5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite headphones, great value for money
Published 11 months ago by Scully Bloke

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! - check ear compatibility before purchase
So, I admit at the outset that I am not a sound purist, and use these mainly to listen to music or TV on a noisy commute. So, I cannot really comment on the relative merits of sound production, but suffice to say that they produce adequate sound to allow me to hear what I am listening to, and there is not too much in the way of interference from outside noise. Neither, I...
Published 13 months ago by R. W. Mackenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite headphones, great value for money, 20 Mar. 2014
Scully Bloke (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have around 6 pairs of different makes of headphones from other notable manufacturers including JVC, Sony and Sennheiser. 4 pairs of which are more expensive than these. But these are by far my favourite. You get a clearer sound, they fit perfectly to my ears (different bud sizes for you to select), and look very nice. You have to take the noise cancelling and tangle free claims with a pinch of salt. yes its harder to get them tangled but still possible (well I managed it), and it does reduce outside noise a bit but nothing compared to proper noise cancelling headphones. But for the money they are great value and I thoroughly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value from newish brand, 8 Jan. 2014
James B. Spink "Jim" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
SoundMAGIC is a Chinese headphone manufacturer which has been around for a little under ten years. In that time they have produced a growing range of well-regarded products. This ES20 model is near the bottom of their current range but competes quite well with other brands at the same price level. You get a choice of three sizes of eartips - the smallest come pre-fitted - and a decent carrying pouch is included.

The sound quality is pretty decent for the price and the build quality is good. There is a bit of sibilance when new, but this improves after some use or a burn-in period. I found the noise isolation reasonable, but not exceptional, and the cable proved to be tangle-free. If you want to know more about the company they have a website in reasonable English which tells the company's history and shows their product range and is worth a look if you are considering buying these phones.

I wouldn't use these as my main listening phones but they make a good back-up pair to carry in your pocket or leave in your drawer at work. Four stars for value at the price and I expect to hear more of the SoundMAGIC brand in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read! Excellent quality once you have let them 'run in', 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC ES20 In Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Black (Electronics)
I got the gunmetal ones they look great with my grey iphone6 and are one of the most comfortable ergonomically designed earphones I have come across.

They sounded great from the start but I wanted excellent quality not great so I burned them in using tekfusion burn in player...this was a bad mistake as the headphones sounded muddy after 3 hours of burn in...

HOWEVER, I resurrected them and the sound produced now is exquisite! What I did was let them run on my iPhone all night for three nights so about 30 hours+ in total. I let a playlist repeat itself consisting of music of different genres and the sound now is stunning.

I prefer the straight jack to the L shape e10s jack. For this price the sound quality is a steal. I compared the sounds with the Apple EarPods and the quality difference is visible.

They are well built, look cool, sound awesome and are well priced. A must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful 'noise', 17 Dec. 2014
A Brand name I wasn't familiar with but good reviews from Amazon customers (thanks for honesty) and independent testers was all I needed to part with cash; excellent as either main or backup earphones and a very happy customer who will look for the brand when I want/need another pair.

Very good earphones and the build quality far exceeds the price, time will tell if they last the daily commutes but so far I have no worries (or tangled cables).

Come well packaged and the rubber ear buds are par for the course but the previous headphone rubber bits fitted these as well, so no breaking in to get the desired fit (result). No weight to these either so haven't found them falling out of ears

Delivery was quicker then predicted as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones with an affordable price point., 6 Feb. 2015
These SoundMAGIC ES20 in ear headphones are by far the best in ear headphones I have ever owned and for the price compared to others I've had that were slightly more expensive they so far have preformed great in comparison. I'd even say they are just as good and if not better than my over ear Sony headphones. I was slightly reluctant to buy as I'm not a big fan of the ear bud type headphones these are yet they have an interesting amd well designed shape that helps the sit comfortably in your ear and interchangeable buds of different sizes to find what fits you better. These headphones are great for the price point and they also seem to be made of quality materials which is also a plus. Great headphones, don't hesitate if you're considering buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, but not ideal for my requirements., 16 Jun. 2014
CaS (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought to replace a pair that had given up the ghost on one Chanel. I bought them to use with my MP3 player to listen to audio books in bed as I don't sleep very well.

First thoughts were very comfortable to wear, but unfortunately not if you want to rest the side of your head against a pillow etc. This is the only reason I have given four stars and stress that this rating only results from my personal usage.

The sound is superb and I have now swapped them for the pair I use with my iPad. Problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++ I wasn't aware this audio quality came in at this price! :3, 8 Oct. 2014
These replaced a pair of £60 samsungs and I swear you would barely if at all notice the difference!
I'm shocked at how good these turned out to be and I am rather picky about audio (when I can afford to be :P)

Second best headphones I've ever had (after a pair of random sony's I had for a few years) and they beat those £60 samsungs no problem if you factor 'value' in your reviews!

Highly, Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 18 Feb. 2014
Syd (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are nice earphones. Have had a pair of more expensive SoundMAGIC in-ear headphones before, and loved the sound quality - much better than other phones I'd tried. The sound quality of these is also fab, was very impressed. Love the bold red look. My only gripe is they feel a little large, and arent as comfy as others I've used. But nice sound, and that's the most improtant bit for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 12 Jun. 2014
The 5 star rating I have given is for value for money
Sound Quality is crystal clear and enough for use with phones, computers, tablets etc.
The 3 inner ear buds are helfpful in small, medium and large
The wire not tangling is excellent and the price is affordable

All in all well worth the money if, like me, Bose are out of your price range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Purchase., 10 Sept. 2014
I really don't know or care a great deal about sound quality so by my standards, these are pretty good. They stay in yours ears well, if you are listening with both. Less so if you just have one in. They wires don't tangle much - hurrah! Also they help to drown out surrounding noises well, so listening to spoken word on trains or tubes is fairly achievable.