on 8 November 2014
I was put off before reading it about some other feedback about a guy who plans meticulously and uses hand sanitizer all the time - but this is just his character. The book tells an interesting, and eventually harrowing, tale of a first visit to the Philippines. I'd well recommend you read the book - it gives a good indication of how relationships work across many miles. Don't be put off by poor reviews - try it for yourself.
on 15 August 2014
Possibly written for the American market ( majority of Americans don't have a passport) so found some of the observations a little nieve . Enjoyed final chapter.
on 2 December 2013
This is not a book I would choose naturally, It was enlightening since a friend used to have a Phillipino girlfriend and I never could get insight into how she thought until now. The book is well written and has a few twists and is not just a bland Dream Marriage dating sight disaster novel.

It didn't seize me so I had to keep reading but it was interesting,if I was paying for it personally I would not pay more than £3

I was reading it against the background of the hurricane disaster for the country
on 3 December 2013
I didn't like the style of writing at all, it was like it was written by a teenage boy - the writer comes across as a bit stupid and naive. The story leading up to the main event is slow and uneventful and when the 'action' does eventually happen the book suddenly ends. I skipped lots of the pages as it just didn't grip me at all.
on 15 December 2013
Spent the whole time waiting for the story to start. Basically an untraveled American goes abroad, doesn't like it, and goes home. Nothing like the blurb or front cover suggests.