diet, then I get cramps, indigestion etc. and generally feel unwell. If however, I start the day with a high fibre cereal like this one, then I feel fine.

However, most high fibre cereals that I have tried are generally unpleasant to eat - like soggy cardboard! But Crunchy Bran is crisp and although slightly bland, is certainly not a chore to eat, like some. It is quite enjoyable as it is, with some milk and as such is a fairly low calorie breakfast. For variety, I tend to mix it with muesli and fruit - Alpen raspberry gives both of these and works very well for me. The other way is to add dried fruit, currants, raisins etc.

I must say though that I have really come to enjoy this cereal as a daily breakfast "must" and if this was discontinued, I wouldn't know what to do without it - I'm hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Way Of Getting Your Fibre, 13 Feb. 2015
John W. Edelman (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this Weetabix product. The cereal stays crispy in the bowl even after it's been covered with milk (Almond or Soya, please- this is a cow friendly zone) and has a delicious, rich, malty taste that isn't too sweet or to plain, it's right in the goldilocks zone.
High Fibre, tasty and good for you. I'm off to buy a pack for the weekend. Yum!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical bran cereal, 21 Jun. 2014
Ray Blake (Hemel Hempstead, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Bran cereal can often taste like over-sweetened cardboard, but there is a combination here of good taste and texture, the latter holding up very well indeed to the addition of milk. Well worth a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, 7 Jun. 2014
J. Lewis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weetabix Crunchy Bran 375 g (Pack of 9) (Grocery)
I love this cereal but it usually retails for around £2.70 a box in the supermarket. To get nine boxes delivered for just over a £1 each is incredible value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breakfast food, 20 Feb. 2014
K. Slater (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A very good product. I enjoyed it and will continue to buy it. Never tasted it before but I will give it a long term try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly healthy and not a bad taste, 10 Feb. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are a fairly mid-ground cereal, in that they aren't massively sweet, but they do taste more sugary than traditional bran flakes. I have found that they hold their shape quite well, without becoming soggy too quickly (which is something that I really dislike in a cereal), so they are fairly good for me in that sense. There is a good amount of fibre in this cereal too and the packet boasts that it is 'low in saturated fat'; 'a good source of folic acid' and 'fortified with vitamins and minerals'. Looking at the ingredients, the vitamins and minerals that are within it are iron, calcium, vitamins B2, B6 and B12 and vitamin D.

I would say that this cereal would be really nice with some added extras, such as blueberries or sultanas. As they are they taste largely like bran flakes and may be a little bland for some people. I tend to prefer fruit and fibre cereals, which contain a little added interest within the box, but I would certainly buy this occassionally as a change of pace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and Filling, 10 Feb. 2014
Sam "kingathon" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This slightly quirky take on the traditional Weetabix is well worth trying if your a fan of the original product. The cereal is crunchy, tasty and filling. Personally I ate it with just milk, but I can imagine that a bit of fruit would add some zing to what is essentially a relatively bland taste.

Like all good cereals though, a bowl of this should see you through to lunchtime with no mid-morning hunger pangs and I would definitely say this cereal is worth a try!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rush, 5 Feb. 2014
Persona Synthetic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I liked the crunchiness of this when consumed with cold milk and i even liked the sogginess of it when warm milk is added but if you like the taste of bran I would look elsewhere as you won't taste it above the sugary sweetness. it tastes nice but then again sugar does that, it gives that kick to the brain. Healthy though? not sure on that one. I'd have to say that this Crunchy Bran is too sweet for me. The sugar kick will certainly wake you up in the morning and keep you buzzing for a few hours.
Three stars, just, because I liked the texture and to a degree the hit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Would I Buy Them Again ? . . ., 28 Jan. 2014
A. Rose (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm often amazed by the products that Amazon sells and this breakfast cereal was delivered promptly and with no squashed box either.

I really enjoyed this cereal and found it even better when I added a dollop of strawberry yoghurt. It has a high fibre content, 20%, a good smattering of all the vitamins and minerals that our bodies need and a sugar content of 14.3%. I find that all manufactured/processed cereals are too sweet and I certainly didn't need to add sugar to this one although it's not on the super sweet scale of Frosties, Coco Pops etc. Some reviewers find it bland - well yes it is, but aren't they all unless you move on to the highly sugared and flavoured ones. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that the 'crunch' turned soggy fairly quickly after adding milk.

Would I buy again? Yes, I certainly would if only my local supermarket stocked it. Sorry Amazon, but I can't possibly find storage in my kitchen for 9 boxes.

Weetabix Crunchy Bran 375 g (Pack of 9)
Used & New from: £42.99