4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer could have been better.
Prompt delivery.. quicker than what was promised.
Decent package- no unnecessary extra cardboard.
Good looks- have left it in my hall under my TV and still doesn't look out of place.
Easy installation.Connected to the wi-fi on second attempt- which i think is good.
Connected to the iPad and iPhone 3Gs & 5 well.
Decent print quality.( my prev...
Published 8 months ago by Vikas

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6450 All-in-one Wi-Fi printer
I bought this printer for a good price during the 'black Friday sales' because of the good reviews on PC Pro [and elsewhere]. I wished I hadn't bothered as it is quite frustrating compared to my previous Pixma:

Positives:
Published 8 months ago by CulMC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer could have been better., 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG6450 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi and Air Print) (Accessory)
Prompt delivery.. quicker than what was promised.
Decent package- no unnecessary extra cardboard.
Connected to the iPad and iPhone 3Gs & 5 well.
Decent print quality.( my prev brother printer which still works absolutely fine was mono laser & i needed a color all in one)
Automatic double side printing is good...
The rubber housing on the base are sticky and add to the stability of the printer.

Now for things that i dont like.
On a standby will not wake up for a command from Air print, you have to wake it up and then works well.
Print speed is slower than claimed.
I cant get it to print in grey scale from the wireless devices inspite of the default settings being Grey scale print.
More noisy than expected.
The paper tray is outside and a bit too delicate .. it see it breaking very soon.
The reception tray following the print is inadequate in length and paper keeps falling of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6450 All-in-one Wi-Fi printer, 15 Dec 2013

Positives:
1. Print quality is good on this printer although takes a second or two to dry on some sheets so be careful not to touch them too soon or it will smudge! [Of course does depend on paper and settings etc.]
2. UK and European power supply cable provided.
3. Easy to set up [apart from the software - see below].
4. Print duplexing.
5. Wi-Fi connectivity [although not set mine up as yet...will update if there are problems].
6. Basic card reader.
7. Quiet scanning, but a lit noisy on return to start position.

Negatives:
1. Software that comes with the printer does not work out of the box as it does not recognise IE 10 or 11 only 9 and before.....this for a printer that came out this year!!!!! Had to download from their web site - the UK one is not so user friendly as the European or US version too!
2. No Back feeder for paper - only an under tray. Here you have to use the page you are printing on facing upside down! Easily forgotten and results in wasted sheets!
3. Does print duplexing but NOT on A5 paper....NOT GOOD!
4. Takes ages sometimes to set up before the first print starts.
5. Very noisy printer too especially during the 'warming up cycle'!
6. No USB cable supplied. [like a lot these days] so had to use my old one.
7. You have to keep pulling tray out and realign arrows before printing as it does not hold that many sheets. I can see this breaking with some people!
8. Feels very cheap and 'plasticky' not the 'build to last' quality of old.

Overall...it does the job, but more frustrating than any other printer before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6450, 17 Nov 2013
The printer everyone should have been waiting for; easy to set up; excellent quality photo printing and copying; only downside the same with all printers - not much ink in the original cartridges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6450 printer, 21 April 2014
I was a bit apprehensive buying this a it was replacing an old Canon ip4300 which had served me well. However I am delighted with it. I use it as an office printer so am printing invoices, letters and occasionally my product catalogues. It prints well, seems to be ok on ink use ( especially as I have bought the alternative, Colour Direct, replacement cartridges Amazon sell which are just as good as the Canon ones and much cheaper) It is also a photocopier and scanner which I didnt realise when I bought it and I have found this really useful. The only slight criticism I would have so far is that the paper, once printed, is not held very well by a small arm that slides out from the output tray. As I have the printer on a wide desk and I do not print large runs, it has not been a problem for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon excellence, 14 May 2014
A great printer, so much more eco friendly then my last in terms of ink. Fast printing for documents, superb detail for scanning both for colour and black and white, but the best is the speed and quality of photo print all shapes and sizes. I won't lie to you, but ink is drunk at an alarming rate, but the quality of photo print is exceptional and well worth it. I am being harsh here as I do print A4 and A5 both colour and black and white, so, inevitably ink will run out sooner. Bought the XL ink replacements, fantastic.

Only downside is the noise and time it seems to take in firing up and getting on with the job. it seems to do its thing, then when you think its going to print again, does it thing all over again..........

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Mar 2014
We've been using it for several months now - a good time to judge it. Colours are good, print quality excellent and it's simple to use. It also looks good if you want it in sight. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described. Had some issues connecting with my ..., 26 Nov 2013
Works as described. Had some issues connecting with my local wifi but the Canon support were very quick to respond. Their solution to restart my wifi router did the trick.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Dec 2013
R. Lower "Stiggy Sawdust" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The ability to use cloud printing is spoilt by the fact that there is only one paper tray. So if you want to print a photo from your mobile for example and the printer has A4 paper in the tray then it will not print. Rather defeats the object of cloud printing
When I ordered this I assumed from the description that there were two paper trays, as there was with my previous Canon.
When paper is loaded you cannot close the front of printer, so if you like your printer to be tidy you have to remove paper, then of course it will not work again until you load some paper.
All rather frustrating considering the price paid.
I cannot recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 25 Nov 2013
Really good printer. Quick printing. Have printed photos and the image is nice and sharp. Easy to set up. Ordered on Friday and arrived on Monday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 14 July 2014
First day of use so nothing too testing. Set up went well, Wireless that is.
Set up the software on two other devices, got into the rhythm of deinstalling previous Canon software before installing the new stuff.
Tried Printing a picture from my smartphone, that worked, as well, after it didn't pick up my 'phone the first time, great picture on plain paper!
I saw a comment about it being noisy and would say compared with my previous Canon MP640 that is true! Have put it in full "quiet mode" to see if that helps!
I got nearly Four years out of my MP640 which appears to be good by some reports. I think a new printhead was required to fix that which sent me down this purchase route.