5.0 out of 5 stars Best to date!!
Iv heard and seen so many different views and opinions about trivium over the years. There a great bunch of guys and i managed to meet them in 2012. Every album they have released has had mixed reviews and this new one is no different. Vengeance Falls is certainly a new direction for metal worldwide. Fast technical solos and heavy riffs will leave you wanting more. I...
Published 9 months ago by Caladrel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what Trivium are trying to do really...
I'm sure Trivium know what music their fans want to hear and they know what they need to write to keep us happy...but why don't they do it? If you were totally new to Trivium and heard this record, I fear you would not return to check out the older stuff, and that would be a shame. I have been following Trivium since 2005 and i'm close to giving up to be honest. I...
Published 10 months ago by Mark Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal album of the year / 2013, 12 Nov 2013
Marcelo De O. Lemos "soundstageofmind" (rio de janeiro, RJ Brazil) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
I have all Trivium's albums and I believe "Vengeance Falls" is their best album up to date! No doubt Trivium is one of the best metal bands of the last decade. In fact, I could vote "Vengeance Falls" for best metal album of the year 2013. (Amon Amarth's "Deceiver of the Gods" is another album that deserves being considered best of 2013).

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, not sure what to think, 1 Nov 2013
Lennard Van Wyk (Pretoria, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
This is my third Trivium album, my first album was shogun. I guess that album put the bar very high. In Waves was ok, some enjoyable parts, but still no comparison to shogun. This new album might be the same or a little better that in waves ( for me anyway ), but this is not another shogun. I have listened to this album for about 5 times now, and some of the songs have grown on me, but I also think Trivium can do better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vengeance Falls LP, 25 July 2014
K. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vengeance Falls [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Good delivery time from the states, one of my favourite metal album and sounds fantastic on vinyl.
The only problem i have is that there are marks on the disc but that doesn't seem to cause any audible problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but Trivium can do even better, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (MP3 Download)
First thing first I should say that Trivium are my favourite band in the world. An accolade I don't place lightly, I LOVE Metallica but in my opinion Ascendency and Shogun have surpassed Puppets and Ride The Lightning. So I have the highest expectations for anything they release, as I say Ascendency and Shogun are my two favourite albums (like most Trivium fans) so anything else the band put out is met with extreme scrutiny.

I was left a little disappointed by 2011's In Waves, by no means a bad album, a very solid ⅘ or 8/10 but coming after Shogun with its MASSIVE choruses seen in Into The Mouth of Hell We March, Down From the Sky, Throes of Perdition, Of Prometheus and the Crucifix etc and the progressive melodic elements seen in the majestic Torn Between Scylla & Charybdis and the title track. I feel In Waves was missing both these elements and was overly simplified. I know that this was the aim of the band as they stated many times in interviews beforehand, but to me songs like Black, Chaos Reigns and In Waves were just not Trivium to me, none of the shredding thrashy melodic riffs and huge dynamic choruses (with some exceptions; Inception of The End, Caustic are the Ties That Bind and Forsake Not The Dream are phenomenal).

Anyway! On to this album. Like most people the first song I heard was Brave This Storm, which could easily be mistaken for an In Waves cut with a little Draiman thrown into the verses. I was worried that this album would just be In Waves part 2. But this is Trivium we're talking about, no two albums are the same. Action quickly picks up with the super melodic title track which to me sounds like everything the Crusade should have been (Matts voice has improved tenfold since then), the chorus beats almost anything from In Waves, special mention goes to the two bridges and solo..that there is Trivium!

The momentum continues with the next two tracks. Strife has a real Crusade meets Ascendency feel with another fantastic chorus and No Way To Heal is a possible album high point and it would be a high point on either Ascendency or Shogun, it's sure to be a fan favourite. This is probably the most "Trivium" song on the album yet at the same time it doesn't feel like its taken from an old album. Fantastic!

The momentum drops however on To Believe, which has a real In Waves meets Disturbed feel, a simple verse riff coupled with Draiman esque singing from Matt and an uninspired chorus only saved by a great bridge. At the End of This War however picks up the slack with an acoustic intro showing off Matt's voice which gives way to a blazing riff and great chorus if not quite a Ascendency/Shogun level of melodic (there's that word again!) brilliance, another album highlight. I'm not sure what fans will think of Through Blood and Dirt and Bone as it is quite mid-tempo and sometimes veering into plodding nu-metal territory. I did enjoy the sombre overall feel of the song and the chorus I kept finding myself singing but not in that classic Trivium way. Villany Thrives is another low point for me, similar to To Believe it has that In Waves lack of melody (it sounds like I'm really trashing In Waves here but I do like it!) and uninspiring chorus when we've been brought up on the likes of Drowned & Torn Asunder.

Incineration is one for the Shogun fans, what starts as a fairly standard metal song gives way to a great chorus and bridge vocals wise which leads to one of those Paulo bass solos we love so much! Album closer Wake: The End is Nigh is a bit of a mixed back, what starts as beautiful acoustic/vocal performance quickly strays dangerously close to Creed territory until the song kicks in proper. Nothing remarkable about the song until they peel off a real Killswitch esque riff and another nice vocal line from Matt "The eeeend is nigh" which quietly fades out Killswitch-style as the album draws to a close.

All in all fans don't need to worry much about this album sounding like Disturbed, last time I checked Disturbed didn't have machine-gun double bass and blistering solos, they're all still here. I actually give Draiman credit as the choruses, dynamism and variety are of a higher standard than they were on In Waves. Having said that though, this band wrote Ascendency and Shogun...this album isn't quite up to that standard and I would have liked to hear a little more of Matt's savage bark. I do hold out hope that they get the multi talented Adam Dutkewicz to produce this albums successor. This unfortunately breaks the trend of Triviums "even number" albums being truly phenomenal, it's merely very good!

4.0 out of 5 stars great album shame about the producer, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
trivium are and always will be a very talented band theres no taking that away from them, they can play their instruments and do it well which is why i dont understand why they teamed up with dopey david draiman?? i mean device is the worst thing ive heard for a while and lets face it david draimen is absolutely crap live, anyway his influence is present on the albums vocals and in some parts matt actually sounds like hes trying to sing a disturbed song!! but the album as a whole is solid the music flows alot better than in waves which was all over the place, vengeance falls has alot of very good tracks, riffs, melodies and choruses, the stand out tracks for me are: brave this storm,villainy of thieves, wake(the end is nigh) and one of the bonus tracks a great misfits cover skulls...we are 138 so i recommend the special edition with 3 extra tracks because without them its a very short album with only 10 tracks, overall great album but!! they will never beat shogun!! especially if they team up with no talent "musicians".

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Trivium Masterpiece, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
Bought for my boyfriend, but as he has not stopped listening to it and keeps on about how excellent it is, I can safely say it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 22 Oct 2013
Amazing album from an amazing band, they never disappoint. You can feel David's influence in publishing this album and its obvious he has focused on the bands development in term of vocals and rifs.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cd, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
The album is their best for years and I have it on loop in the car and ipod with my other items.

5.0 out of 5 stars I actually quite like it., 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
For me I really enjoyed the album.

Been a fan of Trivium since the release of Shogun and I must say they put some good riffs and that

My favourite from the track is:

Vengeance Falls
Strife
No Way To Heal
Villiany Thrives
Wake (The End Is Nigh)

least favourite song is To Believe because it sounds more like a Disturbed song than Trivium's

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) (Audio CD)
not the best album they've made but its a must buy

Vengeance Falls (Special Edition)
Vengeance Falls (Special Edition) by Trivium (Audio CD - 2013)