5.0 out of 5 stars THE show.
This tour marked the end of Girls Aloud, and if you ever want to remember how it feels like to be an Alouder, this DVD will remind you.

All their best songs, best performances in one tour.

Updated on Nov 12, 2013.

Published 14 months ago by Shaikha

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst Girls Aloud release ever.
Really sad about this DVD release. After a tour of amazing shows, they are selling us an incomplete show, without any extra features and even without the full original tracklist.
It's really sad to think they're over and that we won't even have the chance to get the last tour of them in full.
The show had so much potencial extra features: "Models" interlude,...
Published 12 months ago by Rafael Lignani

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE show., 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)

All their best songs, best performances in one tour.

Updated on Nov 12, 2013.

To think that this is the last original official product to be released from the girls would have been exceptional turned out to be completely wrong. Their record company have failed us, and proved that they don't care about the fanbase.

Not only is Call Me Maybe excluded (Due to ownership issues), there is no added features to it. No behind the scenes, no complete visuals that was being played behind the girls before or during the performance (Models intro, Life Got Cold, I'll Stand By You, Sexy No! No! No! etc.)

And to think that we're in an era where HD and bluray is the least any typical DVD would be provide.

If the fans that DID go to one of the dates were disappointed with the outcome of this DVD, what is expected from the fans that couldn't make it or international fans should feel?

To think that Polydor would have put a little effort to make this memorable for the fans, or to least try and compensate for the set list not being complete, and fill this DVD with interviews and added special features.

I am one truly let down Alouder. Thank you Polydor.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst Girls Aloud release ever., 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
The show had so much potencial extra features: "Models" interlude, backscreen videos of "Life Got Cold" and "I'll Stand By You", great interviews, the last making off the tour, the videos of "Something New" and "Beautiful Cause You Love Me"... But none of them are on the disc.

We, fans, deserved a really great last release to celebrate those amazing 10 years - but instead of it we had an lazy, awful and poor simple disc, that's almost the same as the one that wast televisioned. And there's more: it was televisioned in HD - but now we got the DVD in a simple disc format, with only 4GB of quality.
Poor, very poor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 14 Oct 2013
Ross A. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
Incredible show but is this coming out on Blu Ray ? The Out Of Control concert in full 1080P and DTS Master Audio was absolutely stunning !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lazy release, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
As a huge girls aloud fan I was disappointed to discover that this DVD was the same poor edit that was rushed out for tv in April earlier this year.

It still has the viva/mtv interview of the he girls talking over the intro of the concert, you can clearly see the empty arena on some on stage shots, some awful slo motion bits, there's no 5.1 audio, no hd option, and yeah, no extras, not even the videos they made for models or life got cold.

Very poor ending to their 10 years. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars a positive turning into a negative, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see girls aloud ten tour at the o2 arena in london. It was a fantastic show, from the visual effects to dance moves. How disappointed am i when i got the dvd today. Its the same edit as to what they showed on viva!! No backstage features and extra bits, they have removed their version of call me maybe and no visual effects as to what they did at the shows!! A really disappointing end to their ten years!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Girls Aloud Ten Tour DVD, 8 Nov 2013
P. GILL (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
I went to both dates of the Ten tour at the LG Arena, Birmingham. The concerts were excellent with great lighting and sound. The dancers and of course Girls Aloud were on top form. Having just watched the DVD it brings back many memories. Nothing in the way of extras on the disc, just a choice between stereo sound or 5.1 surround. Overall, i'd say well worth buying the DVD if you're a GA fan, a much better viewing experience than the screening on Viva.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as, 16 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
Sort of disappointed that this is the same as the show aired on tv.
Love Girls Aloud, but feel a little let down by this..

1.0 out of 5 stars Girls Aloud Ten Tour DVD, 8 Sep 2013
J. Perry (UK) - See all my reviews
Updated 20 Nov 13

I had high expectations of this release as I had been to eight tour dates, including the one when the DVD was filmed.

I can confirm the Girls gave a spellbinding performance that had us all in ecstasy. My favourites were Untouchable and On The Metro from the B stage and BCYLM, ISBU and The Promise were tear jerkers. Call me Maybe was an unexpected and brilliant bonus.

The DVD should have been excellent because of the excellent songs, stunning performances, continual interaction by The Girls with fans and audience participation.

Before release I became disappointed that Call Me Maybe has been excluded from the DVD. I am guessing this is because royalties on the DVD sales could not be agreed with Carly Rae Jepson - disappointing.

Having now received my DVD, I am exceedingly disappointed.

The DVD is only 4.89GB as a consequence of using LQ compressed video and poor sound tracks. Polydor have deliberately saved money by making the DVD fit on just a single layer and as a consequence we get a grainy video.

If you were thinking of 5,1 DTS Master Audio Sound tracks think again. There are two audio streams, one is stereo, and the other is stereo surround sound and NO true 5.1 multichannel.

If you look at the Out Of Control DVD, you will find a DTS audio stream; TenTour does not have this - why not Polydor?

Sorry, rating now cut; this could have been a truly excellent DVD but Polydor have short changed us.

I should comment that there must be fans that want a memory of the tour, whether they went or not, so even this low quality DVD is better than nothing - but WHY did it have to be so BAD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
I was lucky enough to go and see the tour 3 times. I was really looking forward to the dvd release as the shows were amazing.
Unfortunately the dvd is poor quality, missing songs from the set list and considering every other release from previous tours had special features someone decided it wasn't necessary to put any extra features at all.

I hope for all our sakes they end up releasing a special edition version eventually because this is probably the most disappointing concert dvd I have ever purchased.

I read on twitter even Nadine apologised for the dvd and said they had filmed 2 hours behind the scenes footage just of her so where is it all???

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly Disappointed, 25 Nov 2013
Emily Caitlin "Ems" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
When I bought the DVD, the item info said ALL REGIONS. I thought, perfect, I can play it on my region 1 DVD player and MacBook. However, this is not the case now. Amazon has now changed the region to Region 2. Now I have to find an alternative to play the DVD on my MacBook (which I have yet to find). Highly disappointed, as I cannot play the DVD without changing the region on my MacBook, and you only have so many times to change it before it becomes forever locked to a region.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD]
Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013 [DVD] by Girls Aloud (DVD - 2013)