AM

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ...
Published 9 months ago by Gordon Lowes

3.0 out of 5 stars Listened once
This is well-written, well-played pop/rock music that should have had a bigger impact on me but it didn't. The production is far too clean and professional, there's no soul in it and the cheeky loveable nature of their early stuff is long gone. That's to be expected of course and shouldn't be a criticism. But it is. If you are new to this band (how?!) then you'll probably...
Published 11 months ago by A Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar ..., 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I'm not a fan of their earlier stuff, bar one or two tracks, but this is amongst my top albums of 2013. It comes across as a band who's looked at their past work, and thought "you can tell we were kids when we wrote that". There's still songs about girls and nights out but there's a maturity here that was missing. And they've expanded the sound somewhat. These are songs that fill the room, as opposed to background songs on the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sexy Fusion of Everything They've Ever Done, 11 May 2015
Liam (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
A sexy fusion of everything they've ever done, AM is a culmination of their previous four albums, fusing the energetic indie rock from the earlier stuff, with the darker tones of Humbug and stronger rock of Suck It And See with a new found admiration for soulful beats and high pitched backing vocals. It creates this sexy, smoky tone in every single excellent track. Honestly, I'd have preferred the B-side 'Stop the World' to feature on AM over Mad Sounds, but every track is like a single on this album - it's that good.

I've always been a fan, and while some may be disappointed how different this record is compared to their first two albums, it's a welcomed evolution in my opinion. No band would get anywhere churning out the same kinds of songs for a decade, they needed to move on and they did, with possibly their best album yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Arctic Monkeys' best in years, 13 Sept. 2013
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I've always been a huge fan of the Arctic Monkeys anyway, but when I rate 'AM' five stars, it's because that I honestly believe it to be a great album, and perhaps just as good as anything they have released. Whatever my own opinion, it's a real return to form.

After playing 'AM' continuously, I am even starting to hold it in the same regard as Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, which is saying something considering what a debut it was, and one of my all time favourite albums. I certainly think that it is superior than their past two albums, which isn't saying quite as much, as good as they were.

As always, the melodies of the songs here are brilliant, and the lyrics, written by frontman, vocalist and musical genius Alex Turner are as sharp and meaningful as they have ever been. The sound is darker, the music is more mature, and although it isn't quite the same as their first two albums, every band has to evolve, and these guys are been evolving ever since the third album Humbug. I believe that the Arctic Monkeys are in a good new direction.

If you enjoyed the new singles (my personal favourite being 'R U Mine?), you'll find that the rest of album's tracks are of the same high standard, 'No.1 Party Anthem' is a highlight, and 'Snap Out Of It' is one to play on loop. 'AM' is a strong record that should certainly should please long-term fans, and if you had lost a little faith in them over time, it should be fully restored once you hear their fifth album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinyl sounds the best and this is a great record, along with free music downloads and a song card!, 14 May 2015
This review is from: AM [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Great artwork!! The artist is really good and brings out great songs! The record comes with a card as well which tells you all the words to the songs. The record cover is nicely made and the added bonus of the free music download in different formats! If you are looking at this, you know how great vinyl sounds unlike CD's and MP3s so go on and buy this! it wont let you down. I highly recommend you getting poly plastic covers to protect the artwork and don't buy PVC because PVC damages vinyl and the artwork and i would recommend getting poly paper sleeves to protect the vinyl from scratches and dust.

If you find this review useful, can you please click the helpful section below, Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust the people!!, 4 Oct. 2014
S. Chandler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Well here was me chastising some 400 people who left blinding reviews for this album. I could wait no longer for the price to drop further and bit the bullet and paid more than I usually do for CDs in the eager anticipation to hear this album which has received not only more reviews, but also better rating than the Arctic's astonishing debut.

Well, I am not so impetuous as to make a firm judgement call on the first play of any album, but after about three plays, I was thinking 400 reviewers were nothing but mad. How could this album be better than Whatever people say I am... what were they thinking? I was very underwhelmed.

Move on 6 weeks later and perhaps 25 plays later and I have now seen the light! I guess I was guilty of the old-age sin of expecting the same and did not open my mind to acceptance of the new, more mature sound, but this truly is a stonkingly good album, maybe the best I have heard in half a decade. It flows brilliantly between more catchy tunes (not fillers) and a few out and out rousing songs, like 'Fireside', 'Arabella' and 'I want it All'. Intelligent, witty, super creative lyrics, and don't forget the lead singer is still only 24! Pure genius really.

You little Monkeys!!

Get this album and play it and play it and play it. You will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Awesome

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Cd of the last 3 years, 6 July 2014
J. Trim "Mummy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
I have never been a fan of the Arctic Monkeys but after hearing a couple of tracks on the radio i thought i would treat myself, so glad i did as this has been on my MP3 player continuously for the last 6 months and i still love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Really music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
A1

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: AM (Audio CD)
Sheffield' s finest at their best.

AM