on 30 April 2014
I am not normally a lover of short books, as I read very fast, but this one really is absolutely lovely.
Janine needs to lose weight (which she put on when her husband left for a younger woman) before her niece's wedding and joins a slimming club. Then things really take off - problems with her niece, worries about her daughter - and a new friend at the slimming club. I am not going to spoil it for you by saying too much, what I will say is, READ IT.
The more books I read by Della Galton, the more I like them.
Right, I'm off to download some more of hers.
Janine decides she really needs to lose the weight she has put on since she split up with her husband. Her niece is getting married in ten weeks' time and she hopes to lose a stone before then.

But going to a slimming club has unexpected results and family events go haywire before everything is resolved. I found this a well written and interesting novella. The characters are well drawn and believable and family life is realistic with not everyone getting on all the time and misunderstandings a plenty.

If you want a quick read about everyday life then this might be worth trying
on 21 September 2013
A charmingly written little read, which only took an hour or two to get through. The author soon has you gunning for the characters and itching to get to the end, in the hope that everything turns out okay. No doubt most of us can relate to Janine and Pete and their cravings for the comfort of chocolate, when life becomes challenging. The book shows us how friendship and love count for more than good looks. An unputdownable, feel-good read.
on 16 April 2014
A good read, fairly short but I thoroughly enjoyed it, a good story amongst the trials and tribulations of dieting
on 23 September 2013
I never thought of looking for love in a slimming class.
As usual Della Galton writes books that I just cant put down. I read it in my lunch breaks and I wont spoil the ending, but I was quite sad to finish it, I enjoyed it so much. A good little book!!!
on 17 September 2013
I couldn't put this down. Beautifully written as one would expect from an offering from Della Galton and really easy to read. I adored the characters and it's just a lovely feelgood, fabulous story. You'll miss a treat if you don't read this.
on 9 September 2013
A great read-in-an-evening, feel good read from Della. Ten Weeks To Target isn't really about slimming. It's about love, families, friendship and a big bear of a man you can't fail to fall in love with. Leaves you with a smile on your face.
on 8 June 2014
This is one of those books that hits the spot - anyone who has sat through a weight loss class with be able to chuckle along with this and nod in that 'been there, done that' fashion. There is a lovely romantic thread weaving through the book and it concludes in the way we would want. Highly recommend
on 23 September 2014
The title that I wrote is about the book that I read is about two people starting diets but for totally different reasons the lady wanted to fit in a wedding outfit for her niece' s wedding and he had been told by his wife to lose weight......
on 5 March 2015
I found this book really easy to read. The characters were well written and you could connect with them even though you didn't know much detail. A good read if you don't have hours to spare but still like to get lost in a story.