4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort
Published 18 months ago by Neil Patterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Good... But.........
It works ok, connects to most devices and has good sound quality etc.. And it is nice and small! However I have noticed it has started distorting periodically, for a short time. While not awful, it's extremely annoying and kind of ruins an otherwise brilliant bit of kit!
Published 8 months ago by sam

4.0 out of 5 stars Good effort, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Black USB Bluetooth Music Audio Stereo Receiver for Car AUX IN Home Speaker headphone By FamilyMall (Electronics)
Overall this receiver is quite good. It has a quirk or two but for the price it is worth the money. The one real issue is that when it is left idle for a few minutes or maybe even just a minute or so with no signal going through it it will drop the connection. If it's close to hand then that is not an issue you just unplug and reboot and you are good to go. If you have it halfway across the room though it is a pain in the arse to go and get it. When my laptop has selected it as a device (it connects quickly and cleanly) then you are fine until the connection goes idle like I said. It will then take a minute or two before the connection can be severed UNLESS you unplug the receiver and reboot it. I hope this makes sense. Sound quality is fair. I don't think it is the highest quality but it is more than good enough for a convenient connection. It's not lo fi and it's not mid fi, it's high-ish fi. You don't know what high-ish fi is? Equivalent to 96kbps-128kbps or thereabouts. High-ish fi. Not CD quality and definitely not vinyl quality (people vinyl quality is waaaay higher than CD, don't let them play those salesmens mind games with you, listening to CD is like microwaving your Christmas dinner!! .......... Ouch...... I just fell off my soapbox!!). It's very small and seems to be made well enough for the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works surprisingly well, 26 Nov. 2014
This dongle works surprisingly well in my 2001 Toyota Yaris, even when connected to the tape cassette to aux converter in order to play audio in the car. My iPhone connects automatically seconds after the car is started, and if already I'm playing audio through headphones, once the iPhone connects to the bluetooth it automatically switches to playback through the car speakers. A great piece of kit for under a fiver, and great for anyone looking to add bluetooth to an older vehicle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so disappointed as I was., 20 Mar. 2014
I asked whether this device would charge my iPad and was told that it would. Sadly, it does not. I was also disappointed to discover that it comes with an American flat two pin plug so I had to find an adaptor to use it - a shaving adaptor did the trick. I shall keep it but not with great enthusiasm.

Update 22/3/14
I have discovered that although the message "not charging" appears on my iPad it does, in fact, charge

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality is good. I use it on my BMW 1 series, 5 Mar. 2015
Did exactly what I needed it to. Sound quality is good. I use it on my BMW 1 series, which doesn't have Bluetooth streaming. I combined it with a lighter socket USB adapter and it fits perfectly under the armrest. My iPhone connects to both this adapter and the car's own hands-free Bluetooth. Couldn't be simpler.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good... But........., 23 Oct. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars This seems to work fine. Have used it to stream music from tablet ..., 19 Sept. 2014
Roger Bishop Jones (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This seems to work fine. Have used it to stream music from tablet to home cinema sound system and also from TV to headphones.
Easy to use, does the trick.

2.0 out of 5 stars needs to be plugged in to work, 5 Sept. 2014
P. Buckland (worcestershire) - See all my reviews
What I hadn't noticed was that you have to have it plugged in to power it. I bought it to allow me to send music via bluetooth to an older stereo that doesn't have a usb port, so it's kind of useless without having another plug nearby.

5.0 out of 5 stars It plays like a dream, 5 Jan. 2015
I got this for my Yamaha cd receiver. Please note that it requires a usb dock for power. (Could probably work with a 3.5 mm jack to usb adaptor connection-wise?) I did not use the provide cable but connected this to the audio in (aux) with
Pure HQ OFC 3.5mm Stereo Jack to 2 RCA Phono Plugs Cable Gold 3m instead which you can find on amazon for about £4. It plays like a dream. Great piece of technology.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, for audio / music only, 1 May 2014
This was my fault, I didn't read the description carefully enough, but if you're looking for something to stream BOTH music and calls, this isn't for you. Works perfectly with iTunes and Spotify from my iPhone, directing sound to my car speakers, but does not transmit voice calls for a hands-free solution. Took a while to arrive, but if you're after something to stream music to your car speakers, I would recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014