5.0 out of 5 stars that was easy to set up
Wow, that was easy to set up! I labelled the wires going into my old broken skybox then plugged them into the new box. I then popped in my Sky viewing card, turned it on and it was working. I went to https://activatemychannels.sky.com/activate to pair my sky viewing card with my new box. You need the
Sky box serial number,
the 11 digit Sky box serial...
Published 4 months ago by Anon

3.0 out of 5 stars Got the in time but the box has started to ...
Got the in time but the box has started to problems..can't set up recordings on series, can't record anything that is not using and sometimes it comes up with the TV guide still loading
Published 3 months ago by MRS MHAIRI E MACKAY

5.0 out of 5 stars that was easy to set up, 30 Dec. 2014
Sky box serial number,
the 11 digit Sky box serial number.
the 9 digit number Sky viewing card.

The first two are available on the Sky on-screen menu. Services >> Settings >> Details >> Select

It paired up almost instantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Nov. 2014
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Sky box ordered on Thursday and delivered the next morning, went with GM Satellites as they were the only ones stating it was the latest box and new, the box was very easy to connect, and was working fully in about 10 minutes of connecting, far superior reception etc than the Sky+ HD box it was replacing which has been playing up for ages, wish i had bought this box earlier GM Satellites highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy upgrade for Sky+, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Bought this Sky+HD box to replace an old Sky+ box.

It was much cheaper than the "special offer" from Sky, and was clearly brand new (all wrappers and protective plastic sheets still in place), it included the Sky+HD box, a remote control and batteries and cables, and arrived quickly.

It was a 5 minute job to swap the boxes over, and very easy to get logged onto our wifi. I had to call Sky to get the new box linked to my old viewing card (but they were surprisingly efficient and helpful!) and then everything worked fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Setup, 20 Feb. 2014
C. J. Woodman "CJ" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
I found this very easy to set up. I believe the Setup was made easy because I already subscribe to SKY HD and Multi Room. The card I used was current and being used in a basic Panasonic box so when I inserted it into this box it recognised I was an HD Subscriber and gave me access to all programmes in HD immediately. The built in WiFi was also easy to link to my BT Hub using the WPS buttons on the BT Hub and SKY box. No messing with passwords. One thing I found with the built in WiFi is that it does slow down WiFi to other devices. Turning off the SKY box did help a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars If your box packs up , get one of these !!, 19 Sept. 2014
L. Winfield (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
I ordered this sky box after reading the reviews about it, and having received it and installed it only the day after I placed the order , I am now up and running with no fuss at all , it was very simple to connect to the BT home hub via the wps button, then had to run upstairs to the sky box and press wps on the front of the box, it connected in seconds and now I can get on demand quickly and all other channels have good quality picture and sound. I thought I needed to spend over a hundred quid to get a new sky box so I didn't bother, then I saw this one and am now very happy :) I should add that I ordered a used box but it is as good as new!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 May 2014
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Bought this as it was far cheaper that buying directly from Sky. Plugged it all in and it worked straight away. I didn't need to reset anything or order another card.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice box, looks brand new and good value, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Nice box, looks brand new and good value. Just be aware that this model doesn't have an RF output connection for use with a Magic Eye. Purchased a Global IO l
Link to solve this issue and that worked just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed!, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
The hard drive in our old Sky+ HD box gave up the ghost a few months ago - we could watch TV but couldn't record, which eventually became a bit frustrating. I knew we'd have to replace it but I didn't fancy shelling out £160, especially just after the expense of Christmas. So... I did something I never thought I'd do - I opted for a reconditioned box from GM Satellites (via Amazon) at half the price of a new one. I was concerned that it would be a bit tatty and worn. But it really is as good as new! It was supplied with a new remote, power cable and HD lead too(!), and comes with a 12-month warranty. The built-in wifi is great (we didn't have it on the old box) - it quickly found our modem using WPS, and it also paired with my Sky viewing card automatically after that. It really couldn't have been easier. Really impressed by the box and by GM Satellites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Sky box, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Had this a while now with no problems whatsoever. Good unit, well made and performs well. Plenty of recording space for me and supports on demand which works well considering my internet download speed is rubbish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grear Replacement Sky Box, 25 Feb. 2015
C. A. Moreland (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box (Electronics)
Delighted with this Sky box. Really easy to set up and link to my router. Great picture quality and easy to use.
Just one issue- within days of receiving the box I started getting cold calls from people trying to sell me Sky equipment insurance. Not sure if this was connected to the purchase but never had the calls before.

SKY DRX890W SKY+ HD BOX Set-top Box