5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Material
I first got into Placebo in early 2001, at the time when 'Special K' was getting a lot of airtime on MTV 2. I'll try not to be biased even though I'm a die-hard fan (I own the limited editions of Black Market Music, Sleeping with Ghosts, Once More with Feeling and Meds; the 10th anniversary edition of the self-titled debut; the redux version of Battle for the Sun; the...
Published 20 months ago by Paulo Piper Segurado

3.0 out of 5 stars Unbiased review by a Placebo obsessive since '96
I've been obsessed with this band since I was a teen back in the 90's. I've seen them live 11 times since '96 and I've even met them a few times over the years. Yet no matter how hard I try I just cannot shake my disappointment with this album. I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because I'm in my early 30's? I don't know but I honestly cannot understand the universal...
Published 19 months ago by StephenMolko

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime - Placebo have come of age!, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
When I placed this album in the CD player for the first time, I have to admit I didn't quite know what to expect. As soon as Brian's distinctive vocals started on track 1, I just knew this album was going to be something special. Some albums has maybe 1 or 2 songs which are worth listening to (the rest being fillers), but I have to say every one on this CD is fantastic! The standout tracks are 'Loud Like Love', 'A Million Pieces' and my absolute favourite being 'Begin The End'. The whole album has a wonderful feel to it, displaying a maturity of sound which is full bodied and completely seductive. 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put Me In The Ground, 19 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
I discovered Placebo on Top of the Pops performing Nancy Boy and have been an addict ever since.
This new album after the earlier tour de force that is B3 EP was met with some trepidation, would Placebo be able to match their previous six albums proper and the answer to this long standing fan is a resounding YES.
Placebo - Latin for: To Please, are my favourite band of all-time they utterly live up to their name, this new album of 10 tracks is like an audio drug, as soon as I've listened to all 10 tracks I feel compelled to hit the play button on my portable CD player again.
Sadly there have been disparaging reviews from people who just don't get this band and would rather, or so it seems to me, be reviewing something less challenging and frankly less well written NME I'm pointing the finger at your female reviewer who wrote some vitriolic nonsense regarding this album, which for my taste beggars belief.

From start to finish this is a tight and compact record, there are no filler tracks, as some so called self proclaimed fans have even stated on this very site.
Sorry, but you need to reassess and quantify, every single track leads into the next with the kind of mature measured knowledge that only a band like Placebo could ever hope to achieve.
Clearly Brian's writing here is influenced by David Bowie's latest album, but I think they may have been influenced by similarly great British bands earlier release this year by Suede in so much that both bands have put out an entire album of love songs, which may be coincidence, but even so is a very happy one to this fan.

Stand out tracks, well hell they are all great, but force to pick I would put Exit Wounds close to the top, but as I've already opined, each new song leads perfectly into the next, from the opening belter to the final poignantly honest song I can find no fault and no dissemination from their original blue-print to elevate the pain of life, love and existence for people like myself who find themselves disenfranchised from the regular morass of pop.

Placebo are pop and rock infused with an emotional resonance not found by this overall music fan in any other guise.

"I gotta testify"

5.0 out of 5 stars A biased review from a Placebo fan, 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Love Like Loud [Vinyl] (Vinyl)
Remember when you were a teenager and used play an album over and over again? This album is just like that and for me this is my top album of the year and I buy quite a few! If you like Meds you'll connect with this - catchy and melodic and as usual Brian Molko bearing his soul in what comes across as genuine and real. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Placebo are back with the ultimate bang., 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
This is the freshest sound Placebo have produced since the 90's. It is unquestionably among the best 10 albums released so far this millenium. If you have never heard Placebo before buy this. If you are someone who used to like Placebo but fell out of favour in recent years buy this. If you come from another planet and have never listened to music before buy this. It is fantastic. 8 out of 10 tracks are instantly loveable with a couple taking time to build a lasting relationship with. I love it. It is as it says on the tin "Loud Like Love".

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 9 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Love Like Loud [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
Love them A LOT.... So of course i love this album, its great! Bosco and exit wounds are my fav!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Love Like Loud [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
Being a placebo fan from day 1 i love the album its one of their best. I have looked forward to its release

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic Album!!!, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Loud Like Love (MP3 Download)
I love Placebo a lot so was rather excited when this album became available so much so i got the deluxe edition and even bought it as a mp3 little realizing i got that free due to amazons auto rip hahahaha!!!!

Any way stand out tracks for me include Too Many Friends,Purify,Rob The Bank and Scene of the crime!!! although i could pick any number or songs. I haven't loved a Placebo album this much since Black Market Music!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is in my opinion one of their best records. It took a while to get into, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
This is in my opinion one of their best records. It took a while to get into, their approach is a little different, especially the positive anthemic title song, but the moods vary on the album, it's got plenty heart ranging tunes. Also their sound is big on this album, it sounds absolutely amazing. If you are a [placebo fan you will undoubtedly love this record. Fabulous big choruses and their,latest drummer is amazing. There is only one song I don't like and that is the 'rob a bank' one. But there must be people out there who will love that, so in my opinion that is that is weak moment, and the line in a previous song 'my computer thinks I'm gay, what's the difference anyway, but the rest of that song is amazing, so instant forgiveness as far as I'm concerned. All in all a beautiful album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is as good as the best of the 'good' albums, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Loud Like Love (MP3 Download)
At last, Placebo are back on form. This is as good as the best of the 'good' albums, after a mixed run in the previous 4. Clearly the song writing has matured (along with the audience I suspect) and this album sits very well. Whatever the grown up word is for 'angst' - there is some of that, for sure, and its done with style. Great music, great lyrics, still edgy and pleasing at the same time. Give it a couple of listens and you will remember why you first appreciated Placebo at the end of the last century. We have all moved on, and this album brings that relationship up to date.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an ok album and songs like a Million Little Pieces and Exit Wounds make it ..., 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Loud Like Love (Audio CD)
It's an ok album and songs like a Million Little Pieces and Exit Wounds make it worth owning but it's no Meds.

‹ Previous | 1 2 311 | Next ›