5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for me
Published 6 months ago by Moomin

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful
Published 1 month ago by k tawse

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for me, 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG3550 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi and Air Print) (Accessory)
I bought this to replace my old Pixma MP220 which is still going strong but I wanted something a bit smaller with wifi that also printed both sides automatically. I am not a techie person myself but I followed the instructions and I was surprised how fast and easy it was to set up after having read the previous reviews. I have printed wirelessly from my laptop, from an iPad and a Mac with no problems at all. I love this printer as I am no longer put off printing out forms, articles etc as connecting all the cables was such a hassle before and I hated having to manually turn over the pages to print on both sides. It does just the trick for a student / freelancer like myself that needs to print a lot and I haven't had any problems with it to date.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Printer, 1 Jan 2014
I can't comment on other peoples problems as I did not have any. I bought this to replace my aging, expensive ink Lexmark. I have the white one which does look great, but will admit some hinges etc are a bit flimsy. But still better than others. Downloading and setting up the drivers did take a while compared to other manufacturers and the corner widget which is within the software for me was a bit useless and just in the way of my main screen (pc), so have stopped this from opening. It does print at good speed but does take a while to get started, i.e 15 seconds, but once my test sheet of paper came out, the text was sharp. My main intention for this was to print some of my high res images, and wow am I impressed, Seeing the results coming from the printers mouth (190gsm glossy paper) was eye watering sharp. The colours are spot on and so vibrant. One of my images are of a thatched roofed cottage and the thatch itself is mindbogingly sharp, no blur. Highly recommended for the photographer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Set up first time no problem works well, 23 April 2014
I purchased this printer to replace my ageing HP Photosmart printer. I was a bit worried about how well this would go after reading the 1* & 2* reviews, but I needn't have worried. It set up on my wireless network first time with no problems, and my windows 8 PC communicates with it just fine for printing and scanning. The automatic duplexing facility is a good but as expected it is slow. For normal text printing there is little difference between draft and normal quality, so in the interests of ink economy I have set the default to draft. All in all good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful, 16 Jun 2014
This product is awful. It is very difficult to get a wireless device to connect to this printer, if you do get a connection there is still a good chance it will not print anything. In the end I bought a cable so I didn't need wifi but it is still 50-50 on whether it will print. I've just thrown it in the bin and will buy something better. The software is poor and the disk didn't work either.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a winner, 21 April 2014
Bought this printer so that we could wirelessly print from our iPads & iPhones from anywhere in the house.
It works beautifully, was simple to set up, printing is fast and the print quality is very good.
Surprisingly it is also amazing value at less than 44!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 15 Jun 2014
Hope (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This printer looks and feels cheap. It's also noisy and slow. That wouldn't be so bad if it worked well, which it does not. I could not get the wifi set up even after two consults with their support service. They blamed my network (talktalk). I could only get it to work via a USB cable (not supplied). However, I soon discovered that the scan function would not work even with the USB connection. I sent it back. Caveat emptor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up, 29 May 2014
Ordered on Sunday arrived on Tuesday, that included a bank holiday! Impressive. Really easy to setup, print quality really good, good price. Looking forward to using it more in the future to warranty this review...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little machine that so far has not disappointed in ..., 2 July 2014
A great little machine that so far has not disappointed in either scanner, copy or print mode. A good buy even though the ink charges seem high but at the end of the day, you get a lot of prints for your money and the quality is excellent even on A4 photo prints. Delivery was prompt and it was well packaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
It does what it says on the tin in an efficient manner

4.0 out of 5 stars cannon printer, 21 Jun 2014
I am struggling with this a little bit but am sure when I have played a while it will become easier. Poor Instructions