5.0 out of 5 stars This is the story of a family who didn't fit in
I always get very excited at the thought of a new novel by Jojo Moyes and thankfully I wasn’t disappointed in this one.

Jess’s life is a mess – her ex has left her with two kids (and a smelly dog) to bring up, cash is in very short supply and she’s juggling two jobs just to stay afloat. When her mathematical genius daughter Tanzie gets...
Published 6 months ago by Denise4891

3.0 out of 5 stars Story a bit slow
I have read the authors previous books and enjoyed them. This book is good and gives the usual very real to life problems within a family but the story only gets going fron about half way through. A good read.
Published 5 months ago by Miss Sara Scott

‹ Previous | 159 60 6189 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Ultimately uplifting, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
A good story with real, believable characters.
Jess, has a difficult life but is unfailingly optimistic, Ed has the perfect life which he's managed to mess up. When their paths cross the fun ensues.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... one by Jojo that I have read and I loved it. Its a lovely, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
First one by Jojo that I have read and I loved it. Its a lovely, sweet story nothing too challenging a great summer read, just what I needed half way through the summer holidays. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Not read any of Jojo Moyes since i read Me before you a while ago. The one plus one is really different, great characters but pretty funny too, would definitely recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant! Couldn't put it down, 3 Sep 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely brilliant! Couldn't put it down. It was beautifully written and I felt for each of the characters as they all went through their own turmoils. Would thoroughly recommend this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
This had good reviews and I had read "Me before you" so decided to give it a go. Despite the fact that it was predictable ending of sorts, it was enjoyable, funny and entertaining. A good read

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, first Jojo Moyes I've read. I can't seem to find authors I like very often but looks like I've finally found another one to add to my list. Feel good read but not too cheesy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss it, 7 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
I bought this because I loved me before you and this didn't disappoint. Very different but equally as gripping, the characters are well written and the whole book has depth and believability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just loved this one, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
This story was so real, made me laugh, made me cry, made me want to know more about the characters within. What more could you ask from any writer than that you loved he story and want more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
This is your average chick lit novel, a little bit sugary in places, completely unrealistic and predictable in others, however saying this, it is totally readable and i found myself enjoying it.

Its well written and each chapter is dedicated to one of the four main characters in the book and tells the story from each of their perspectives and documents what is going on in their lives as the story progresses.

Whilst i found this a way of laying out the story easy to read, i still found myself becoming a bit lost at times due to amount of stuff going on - the 'main' love story between herself (Jess) and Mr. Nicholls, her step son's battle with local thugs, her daughters race against time to reach her maths competition, her relationship with her ex husband and Mr Nicholls looming court case. Also, there were references made in the beginning of the book that weren't brought up again until quite late on in the story so i had to flip back a couple of times to jog my memory as to what had gone on. There was some stuff that i thought it could have done without and in my opinion, it's quite a lot longer than it needs to be.

Overall though, i found it an enjoyable read, and would be happy to recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in ages!, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: The One Plus One (Kindle Edition)
A beautiful book, beautifully written. A real tear jerker with lots of happy, funny bits. I fell in love with Jess and her quirky family and mad dog. I could not put it down, just brilliant

‹ Previous | 159 60 6189 | Next ›