5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite headphones, great value for money
Published 16 months ago by Scully Bloke

3.0 out of 5 stars Ouch! - check ear compatibility before purchase
So, I admit at the outset that I am not a sound purist, and use these mainly to listen to music or TV on a noisy commute. So, I cannot really comment on the relative merits of sound production, but suffice to say that they produce adequate sound to allow me to hear what I am listening to, and there is not too much in the way of interference from outside noise. Neither, I...
Published 18 months ago by R. W. Mackenzie

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite headphones, great value for money, 20 Mar. 2014
Scully Bloke (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have around 6 pairs of different makes of headphones from other notable manufacturers including JVC, Sony and Sennheiser. 4 pairs of which are more expensive than these. But these are by far my favourite. You get a clearer sound, they fit perfectly to my ears (different bud sizes for you to select), and look very nice. You have to take the noise cancelling and tangle free claims with a pinch of salt. yes its harder to get them tangled but still possible (well I managed it), and it does reduce outside noise a bit but nothing compared to proper noise cancelling headphones. But for the money they are great value and I thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars In ears that pack a punch, 14 July 2015
So let's be honest here. You're browsing for in-ear earphones. Your budget is clearly fairly small (like mine was) yet you're probably sick of getting those 10 quid Sony/Creative ones that break every 2 months.

You like heavy bass, but certainly don't want Beats.
You probably commute and want to drown out the guard's announcements and the next stop is XYZ (note: I hate commuting).
You may want to use it to drown out noisy colleagues, neighbours, guinea pigs, whatever.
You probably want something that's not going to 'bleed' noise (unless you're 15, at which point I suggest you browse for portable speakers, or even better use the awesome in built power of your phone speakers).
You may like Classical music, Rock, Metal, Choral, Choir, Indie, Electro or any weird combo of them all (I do).
You probably want something that isn't going to break after you lose the carry bag and just stuff them in pockets/bags.
Ideally, they won't look terrible either.

Therefore, after many years of searching, I can safely say that I think I've found the absolute bees-knees of cheap and awesome earphones. The sound quality is supreme. No really, it is. The build quality is solid. The design is unique but very comfortable, and they have the look & feel of a 200 quid pair.

Honestly, if anything I've said resonates, buy these puppies. You will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent non-tangling earphones, 24 Dec. 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've owned a few sets of earphones over the years, and these have impressed me. The sound is excellent for this price range, after you have selected the correct rubber ear tips. It comes with the small ones ready-fitted, and because the earpieces are angled forwards into your ear, they will stay in even if the tips are too small for you, but the sound will be tinny. The ear tips are tricky to remove and fit, but this is a good thing because it also means that they won't ping off unexpectedly when you remove the earphones from your ears. I've lost lots of them in the past with other earphones. The earpieces are very comfortable and secure in my ears. As claimed in the product details, the cord does not tangle - excellent. There is a small metal clip on the cord which secures the earphones to your clothing, stopping them from pulling on your ears as you move. I must confess that I'm not sure whether the sound isolation claims in the product details refer to them keeping the outside world out, or keeping your music from irritating your companions. When there was no external noise and I had my music on pretty loud, my helpful assistant could just vaguely hear a sound at a distance of a bit less than a foot away from me. I can hear less of the outside world I think, but it's not 100%. If you have a noisy commute, you will still hear some of it I'm afraid. I'm very pleased with them and would have them at the top of my list if I had to replace them

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, 28 Dec. 2013
J. Mann - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've not had in-ear headphones before but wanted to try some on the odd occasion I wanted to watch my Samsung Chromebook Wifi (Launched Oct 2012) while my wife was watching TV, or even when she was just sitting reading a book.

We decided to test them with no other sound - so if the room was totally quiet and she was reading, could she hear anything from the headphones?

I'm astonished to say she couldn't - we tried with them sounding pretty loud - certainly louder than I would normally listen to music or films - and really nothing came through, although the sound was absolutely crystal clear in my ears. On removing the earphones from my ears of course the sound can be heard but from a surprisingly short distance, I've no idea how they manage this, but somehow when the earphones are in your ears the sound is brilliant, but if you tried to "broadcast" with them the sound just doesn't travel at all.

