5.0 out of 5 stars Truth about Mourinho
Published 2 months ago by Pauline Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars Credibility of the source??
I have to really question the credibility of the source. Their is an obvious negative spin on everything and I feel it's more of an attack on Mourinho rather than a portrayal of his dark side.
Published 3 months ago by Joey Lombardi

1.0 out of 5 stars Credibility of the source??, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Special One (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth about Mourinho, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for my husband and when I had finished the set of Game of thrones started to read it. Found I couldn't put it down and finished it before my husband. This book, you can see wasn't written to guild Mourinho's Lilly. Gives a great insite into the under current in football. All I can say is that I as a Manchester United fan can only thank Sir Alex for not sponsoring Mourinho, David Moyes was bad enough, but I think it would have been like giving the job to the devil. Excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best football book I've read in years, 12 May 2014
This is an absolute page-turner. it reads like a thriller! The journalist who wrote this is apparently close to Casillas and Ramos so you're obviously getting one side of the story, but it certainly answers a few questions a layman like me has about why Mourinho does some of the odd things he does. Brilliantly written, incisive and above all interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never realised..., 10 May 2014
What a very complex man Mourinho is. I am sure not everything is as clear cut as the author would have us believe, but the essence of his dark side is there for all to see. Who would have thought Arsenal have him to thank for the talent that is Özil!

An excellent read. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 8 May 2014
A remarkable and detailed expose of Mourinho. Clearly, it is written from a preconceived slant and has to be assessed accordingly. But it is certainly true that we can understand the man more for having read this work. Would that Diego Torres had written a behind the scenes account of Sir Alex. Now that would have been compulsive ......

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Side, 1 May 2014
Don't really know how much of this book is the truth, but I enjoyed it immensely. A delicious dissection of "the Special One", devoured it in two sittings.
A cracking read !

1.0 out of 5 stars Greatly exaggerated with a large pinch of fiction, 13 Aug 2014
As a Real Madrid fan (and someone who is a huge critic of Mou) I find much of this book is bordering on fiction. The stories are greatly exaggerated, although there is a basis of truth.

This is really just a 268 page attack on Jose Mourinho.

What's striking is the amount of stories that simply weren't reported at the time, or even rumoured to have happened.

Can't say I would recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down, 9 July 2014
Found this quite hard to read at times. Unless your familiar with Spanish football, a lot of the names mean nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 4 July 2014
Enjoyable read. But Mourinho really is an absolute s***house. An absolute bloody s***house. I hope someone pokes him the eye one day

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read., 30 Jun 2014
J. Pullman - See all my reviews
If, like me, you've always thought Mourinho was an unpleasant, manipulative so-and-so, this book will, through excellently sourced quotes and examples confirm all your prejudices. If you have thought he's a great guy who brings out the best in his teams, it's also well worth a read if only to make you think about whether or not you're right.