4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, stylish and great sound
I recently cashed in some airline points for the Beats Solo HD headphones. At the time I knew that they were expensive but didn't realize they were 144 GBP (current price on Amazon). I had heard good things and overall, I was not disappointed.

Published 5 months ago by Michael

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 6 days ago by Gomel

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, stylish and great sound, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo HD On-Ear Headphones - Monochromatic Red (Electronics)

They come with a cloth cushioned zippered carrying case and collapse into a compact form which makes storage and transporting them extremely easy. The collapsing portion seems to be well designed and not flimsy like some other reviewers have mentioned. They are also very comfortable and stylishly designed.

When I first tried these with various types of music I was really surprised at the great sound quality. I listened to many different genres and could hear things in the songs which I had never really heard before. It really brings out the sound that you wouldn't necessarily be able to hear with most headphones or speakers and I couldn't stop listening to my playlist of favorite songs.

One downside is that there is some unfortunate sound leakage. When playing at a decent volume level, other people nearby may be able to hear what you are listening too. It does not completely hold in all the sound which could be slightly annoying on a plane or something where you are sitting right next to someone else. It is not too bad really but ideally, a person sitting next to you couldn't hear anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, do not be put off., 20 Aug 2014
I have read mixed reviews about these and was a little dubious, however after loosing my sennheiser's and being without a pair of earphones/headphones I decided to take a plunge for these and also got these on a lightening deal. I enjoy listening to music and watching movies on the go and I must say these are great. Currently I think these are better suited to movies then music, but they still need burning in so I am sure they will improve in time. The build quality is great and the package and presentation is also of top quality. I wouldn't be put off, if you use these headphones, I would certainly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looks, and even better sound, 3 Aug 2014
These are great looking and even better sounding headphones. The amazon daily deal price made them a great purchase and my daughter absolutely loves them. One really important feature is the fact that the cable is completely replaceable, because it is almost always the cable that fails first. They are not huge and fold up neatly into the carrying pouch supplied. If you are looking for a impressive gift, the amazingly stylish and chunky plastic carton takes some beating for impact after unwrapping!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Sep 2014
Very stylish, however style is not the main reason for buying expensive headphones....my issues with these are that the lead doesn't fit snuggly into the headphone and you have to jig it about to get the sound to come out of both earpieces, also everyone can also hear the music you're playing as these are not noise isolating! I bought these because my daughter has had some for a few years now and they are excellent, however these are not as good and I don't know why! I'm disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, 9 Sep 2014
Fantastic Headphones! - My daughter's words as these were purchased for her. Sound is great through them and they also fold down neatly. Got them on a 'daily deal' and was happy to pay less than £90 - have been worth every penny. Daughter uses them all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars First set faulty as only one side worked but excellent service. Replacement arrived within 24 hrs no issues ..., 13 Aug 2014
Brought for 12yr old daughter who loves them. First set faulty as only one side worked but excellent service. Replacement arrived within 24 hrs no issues that time

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Sep 2014
My son loves these headphones. He said the sound is great. They come in a lovely bag and box as well so good for a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars not disappointed at all, 14 Sep 2014
absolutely fabulous, not disappointed at all, would recommend them to anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 15 Aug 2014
good sound but makes a booming sound when running and walking...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 25 July 2014
The product came on time and as described on the web, Love it