4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets but could have been better.
Published 4 months ago by Camerafour

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow as a week in the Jail.
Very slow from cold to print even 1 sheet letter, I know they were slow as I had an older Pixma but this is even slower.

I will not be using it much.
Published 2 months ago by John, Glasgow

4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets but could have been better., 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG7150 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi, Air Print and Pixma Cloud Link) (Accessory)
I decided on this particular printer as friends also have Canons and they produce some excellent results. This model does too especially on the 7 Day Shop 270gm glossy paper that would not go through my previous HP printer. Where it falls down is on it's WiFi capability. It established contact with my router easily enough and appeared to print solidly enough. Every now and again though it will print about a third of a sheet (photographs) and then eject the paper. It then takes some time to reset and start over, sometimes with the same result. I have been around computers and printers for many years but have been unable to get to the bottom of this problem. Eventually I reloaded the driver using a USB connection and all has been well. But if I have paid for WiFi then I should be getting WiFi.

A second niggle is that the scanner is not of a very high resolution. It does produce good results but if I wanted to scan a small area of a picture at high res, then I would be in difficulty.

Ink consumption is on the high side and there are 6 separate cartridges altogether. I am tempted to try some compatibles as a set of genuine Canon come out at 60. Not funny.

This is beginning to sound as though I'm unhappy with the machine but this is far from the truth. It is an excellent printer with quite a large footprint. I have had no jams or any other mechanical trouble but would like to get the WiFi problem sorted out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 23 Oct 2013
P. Swift - See all my reviews
Every printer I have ever owned has been an Epson. I have used HP in the office but these were never good enough for my home photo printing requirements. SO when my last epson photo printer ceased working, my natural reaction was to go look at Epson printers.

The reviews were a mixed bag and as my last one had ceased it's life after 4 years, I thought I would look at another brand. For many years I have used Canon cameras and the recent 700d has proved to be an amazing piece of kit. SO I thought I would look at this printer. I was a bit put off by the review and so looked at the reviews of the other printers which seemed on the whole better than any other manufacturer. So I thought I would give it a try.

I took delivery 3 days ago, got it up and running on the BT hub in no time (but had to undertake a hub reboot to get the thing working properly) and have to say I am impressed! The features are much richer than my older Epson and it is quieter. It is sleek and I now have printing options on my Ipad and android phone. Text quality printing is excellent and the photo's are good. The photos seem a little less precise (could be the actual photo as not a direct comparison with the Epson) than the Epson but the colours are much more vibrant- overall I think the photo's are better. Printng the photos was easier in the Canon software and haven't tried the cloud printing yet.

I will stick with the Canon ink purely because of the vibrancy of the photo's which might not be to everyone's taste.

The reason it is not 5 stars is because the inks work out a bit dearer than the Epson (comparing XL cartridges)but only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Wi-Fi Printer, 16 Dec 2013
I've just replaced my Canon Pixma MG 6150 with this. The 7150 is more compact - tidier. Setting it up was OK. It is essential though to follow the steps closely - it would be helpful if the setup diagrams were text assisted because you sometimes need to check carefully that you have interpreted the diagrams carefully. I had to take two go's at the Wi-Fi setup but the second attempt was successful. The quality of the text and pictures on plain paper is very good - the same result as the 6150 which also printed well on plain paper. Auto duplexing is useful. I haven't yet tried photos on photo paper nor scanning. Print cartridges are expensive. However, I will use the Canon cartridges because I believe that it was the cheap cartridges which killed my 6150 and caused me to replace it with this machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, an all in one printer of quality, 13 Jan 2014
We have gone through a number of HP printers but they don't ever seem to last long, so this time we went for a Canon - the Canon MG7150, to be precise.

In a word - fantastic.

The print quality, especially for photos, is as good as Boots. The 6 different ink cartridges mean that you are only paying for the ink you use - you do not have to replace multi-colours as soon as one colour runs out. But what is really special about this model is that is includes a GREY ink cartridge - which greatly includes fidelity in both colour and grey scale (cheaper printers mix grey from colours, which does not work well).

Wireless printing is unusually versatile - you can print not only from a desktop PC, or from laptop PC, but also from Mac devices, and from smartphones and tablets such as iPhone and iPad, using the free app or free driver software available from the Canon website or appstore. There is also a bunch of photo software add ons - I find these pretty useless, as it is only the printing that really matters.

There are two paper trays, so you can have a tray for A4 paper and a tray for 6 x 4 inch photo paper (for example). There is also the facility to print CD/DVD/Blu ray labels.

