5.0 out of 5 stars Everything
Published on 22 Sept. 2011 by Olivia :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter point for revision
Excellent delivery and service. The book is good as a good overview of the play but I find that whilst it has good pointers and ideas, it lacks an in depth view of issues at times.
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by Glam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything, 22 Sept. 2011
A perfect revision guide for "Romeo and Juliet". I was unsure whether to purchase at first but after looking through the other revision guides about the play i decided that this one was the best one to get and i was right. This book is perfect, clearly outlining the plot and structure as well as notes about certain aspects of the book, it has helped me massively and would recommend to anyone studying the play to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY IMPORTANT, 8 Jan. 2011
Frank Green - See all my reviews
Purchased for GSCE Coursework and wouldn't have been without it, everyone wanted a look, so told them to go buy your own!! No seriously very good book with lots of detail.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for coursework, 10 April 2011
We bought this for my son for his English GCSE coursework. He HATES Shakespeare and finds it difficult to read it let alone write an essay on it. He got an A for his coursework on Romeo and Juliet using these notes( with a lot of effort) which was amazing. He did reference it at the end of the essay. Must be very accessible. He is very able in maths not so in English.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but a little sparse, 19 April 2014
I was expecting a little more detail, but it provided clear keywords and exam tips. A good buy, but it is less helpful if you only want to solidify your knowledge for the higher grades; it is more for those trying to boost their grade - giving clear and concise but basic information and keywords.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright but not essential, 10 Mar. 2013
I'm glad I bought this in the end - as the glossary and exam and controlled assessment adivce at the end is quite good, as well as the information on themes. HOWEVER, the majority of the book was of little use as it only told me the story which I already knew, and so do the examiners. The good information here, is very good - although there is little of it. Despite the majority of its inutitlity however, I do recommened it but it certainly is not essential.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter point for revision, 19 Feb. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe i should write my own revision guide as this one has mistakes!!!, 3 Dec. 2010
My teacher recommended York notes to me because they are the best. But now when i begin to read through the book i find mistakes.I understand that everybody makes mistakes but these mistakes influence my GCSE results. I'm not saying don't buy this , I'm just saying read and revise with caution.!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romeo & Juliet. York notes, 2 Feb. 2014
Bought this for myself, as well as my son, who is doing Romeo and Juliet for his English literature GCSE so that I would be able to help him if he needed me to and I could seem like a pro. I find Shakespeare heavy going and this book in conjunction with the book 'Romeo and Juliet in Plain and Simple English' were great. It's quick and easy to read and really helps gain a good understanding. He hasn't so far needed my help!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not bad, 26 Nov. 2012
I got this for my controlled assessment on Romeo and Juliet. It's not bad as it has analasis of key scenes and greatly helps with your understanding of the plot and has a useful list of key english terms and their meanings at the back which i was able to use in my essay. However it was a lot shorter than i originally thought, but for the price i'd say definatly worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Romeo and Juliet: York Notes for GCSE (Kindle Edition)
Delivered on time and product was as described and fulfilled all requirements. Product was as expected. What else can I say?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›