on 19 January 2015
They sound great but no better than any good £40 Known make. You're buying a brand and some good build quality. They make you feel good wearing them in public and they come boxed in a beautiful package that shows the attention to detail. Sound-wish I can't tell the difference between these and my £40 Seinhesser's.
on 12 September 2015
I was looking for a pair on on ear phones and opted for the award winning AKG's. I didn't find them that comfortable so I bought a pair of Beats..

Thirteen months later they are broken having been well looked after. I found a You Tube video showing how to repair the fault. I was born in the 1950's. The UK had a strong manufacturing base and the really cheap and nasty stuff made in those days always carried the label "Made in Hong Kong". When I dismantled the headphones I was really appalled by the poor quality of the materials and workmanship. As bad as anything I've ever seen. They spend more on the box than they have on the wiring which isn't satisfactory. The main cable is quite chunky and a replacement is £30, it all implies quality, but it's smoke a mirrors. As bad as anything that used to say "made in Hong Kong."

Comfort is fantastic and the sound quality good, so it a shame about the quality.
on 30 May 2015
by far the best decision i've made when i'm high.
on 1 April 2014
I recently cashed in some airline points for the Beats Solo HD headphones. At the time I knew that they were expensive but didn't realize they were 144 GBP (current price on Amazon). I had heard good things and overall, I was not disappointed.

They come with a cloth cushioned zippered carrying case and collapse into a compact form which makes storage and transporting them extremely easy. The collapsing portion seems to be well designed and not flimsy like some other reviewers have mentioned. They are also very comfortable and stylishly designed.

When I first tried these with various types of music I was really surprised at the great sound quality. I listened to many different genres and could hear things in the songs which I had never really heard before. It really brings out the sound that you wouldn't necessarily be able to hear with most headphones or speakers and I couldn't stop listening to my playlist of favorite songs.

One downside is that there is some unfortunate sound leakage. When playing at a decent volume level, other people nearby may be able to hear what you are listening too. It does not completely hold in all the sound which could be slightly annoying on a plane or something where you are sitting right next to someone else. It is not too bad really but ideally, a person sitting next to you couldn't hear anything.
on 25 February 2015
Bought this as an xmas present for my girlfriend, she's far more inclined to listen to bassy music than I am, and so far so good.

With regards to build quality, I rarely spend more than more than £15 quid on my headphones (except for my sennheiser ones i use for podcasting). So tempting though it would be to just label them over - priced rubbish, fashion accessories and another celebrity endorsement, the products are solid. I went for the solo hd over the solo hd 2 due to budgetary reasons but they seem up to date and quality. I'm not sure I'd go for them myself, not quite my style but whenever the missus leaves them round mine, I won't listen to music any other way.

In short, if you like the brand and the style and you have the spare cash, you'll be getting some quality headphones. If you're just after a quality pair, hover around the 50-80 quid mark and don't get beats
on 3 August 2014
These are great looking and even better sounding headphones. The amazon daily deal price made them a great purchase and my daughter absolutely loves them. One really important feature is the fact that the cable is completely replaceable, because it is almost always the cable that fails first. They are not huge and fold up neatly into the carrying pouch supplied. If you are looking for a impressive gift, the amazingly stylish and chunky plastic carton takes some beating for impact after unwrapping!
on 29 September 2015
Firstly, I was warned away from Beats for a while by a fair few people saying that you can get the same/better audio quality for less. While this could well be true, I really think these were a good investment...

Yes, they're a tad pricey (I got them half price so not so much) but the quality is great, you can't hear anything but the music when they're on and they fit snug on your head (great for running at the gym), not to mention that they look amazing.

Would definitely buy again, if I don't buy another colour way first!
on 3 March 2015
Purchased these for 12 year old daughter, teenage son also has this item in white,,,They both say they are great so if they are happy with Dre Solo so am I
on 17 April 2016
Broke after just over a year. One side of it has no sound. Pretty poor quality considering how much you have to pay for them.
on 15 December 2014
Why does Dr. Dre not offer a free crowbar with this purchase so that I can get them off my daughters head. They are firmly attached with super glue me thinks. She loves them and becasuse it keeps her quiet I too love them