Scanning and photocopying either in colour or black and white is very high resolution. Copying (both in colour and black and white) is just by pressing a single button on the printer, just like a high-end photocopier. There is no document feed, so you have to put one page in at a time for copying.

The controls are all run from a good sized, clear, very intuitive back lit touch screen on the front - this means you can see what you are doing even in low light, e.g. if you have the printer in a dark corner or under a desk. You don't have any buttons to press.

There are slots for camera memory cards in various sizes, so you can print photographs without a computer.

The whole unit is not small, but looks very sleek and professional. For the price, you are getting what really matters - efficient and high quality printing with Canon reliability.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best A4 photo printers around, 6 Nov 2013
J. Cheng (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have used a few different inkjet photo printers before and apart from the ancient HP Photosmart 2670, there aren't any A4 that will give me a 'gray' ink for monochrome printing. This alone is worth the price, at least for me. I have tried a few prints since the printer arrived last week but so far so good. Colour prints are vibrant and sharp, providing you use Canon paper. I did try it on Kodak papers but the result wasn't great. But there's a trick too, you need to understand printer profiles and calibration if you want perfect colours and tones. A lot of people reviewing printers will complaint this and that but the fact is that if neither or either computer screen or printer is calibrated, the result will not be great. Also, paper plays a big part so don't get just any paper without first calibrate for a profile specifically for it.

I use a Mac and I did see people complaint about software or driver but Mac actually has a built in driver that it will automatically download from internet so you don't need to use anything. I set everything up wirelessly (remember to first set up the printer's wireless setting). My mac just picked it up in seconds and everything was a thing of the past. Simple install and printing was painless. I had an old Pixma ip4000 and by comparison, this is super quick and quiet. It does copying, scanning and duplexing so perfect for my wedding business. I don't print anything larger than A4 and I need bigger, I always use a pro lab because my client would never order too many prints and A4s are good for them.

I can't comment on ink usage yet but I don't really mind because I use it for photos and they never last anyway no matter how you wish it would last. I've had HP and Canon printers and none of them last when printing photos.

I do think this is a great little compact and good looking all-in-one photo printer and that gray ink is just my icing on the cake and I am loving it. The black and white is no longer a 'red' toned monochrome. Trust me and try printing a black and white photo from a printer without gray ink is a disaster!

I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer with good wireless connection, 13 Dec 2013
A very good printer ,works well on the wireless connection , found you need to be careful of the distance from the hub
otherwise excellent .

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this printer, 25 Jan 2014
I have always been a fan of Canon products but my last two printers were HP & Epson. I very glad that I have gone back to Canon. The quality and features on this printer are excellent. Does everything I want it to do. Not going to go into ink because they are daylight robbery with any printer. I will not buy Canon, HP or Epson ink.

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG7150 All In One Printer Black, 23 Feb 2014
Still early days but, its versatility is growing on me as I understand the many features this Printer has. Just one word of caution before you Purchase. Make sure your Computer and, more importantly its operatiing system is up to date and, compatible; otherwise you will spend a considerable time getting the Printer to Print!! My advice is to contact Canon UK who are extremely helpful and, will email you the necessary links with very comprehensive instructions for people to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good upgrade on my previous Canon, 1 Jan 2014
I have always used Canon as I have always preferred the individual ink tanks.
This printer is very easy to use and I particularly find the Scan function simple and efficient.
Can't speak to the economy yet as I'm still on the first set of cartridges.

But - so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthy replacement for my old Canon MP620, 24 Jan 2014
N. Jones "SPOCK" (HAMPSHIRE, UK) - See all my reviews
I have at long last replaced my trusty 7 year old Canon, mainly because it kept dropping the wireless connection. I had no reason not to buy another Canon & as this is one of the latest models it seemed an obvious choice, particularly with the 20.00 cash back.

As always Amazon's delivery via DPD was swift & on time. Setting up the printer was straight forward as was connecting it wirelessly to my network. I've also updated it to the latest firmware.

So far all I've used is the print facility & I'm very impressed. The quality of both the black print & colours is excellent. Another fine printer from Canon.

UPDATE 3 FEB 2014.
As with my previous Canon printer the wireless connection has disappeared a couple of times so I have now connected it to my router with an ethernet cable & the connection is rock solid. I'm using refill ink cartridges from Think, they are less than half the Canon price & just as good.

I've now tried all of the functions & this really is an excellent printer. Having the facility to print directly from both of our Nexus tablets is the icing on the cake.