5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Funny Show
I never heard of this show before, Amazon had the DVD on sales so I thought I would give it a shot. I wasnt sure what to expect, and was suprised that this is a quality show. Ive always been a fan of british comedies (people like us, black books, office, father ted) And this show has become a classic in my books.
Published on 10 Aug 2006 by P. A. Tamblyn

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly a fake
As soon as I opened the package I thought something was wrong. I had bought it as secondhand and it was prestine, but something wasn't quite right and I considered it was 'fake'. When I tried to watch it the vision and sound kept breaking up and it was unwatchable. I complained to the seller via Amazon who asked me to return this and three other DVDs I had bought and...
Published 18 months ago by P. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Funny Show, 10 Aug 2006
P. A. Tamblyn "Phill735" (Victoria Australia) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply inspired, 2 April 2007
Mr. D. Woods "dwoods92" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This has to be one of the best sit-coms ever, never mind contemporary. Completely off-the-wall, lunatic genius it really milks the most out of its' terrific cast and well-crafted gags. I really believe anyone who doesn't find this even slightly funny has severely missed the point.

The basic premise of this now cult comedy is a couple of twenty-somethings renting a flat and fleshing out their early life crises in as surreal a way as possible. But that just doesn't begin to do justice to this fantastic show. Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson superbly hold everything together as Tim and Daisy, while being well supported by their oddball collection of friends. The best thing of all in 'Spaced' is the many film and pop culture references that are crammed everywhere- they are just some of the best takes on things like 'Star Wars' and 'Resident Evil' I have ever seen and probably get even better in series 2.

But, most important of all, it's just extremely funny. I can't possibly choose a favourite episode as they are all brilliant, though my favourite bit has to be Tyres' 'trip' to the sound of a ringing phone (man, it's inspired!) Nor can I choose a favourite series- both 1 and 2 are equally excellent in their own right. Rather than buy both individually (as I did!) I'd go for the complete box set. Trust me, you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Channel 4's greatest comedy series...ever!, 1 Aug 2006
M. D. P. Meechan (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Spaced is a work of genius, a series that combines characterisation, comedy and story with a wide range of references to pop culture (nods which are both obscure and obvious). The performances of the main cast are always perfect, with even facial expressions managing to convey humour. The show also features a veritable Who's Who of recognisable comedy faces playing supporting roles, including Peter Serafinowicz (Look Around You) and David Walliams (Little Britain). For those who haven't seen the show, the re-releases are a must-buy, as Spaced represents the type of original comedy series that British comedy is severely lacking at present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Prepared to Laugh Until It Hurts, 3 Aug 2006
This is both the funniest and cleverest series ever to grace a TV screen.

Pegg and Stevenson have created their own world, populated by eccentric characters with whom they share incredible plots. At the same time, the series manages to be absolutely real in its feel.

It's impossible to do it justice in a review. Buy it, and you'll quickly realise that it's had an effect on a lot of work done by others since, and you will never really appreciate Pegg's "Shaun of the Dead" until you are familiar with Spaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make a space for Spaced!, 23 Aug 2009
I have only just discovered 'Spaced' and wonder how i ever missed it on the telly.A very bleached blond Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson play Tim and Daisy, a couple of twenty somethings who pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend to rent a flat.Great performances from them as they continue the charade for their sex starved landlady. Throw a few more characters in the mix such as Tims best mate the T A obsessed Mike( played by Peggs 'Shaun of the Dead' sidekick Nick Frost),Daisy's twiglet eating frind Twist and strange arty neigbor Brian who lives in the flat downstairs, and you have a whacky laugh out loud comedy that you WILL love to watch with your cuppa and biscuits.Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars So-so, 10 Jan 2014
I remember watching it years ago on t.v. , but it doesn't seem as funny the second time round. Still worth a watch though, especially if your a games freak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flashback, 17 Aug 2013
I love spaced and this dvd did not dissapoint- I was very happy to receive it as its been a while since they've put it on the tele!
This arrived literally 2 days before I met Simon Pegg- so had it signed (on the set of The Worlds End), One happy lady! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny, 30 Mar 2013
A collection of oddballs share a house. Two of them, nerdy Tim Simon Pegg) and dozy Daisy (Jessica Stevenson) are pretending to be a couple, although they're not. There are hilarious interactions with their landlady Marsha, fellow tenant Brian a mad artist, Tim's army-mad mate Mike and Daisy's eccentric friend Twist. The humour is quite geeky, and studenty and plays on embarassment and feeling awkward in social situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Feb 2012
As a fan of Simon Pegg, I just had to watch this when it was released on DVD (I missed it when it was on TV), and it doesn't disappoint. All the characters are brilliant and the comic genius that is Simon Pegg, is here in abundance - just brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars The brilliance of Pegg before he went to Hollywood, 3 Sep 2009
Spaced is one of the few comedy shows I can watch nowadays. To me it seems most comedy shows are just trying to hard to get you to laugh and failing doing it, but Spaced breezed through with it's realistic storyline and instantly likeable characters. The jokes are very well placed and there is no canned audience so it doesn't feel forced. I would highly reccommend this to any Simon Pegg (before he ruined himself in Hollywood) and Edgar Wright fans as this is a real comedy jem, I can honestly tell you that you will love it!

Gatherings