5.0 out of 5 stars Power Director
First time user - very impressed with ease of use . Used other Video Editor's before but found them complicated . Looking forward to further editing with Cyberlink
Published 4 months ago by Iain

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe for you but not for me
Published 5 months ago by Mr. M. Price

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe for you but not for me, 12 Feb 2014
Mr. M. Price "Lane" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
I mainly require an editor for production of long haul travel slideshows and this editor simply does not have the simple transitions required. Plenty of razzmatazz but insufficient mechanics to do your own thing in your own way. It is great if your want ready made themes and are prepared to accept their style and menu system but it is not for me. Easy to use but not adaptable and very evident that Power Director has done a lot of the work in production of their editor at the expense of your images, titles and menus. Product returned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out PD 11 Users!, 3 Jun 2014
Mr. M. SCOTT "martin101" (Tyne and Wear, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
I feel I must share my experience with anyone thinking to upgrade to Power Director 12 Ultimate. I have the PD 11 Ultimate version and I was keen on the faster rendering speed of the latest version.
So I downloaded a trial version of PD 12 Ultimate and compared it to the previous one. I gave them both a minute of raw footage of video at 1920x1080 at 24mbs with 2 fades and some white balance adjustment.

PD 11 took 2'36 minutes to render and PD 12 took 2'29 minutes.

My rig - W7 64bit, i7 920 on Asus P6, nVidia FX580, 16gb RAM and separate 512gb SS drive for video capture.

It seems like a lot to pay for this "increase" in speed...or have I missed something?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Power Director, 15 Mar 2014
Iain (Solihull - UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Jan 2014
J. Wright (Whittlesey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
As a user of previous versions I am familiar with the user interface etc and found this version just as easy to use. I have not explored all the additional features yet but so far it has been worth upgrading. Oh, and the price makes it an even better option, especially when you don't have to mess around registering or purchasing additional Codecs! Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T TOUCH - A WASTE OF TIME UNLESS YOU ARE A DUMMY!, 4 July 2014
At first I thought I'd hit gold when I first got PowerDirector 12 Ultimate Suite...
Then I woke up and reality hit me, though sadly after the 30 day money back guarantee had long gone and I had invested in good quality third party plugins.

The program slows down very quickly, even on the smallest of projects. Cyberlink told me to create smaller sections and add them together when finished at production time. The program constantly fails to respond and you can wait forever for it to complete the easiest of tasks. Even when playing back PowerDirector 12 struggles when you click a section ahead of your current position on the timeline. It can take as long as 30 seconds to continue to play from your new playback point. It becomes increasingly frustrating.

I spent weeks communicating with the support team trying to sort out one issue after another. At one point PowerDirector 12 could not even find its very own installation files and even when I literally hit the software over the nose with the right software and material files it had a fit. I wish that I had never been introduced to this Video Editor.

Yes it is real easy to use, there is a certain amount of available customisation but that is mainly through the third party plugins some of which came with PowerDirector 12. even its own software that it is meant to interface directly with causes problems.

Yes it has some great software both from thrid parties and as part of its install but sometimes you cannot use all the functions of the other software. For example Audio Director is capable of converting your stereo files to a convincing 5.1 surround but not when you go into it directly from within PowerDirector. Normally you would create the 5.1 when you have completed everything in AudioDirector but this option is not available when you exit to go back into PowerDirector 12.

Every file you create or import with it MUST NOT BE MOVED from its point of origin. If PowerDirect 12 loses track of an file you are in trouble. When you re-introduce the program to the mislaid file it can inform you that the file is not the original. Even when you know for a fact that it is 100% the genuine file!

Even when the program packs everything together it can later have problems finding everything. The program needs further development but I am not wasting anymore of my time with it. It can produce great results but not enough controls on the variables. The program if it had no working problems would be ideal for those not seeking to do any of the work for themselves.

I have moved across to the Sony Vegas Pro 13 Suite the equivalent of the PowerDirecter 12 Ultimate Suite and though it looks dull and lacklustre you are in for one hell of a surprise. You can do so much more with it than with PowerDirector 12 and its supporting software is also a must. They blend together so effectively. Though the overall system is more difficult to learn it is well worth that little bit more effort to do so. It then becomes a really powerful tool with such great flexibility. You can add, take, replace, paste, copy, walk on water and without even breaking sweat. I cannot recommend PowerDirector 12 but I do highly recommend the Sony Vegas Pro 13 Ultimate Suite. Go check it out and all the great audio software that you can get which works as a standalone or from within.

PowerDirector12 basically does everything for you but at a snails pace because it spends so much time stopped because it does not respond. Sony Vegas Pro 13 makes you work but have some fun doing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Video Editor, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having used Corel software for a number of years and coped with a very unstable application from day one getting significantly worse over the years and virtually unusable under Windows 8, it was encouraging to find PowerDirector, from the outset, very much more stable. It is not perfect and has crashed a number of times, but this has been infrequent when assessed against the work it has been asked to do. The first task was to edit more than 100 film clips into a final film about 45 minutes in length.

There was a bit of a learning curve to adjust to how PowerDirect does things, but this was achieved quite quickly and I am impressed by the editing tools available. One area that still gives cause for concern is Titles. I have yet to find a way to take full control of this to design title sequences to my full satisfaction.

Overall, I can recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars prompt deliver, well packaged, 28 May 2014
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have used this to create one video so far and it works well. It has all the functionality I need without being overly complex

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly intuitive semi-pro software, 14 May 2014
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
Working with Power Director 12 using AVCHD is so much easier than I expected. Very intuitive and capable. Very wide ability to produce in different formats, for particular devices and streaming platforms.

5.0 out of 5 stars BE CAREFUL, 10 May 2014
This review is from: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) (CD-ROM)
I currently use Power Director 11 Ultimate Suite and find the software very useful. I am thinking about upgrading to version 12 - BE CAREFUL: the product description for "PowerDirector 12 UltIMATE (PC)" on Amazon includes Color Director Colours Grading - YOU ONLY GET THIS WITH THE ULTIMATE SUITE version of the software. Check out the Cyberlink website for a product comparison.

PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC)
PowerDirector 12 Ultimate (PC) by Cyberlink (Windows 8)
83.35