on 23 March 2014
Chosen as has a grey ink and should be better for B&W. Print quality excellent but have not done too many complicated photo prints yet so time will tell. Using wireless connection and not needed to use the ethernet or USB, all setup was done via wireless. The second tray will only take small prints but not a major issue.

Mac Users: As soon as you choose to add the printer in System Preferences OSX will offer to download the software from Apple Update server and install it and the printer -scanner will then work. However this seems to be only a basic printer driver e.g. the choice of Media type is only plain, photo paper and envelope - not the listed Canon photo papers. The CD that comes with the printer is for Windows and no reference to Mac. To get it working (e.g. showing options for all different type of papers, color profiles etc..) I deleted the printer from the Print-Scan module in System Preferences in OSX , went to Canon website and downloaded from here http://goo.gl/xi8jbR the Product Setup. There are good instructions on the page how to use the dmg download file (c 400MB) and run setup program. This will also give options to install the Quick Menu, Image Garden etc. and providing you include the Network option it can all be done wirelessly providing the printer is on network.

Excellent printer providing you are happy with A4 maximum size (was looking at the Pixma Printer Pro 100 A3 and more shades of grey) but rarely will do A3 and if so will outsource to online lab and MG7150 is significantly cheaper to run. Setup instructions that come with the printer for Mac user could be improved - even if it was just to direct you to the web site and not accept the Apple auto install
on 25 April 2014
So far it is doing the role it was purchased to fulfil. Only comment is that there was a disc with the Printer to enable an update to a Windows PC but as my PC is an Apple Mac I had to make contact with the Canon back up team in Holland and obtain from them an online program to download so that I could make the Printer and the Apple Mac connect correctly.

Maybe consideration should be given to inserting a Mac disc when selling the Printer.
on 2 December 2014
I like Canon printers. My last 3 printers have been a Canon. I still have my MG6250 and wouldnt have changed except one of the inks would not print any more. So I "upgraded" to the MG7150. I thought it must be me. Surely this elephantine snail moving printing the terrible photos must be my fault?? Checked.. yes all properly installed. This is a piece of c--p. It is lucky that it hasnt gone out of the window. AVOID at all costs.
Having wasted my money I have now "downgraded" and bought an MG50 following others views. Fingers crossed.
I repeat... dont waste your money..
on 19 September 2014
First one dead on arrival - permanent fault message.

I may update this if the replacement works!

Update - Now that I have a working version, it's not a bad printer. It has lots of facilities that my old machine didn't. I particularly like the ease with which I set up my iPad to print wirelessly. I don't think the colours on photographs are actually as good as my old Pixma ip3000 though.
on 4 June 2014
Brilliant printer. Can pair it with my mobile and print directly from it! Very easy to set up too! .
on 20 October 2015
Awesome bit of kit. The inks last ages (if you buy the XL versions) and you can print from your phone via WiFi! The scan quality is just good enough to scan small photos and scale them to A4. It's really fast though for scanning a signed document and it automatically converts it to a small PDF for email. Oh, and it looks like Darth Vader's pant-warmer sitting on your desk...
on 16 April 2014
I have had Epson printers before and was recommended Canon for superior print quality. This printer more than meets my expectations. It is compact & pacts functionality. I was particularly wanted a printer that for a mix of Photo & doument printing. The wireless print & Duplex print capability was a particular benefit for me. I wold recomend this printer.
on 27 October 2014
I have had the printer for 19 days and it's feeder system to the photo cassette is already breaking down and giving me an error message saying "No paper in cassette", even when it's completely full, It never aligns my photos leaving a gap on the right twice as large as the gap on the left. This is very disappointing for the price I paid, and the fact I've already had to replace 1 of the ink cartridges after 10. Days and only 20 photos
on 8 June 2014
This has been, for me over the years possibly the fourth or fifth printer purchased. I viewed the sales video and, as I already had a photographic Canon printer, I was familiar with the finished product this printer could provide. I took the time to get to know the printer before putting it to full use. I recommend it as a very good printer.
on 15 October 2014
This is a great printer .the inks are expensive,but what I get from the printer makes up for this.I do a lot of photos the printer does lovely prints.straight from my Canon sureshot camera ,very easy to use .and it is good on my laptop .everything is easily explained ,can't think of anything complain about. All is good at he moment.