Published 4 days ago by Michael J. Bishop

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaudible
Published 10 months ago by fran

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Surround version is by far the best way to enjoy this fabulous performance by Mr, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Mahler: Symphony No. 2 (Audio CD)
The Zander/Philharmonia Orchestra Mahler: Symphony No.2 "Resurrection" SACD on Linn Records is currently a GRAMMY Award nominated recording in "Best Surround Album." The "Pure DSD" 5.1 Surround version is by far the best way to enjoy this fabulous performance by Mr. Zander and the Philharmonia Orchestra & Chorus. I should know - I did the surround mix and mastering on this release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime interpretation, 25 Sep 2013
Alaric Mostyn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mahler: Symphony No. 2 (MP3 Download)
Zander is said to be the master of Mahler and he certainly shows that in this sublime new recording of the Resurrection. Restrained, powerful, emotional performance by the Philharmonia Orchestra, soloists (Sarah Connolly and Miah Persson) and the Philharmonia Chorus. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mahler's music., 15 May 2014
This review is from: Mahler: Symphony No. 2 (Audio CD)
I loved it. Mahler's music must be my favourite it touches my soul. I also like Sarah Connolly's voice
and the two combined are lovely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaudible, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mahler: Symphony No. 2 (Audio CD)
Mahler 2 is one of my favourites, I have heard it live many times and have several recordings, my favourite being Otto Klemperer, with Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. There is nothing wrong with my hearing or my equipment, by this version is totally let down by the technical guys. The sound throughout is thin and strained and the volume range is far too great -either you choose to hear the quiet passages and then get your head blown off later on or opt for long pauses of apparent silence followed by comfortable listening in the loud parts. This is a shame as the performance itself is great, but half the orchestra is inaudible. Sarah Connolly is amazing as ever and fortunately the sound level in Urlicht does not vary too much. I wonder if I have got a rogue CD as I cannot believe it could have been marketed like this. I shall send it back to Linn Records for their comments

Mahler: Symphony No. 2