on 11 September 2014
I was always a big fan of the Hammer film adaptation and was delighted to get the chance to grab the book on kindle.

Great characters, a dark and disturbing plot around devil worship and despite the age of the story it stands up really well, whilst also giving a fascinating insight into society at the time.
on 21 March 2014
Yes, the style is dated, but the story is good. Maybe it wouldn't be taken up by an agent today without a serious re-write, but the characters still have enough zing to keep a person reading. If you haven't read it at least once, give it a try. I read it many years ago, and it has stuck in my memory all this time.
on 17 February 2014
I read this book years ago and it has lost nothing in the intervening years. Along with The Ka of Gifford Hilary and The Haunting of Toby Jugg, this is up among Wheatley's best works. When you have pictures in your mind of what the author is describing and still remember them years later....just read it and see
on 11 January 2014
I first read this book years ago, and was delighted to find it equally entertaining today. It really is an enthralling book , it has you hooked straight away. dennis wheatley is a wonderful author making everthing really interesting,with a subject which I had little knowledge of
on 25 November 2014
Brilliant to read again - I read Wheatley constantly as a child and it was fun to revisit the scariest book on my shelves as a young boy. A perfect balance between thriller and occult adventure - nice details and descriptive writing - certainly the best of the occult series.
on 3 February 2014
Great fun if you like this kind of thing: devil-worship and other supernatural nonsense, set in a long-vanished pre-war England. Full of iffy race and class attitudes, peopled by clever toffs and brave richoes, The Devil Rides Out is Dennis Wheatley's finest moment.
on 15 June 2014
I read this book many years ago (and several times since!) and the paperback version I have has now seen better days. It's nice to know that the whole series of Dennis Wheatley supernatural books are available on Kindle. Definitely recommended!
on 16 January 2014
I first read this book in the late 1960s. I enjoyed it then and I found it a pleasure to read again, as there were many parts of it that I had not remembered. If anyone enjoys a good tale, well told, then they will enjoy it also.
on 5 January 2014
I first read this book 45 years ago and it is still a good read today. Well written and absorbing. Dennis. Wheatley was an excellent author. His other books are all worth reading. Which I shall be doing, again!
on 28 September 2014
Dennis Wheatley is a first class author and the stories roll along nicely. The Black Magic thread is written with authority, however, despite this being a good tale it is extremely dated now.