We tried with speech, film noise and loud music and the result was always the same - I could hear clearly but my wife couldn't hear a thing.

So I am very pleased with these earphones and would recommend them to anyone who wants to ensure they are not disturbing anyone around you no matter how loud you play your music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb sound, but not ideal for my requirements., 16 Jun. 2014
CaS (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought to replace a pair that had given up the ghost on one Chanel. I bought them to use with my MP3 player to listen to audio books in bed as I don't sleep very well.

First thoughts were very comfortable to wear, but unfortunately not if you want to rest the side of your head against a pillow etc. This is the only reason I have given four stars and stress that this rating only results from my personal usage.

The sound is superb and I have now swapped them for the pair I use with my iPad. Problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Please read! Excellent quality once you have let them 'run in', 25 Dec. 2014
This review is from: SoundMAGIC ES20 In Ear Sound Isolating Earphones - Black (Electronics)
I got the gunmetal ones they look great with my grey iphone6 and are one of the most comfortable ergonomically designed earphones I have come across.

They sounded great from the start but I wanted excellent quality not great so I burned them in using tekfusion burn in player...this was a bad mistake as the headphones sounded muddy after 3 hours of burn in...

HOWEVER, I resurrected them and the sound produced now is exquisite! What I did was let them run on my iPhone all night for three nights so about 30 hours+ in total. I let a playlist repeat itself consisting of music of different genres and the sound now is stunning.

I prefer the straight jack to the L shape e10s jack. For this price the sound quality is a steal. I compared the sounds with the Apple EarPods and the quality difference is visible.

They are well built, look cool, sound awesome and are well priced. A must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound for the price, 19 Feb. 2014
Paul Fillery (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The packaging screams "eBay replica", so I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality of these buds. They feel sturdy, the cable is strong, and the carry pouch is a nice touch. It may just be my ears, but I struggled to get a nice, snug fit with any of the supplied buds - which isn't great when they are sold as "Sound Isolating" earphones. Most buds I've bought come with 5-6 sets of tips, 3 seems poor (not everyone has small, medium or large ear canals).

Sound quality is really good, particularly considering the price. They are a little trebly (sic?), so look elsewhere if you like lots of deep bass, but the tone is good and vocals are very clear.

These certainly won't displace my main buds, although they were admittedly far more expensive. As a cheaper alternative or as a spare pair (that's what I use them for) they are a decent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bass, novel design, 19 Jan. 2014
MartinRG "martinrg" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When we saw the earphones in the box we thought they had been damage, the design was so strange with an offset ear section rather than being straight. But on opening we realised this was how they were but were slightly dubious about comfort. We needn't have worried, the design is actually very comfortable and snug, blocking out outside noise in the process. Soundwise we love the deep bass for such a small unit, as good as my Sennheiser's and better than the Apple Ear Buds. My wife has been trying them in the gym and has found they stay in her ears better when working out, again it could be that odd design. The colour is very unique and stands out without being too flashy.

Great value earphones, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phones that punch above their weight, 2 Jan. 2014
Robert O. Davidson (glasgow United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have considered the merits of these in-ear phones relative to their price. In short they are:- comfortable, block external sound pretty well, have a reasonable depth and range of sound, come with 3 sizes of ear buds (very convenient if you have one ear 'ole bigger than the other like me) and the cable does not twist and tangle readily. I tend to find that cheaper phones don't last long, the durability of this pair remains to be seen. So far my view is that at 25 quid they perform better than some which come at twice
the price. My current phones are B&O but these seem like decent emergency back ups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound good for the price, 24 Dec. 2013
S Finnerty "Steve" (Hedge End, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Stylish red ear phones supplied with 3 different sized ear buds and a vinyl case to keep them in. They look well made and feel comfortable but too early to comment on long term durability. The cord is twisted to resist tangling which helps but does not cure the problem. The sound is clear, slightly harsh toward the top end and a lower volume than my JVC X Beats but then most earphones are. The midrange and bass are clear and detailed with the bass volume dependant on correctly fitting ear buds. They look like good value to me as long as the build quality lasts up.