5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspector Calls: York Notes for GCSE 2010
This is an excellent buy for GCSE English students. Everything is clearly explained and is invaluable for writing essays on 'An Inspector Calls'.
Published on 11 Oct. 2011 by Heidi

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK... for a general overview!
Published on 15 Jan. 2012 by Momanium

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK... for a general overview!, 15 Jan. 2012
I am sitting the GCSE AQA 2010 English Literature Course and this is one of the available options. I ordered this book as they are known to aid the reader through the analysis. I was a bit disappointed when I bought the book as it was quite basic. It seemed to be quite childish, focusing on aesthetics and colour as oppose to content. The book itself is good at aiding your revision and gives a general overview but not specific analysis. York Notes Advanced are much more appropriate as they are designed for A- level but are great, even for GCSE. Though there is not an advanced version for this book... so this will have to do!

Generally: 3 Stars(It'll do the job... just)
Aesthetics: Nice
Content: Fairly basic but good for a general overview.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspector Calls: York Notes for GCSE 2010, 11 Oct. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 May 2011
I brought this book for my 15 year old daughter who was studying an Inspector calls for her GCSE.

I am pleased to say she got an A*! SHE LOVED THE BOOK AND RECOMMENDS IT!

I am a happy mummy! Buy buy buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Nov. 2011
I ordered this book in preperation for my GCSE English literature exam.

It is a very good book and has helped my greatly. It was very useful to have to use alongside class notes.

However, the words do go into the binding of the book (especially on the right pages) meaning you have bend the pages outwards whilst pushing the spine towards you to read the first words of each line.

Apart from this setback which can get very annoying at times, the quality of the content is very good. I would recommend but do be aware of the issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty much perfect, 8 May 2012
I'm 16 and currently using this book to help me with my English Literature GCSE. Time will tell for my result but I do believe this book has helped me boost my grade dramatically. Although the characterisation section lacks, there is a detailed step by step analysis of the entire play and details on themes and how to boost my grade as well as background information. It makes 'An Inspector Calls' more interesting and I prefer this revision to the other ones because this book makes a lot of sense and opens up my own ideas which come in very useful during practice essays. I'm achieving high As/low A*s in the practice questions and doubt I would be without this book! A great purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars York Notes 'An Inspector Calls', 16 Feb. 2012
This larger version of York Notes took me by surprise and to begin with I wasn't too sure. This was augmented becasue the text is extremely close to the spine of the book on the inside which makes it difficult to read.

However, the book itself is very good. It's useful for GCSE because it has information presented in an accessible way and ranging across the assessment objectives that are required for the new GCSE Literature and Language exams. The addition of some colour and more visuals together with the updated layout make this a useful and helpful resource for teachers and students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, 30 Jun. 2014
Helped me do much during my exams and actually helped me learn information about each character in depth, well worth getting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for revision, 30 Jun. 2014
This book helps you understand the characters, plot and story of the book. Great for my sons English Lit exam.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Notes on "An Inspector Calls"., 25 Oct. 2011
Bought for my grandson who has found them to be very helpful in squeezing the highest grades out of his English Lit. coursework.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise explanation, 30 May 2013
The book covers the key areas of the novel "heroes". The explanations are clear, though often seem too basic. The book should be used to base revision around, as it is not very good for referencing particular themes. May be well used in conjunction with