5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to get started
I've seen this book all over blog land lately so I just had to review it. If you want to see what people have been making from the book do Google Patchwork Please Zakka along. This book contains 20 colourful Zakka projects. Zakka translates as `many things' meaning objects that improve your home, life or appearance (this definition comes from the book)...
Published 13 months ago by Sewing Directory

3.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and new, not too difficult
I like it because of the fresh and new ideas for using cotton and linen fabrics. The colours and fabric choices are fun too. I find the patterns okay but simple, a bit too simple for me.
Published 4 months ago by Annemieke van den Berg

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait to get started, 24 Jun 2013
Sewing Directory (Devon) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Before the projects the book has a detailed tools and techniques section which gives advice on combining fabrics and colours, preparing fabric, different stitches, quilting techniques and paper piecing amongst others.

The projects in the book are for the kitchen, for the kids, for the home, for going places and for crafting. They include coasters, an apron, quilts, bibs, a pencil case, iPad cover and embroidery pouch. They also have a difficulty rating so you can work your way up if you are new to patchwork. It's quite an eclectic mix of projects, but you may find yourself making most of them simply because they look so good! I had never thought to make an embroidery pouch before but now I am dying to make one.

The projects have step by step written instructions with the odd colour diagram or photo. The templates are alongside each project rather than all at the back of the book. Most of them are the correct size but the odd few require enlarging.

I can't wait to get started on the embroidery pouch.

This review also appears on The Sewing Directory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous projects, 2 Jun 2013
I held off buying this book for a while as I have lots of sewing books with similar projects, but I eventually caved and am so glad I did. Ayumi has a unique style and her projects are really inspiring - lovely photography and lots to challenge more experienced sewists too, with some great paper piecing projects. The only things I would change are to have the templates at full scale - some pullout pages/ a template pocket could easily have solved this as its a pain having to go find somewhere to enlarge templates. And I would have like a couple more diagrams on some of the projects as I'm very visual following a pattern. But they are minor niggles and overall I really love this book and can't wait to make more from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely projects, 27 July 2013
I bought this book mainly to recreate the pin cushion on the cover. I found this item very easy to make and was pleased with the result. The book has other lovely projects which I have on my to make list.

I am completely new to machine paper piecing and struggled a bit with the written instructions on how to paper piece, however I was able to find visual information on the internet to help me understand a bit more. Now that I have more understanding I feel able to tackle all of the projects in this book.

One thing I found particularly helpful is the way that the book clearly listed exactly what size pieces of fabric were needed at the beginning of each project to eliminate any guesswork for paper piecing.

I'm pleased I bought this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patchwork, 3 Sep 2013
Mr. L. Ford - See all my reviews
Great book, gives many ideas for projects to undertake and its aimed at all levels of ability. A great buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Patchwork Please, 17 Jun 2013
The book is beautifully presented and easy to read. The patterns are fresh and appealing and I am very inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 23 May 2013
This book is amazing. what wonderful projects. the only problem is where to start. Thank you. It is so motivating and it's great that I get to do so much sewing now I have retired.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patchwork Please, 25 April 2013
lots of nice gift ideas for Christmas and presents and don't have to buy large amounts of material to achieve it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 22 July 2013
This is a lovely book with step by step intstructions and bright pictures that give clear guidance. Perfect for little projects or gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 11 May 2013
I purchased the first book of this type and think this one is much better. More projects, great photos would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crochet gifts, 22 May 2014
Loved the book . Each project has it's own templates to work and is very easy to follow as first time projects