5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky
I enjoyed the first series very much, was happy watching (but not so enthralled) with the 2nd series.

But have LOVED the 3rd. Most of the episodes are wonderful. Those that aren't, are still good.

Published on 23 Jan. 2013 by Mr. Francis S. Beadle

3.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
I have no doubt that I would be giving this a much higher mark up if it had lived up to its promise. When I ordered it I understood it to have subtitles.- In all there were about three minutes of subtitles and nothing else. As I am very hard of hearing I do not order dvd's unless they are subtitled, I enjoy Castle, I think , as a whole, it's a great show when I see it...
Published 22 months ago by Eileen M

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd time lucky, 23 Jan. 2013
Mr. Francis S. Beadle "Fateh" (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)

It's superb family TV. Of course it is a bit formulaic, but what isn't that runs for more than a few episodes? There's still twists you don't see coming, and I think the actors are having fun. I've long been a fan of Nathan (since firefly). He's very enjoyable to watch and the chemistry with Stana is lovely.

Of course there is almost nothing original now about any new(ish) detective series and the 'they love each other but don't quite get together' tension has been used many times before. Yet Castle is still fresh and funny and on occasion very moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT REGION 1 BUT STILL PLAYABLE IN UK, 4 Oct. 2011
I bought this on the assumption that it would be region 2 and therefore playable in this country on a standard DVD player. However, the DVD has arrived this morning and it's region 1 but having corresponded with the seller she assured me that it would work here and it does and I have therefore edited this review to reflect that.

Castle season 3 is wonderful but I wish Amazon would get all three series and the forthcoming series 4 released properly in this country. For goodness sake it's being shown on terrestial TV as well as Sky!!

There's no point me going in to detail of how good this show is because anyone who has watched it will know that fact. One of the best US shows on TV and I wonder why we can't make similar programmes in this country. The chemistry between Nathan and Stana is amazing and I can't think of any British actors/actresses who would be as good.

Terrific programme - watch it and buy the DVD. Amazon take note - please release this here for Region 2.

Since my original post someone has stated that possibly my copy might be a pirate copy.

If it is, it's a very good, high quality, one. I can't make any further comment on that except to say that if it is a pirate copy I'm very unhappy as that's one route I would not knowingly take to buy anything.

I'm currently watching series 4 on iTunes and it's fabulous so please I appeal to Amazon again please issue region 2 - it's worth it for the many fans out there who want to buy legally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adventures of Castle and His Professional Partner,, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I admit that it was my husband who got me interested in watching season 3 of Castle because this is one of the television shows that he loves (he has multiple seasons 3 and 4 of Castle in his itunes account). Additionally, he has been watching this show since 2009. Anyhow, it is easy to see why he enjoys this show. The tv show of Castle centers around the story of an author who works closely and gives his best professionally to a detective that he is actually has romantic feelings for. Castle is a popular and successful author who also enjoys helping the detective because many of the cases give him strong material for his books. He also is shown interacting with both his mother and daughter who he loves very much. There are multiple suspenseful episodes in this season that it is hard for me to choose a favorite. However, one of the episodes that clearly sticks out in my memory is an episode where he is tasked with solving a tricky murder case that involves a celebrated psychic as the victim, especially because the killer was the last person who I would expect to do such a cold blooded act. One of the women who currently star in the Witches of East End series (I believe that it may be Rachel Boston as Ingrid) plays the surviving daughter of the murdered psychic. Another episode that stood out in my mind was that of a murder of a metro worker that also ties into a boy’s abduction. What complicates matters is that the parents had divorced and the mother had moved on to a much wealthier man than the father. She is shown scolding at the father while standing next to her new partner (this show definitely also knows how to create heart string pulling drama). The third episode that stands out in my mind is that involving the murder of an attractive male stripper and one of his wealthy older female lovers as a suspect. The stripper was only trying to turn his life around financially when he was murdered. Another episode that stood out to me was the murder of a gifted astrophysicist. Lyle Lovett stars as one of the mysterious government men (possible Men In Black theme) who make a guest appearance. There are many more brilliant episodes to season 3 of Castle, which is a good show to watch for those who are open to watching keep you guessing type of suspense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing show, 14 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
There are two kinds of people that sit around thinking about how to kill people phcyopath's and Richard Castle and boy does he do it well. This show has gone from strength to strength every season and this has been the most heartfelt for me so far with Beckett falling down the peverbal rabbit hope again with her mum's murder to Alexis first love season 3 has pushed castle out of corny cop show to gripping drama by don't worry there is still plenty of dry humour to go around and sexual tension between our favourite detective and mystery writer. Buy castle season 3 it's the best season yet and the rest I haven't given up on the show its a superior version of bones and booth

5.0 out of 5 stars Just gets better and better, 20 Aug. 2012
Ian (Honiton Devon uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 3 opened up and did'nt disapoint. Castle back in trouble with Bekett as normal. These two have great chemistry on screen and I'm sure plenty of laughs when making this. All the supporting cast are also back on form and of course Castles daughter the only adult in the household. Plenty of humor and action. A few new clues to her mothers killers but nothing set in stone as yet. In short a great season for Castle and if you've never seen it no worries theres always a quick Castle catch up at the beginning. As it says Crime has never been so much fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 2 Jan. 2012
Every series of Castle is just brilliant. It's a winner.
Well written. Well acted. Well cast.
And one of those series where you really get well involved with the characters.
Nothing else to add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 22 Nov. 2011
GDM Bussey "Bogwart" (Leicestershire UK) - See all my reviews
Fast, funny and totally enjoyable. The US version works without problem on my DVD player (Panasonic) and produces excellent video.
The Castle series is slightly different from the usual US drivel - has a great cast, good story lines and a lot of clever humour.
Series three is probably the best series so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to love it! You just have to!, 23 April 2012
Shall I admit it?
I saw Stana Katic in the Librarian III (not really a masterwork...) and was charmed.
Buying Castle season 1 for 10 euros in Berlin, I was just curious to see more of her and I can't say I was disappointed!
But there is more to the show than just stunning Stana.
Everything about 'Castle' is GREAT :-)
The actors, the stories, the dialogues... and the guest appearances by Connelly, Lehane, Patterson and the late Cannell!
Not only is everything most enjoyable about the show, it gets better with every season :-)
Me,I have seen the 3 seasons twice and read the first novel "Heat wave"...
Next on the program, the second novel "Naked Heat".
I leave to others the pleasure of providing more complete descriptions of everything that makes this show just MOST ENJOYABLE.
Because, MOST ENJOYABLE is it for sure.
Don't you believe me?
You don't have to. Buy Castle and become a believer !!!

Bernd

5.0 out of 5 stars Solving murder has never been so much fun (contains spoilers), 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
The season opens with Castle getting on the wrong side of Beckett and co as they try to solve a murder. Justice is served eventually through the usual bouts of humour and action, and Castle getting back on side with the others of the precinct, mostly by saving Kate's life as she saves his from the murderers.

The series carries on with a much better set of storylines than season 2 and the guest stars shine just as brightly, all the while acting as back-drops to Castle/Beckett, Esposito/Lanie and Ryan/Jenny, alongside the ongoing saga of who ordered the hit on Johanna Beckett. To start with Rick is still seeing his second ex-wife, Gina, though their relationship is heading for the iceberg, again, and Kate is seeing a doctor who flies all over the world in the equivalent of Medicins sans Frontier - she is still seeing him by the season finale even though she and Rick have a series of moments - kissing in the street to distract a hired thug and huddling for warmth in a freezer container where she is cut off from saying something important.

The season finale is action-packed and heart-rending - loyalties will be tested to the point of no-return, and everything we thought we knew will be turned upside-down in relation to Johanna Beckett - the end result being the death of one season favourite and the near-death of another, and the revelation that could turn the entire series on its head (not that fans have been waiting for it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting even better, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Castle - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
This Season is a lot darker than the two before it and the characters are more believable. End is pretty good, too!

A Deadly Affair