Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 October 2014
If you like Southern Rock, you'll have no problem enjoying this album. Blackberry Smoke have produced a cracker. All songs grow on you and are strong. You can feel where their influences come from. Think a little Skynyrd, Allmans, Tucker - elements of familiarity, and why they are garnering such attention. Musician wise they are great - lean and make it look easy. BBS are probably one of the best things to come out of the "South" for many years. They are terrific live. Buy this and keep it in the car - you'll end up making excuses to travel!
on 6 March 2015
I won't bother going into all the detail other reviewers have, as most people should have now heard of this band, and should own this CD.

Great songs from start to finish. Some grab you in an instant, some take a few listens but, very high quality songwriting from a fantastic down to earth band....must get a ticket to see them live!

If you like your country rock along the lines of Skynyrd and the Allmans you WILL NOT be disappointed.
on 6 April 2014
I came across Blackberry Smoke thanks to Planet Rock and loved the southern rock sound. This album goes from the more rocky songs, such as "Shakin' Hands with the Holy Ghost" to the sing-a-longs, "One Horse Town" and "Pretty Little Lies". I love every track on this album. Charlie Starr is a star! If you like the songs of Lynard Skynard and The Temperance Movement then give this album a go. I'm a convert.
on 31 December 2012
I have been trying to get hold of some Blackberry Smoke for a very long time, So when this CD dropped through my letterbox, expectations were high! I would go as far to say that this is the best CD that I bought in 2012 (And I've bought a few!!) This band are phenomenal and I can't wait for them to tour the UK!
If you haven't got this album in your collection then GO BUY IT NOW!!! You really won't be disappointed!
on 13 October 2014
Fantastic collection of songs on this CD, I had only ever heard them on Planet Rock but decided to buy the CD on the strength of a couple of listens.Wasn't disappointed at all money ;well spent. Don't see the Skynyrd comparison though, more like the Black Crowes or the Jayhawks style going through all of this album. Will probably delve into their back catalogue now !
on 27 June 2014
New to Blackberry Smoke, but as a fan of Southern Rock I gave it a try and was not disappointed. Big Lynyrd Skynyrd fan in the seventies, and seen them a couple of times in the last years too ... still going strong (although Trigger's broom does spring to mind?).
Hope Blackberry Smoke come to the UK some time (Norwich please) as look good live (YouTube).
on 17 November 2014
If you like a bit of Southern folk rock, then this is the band. Highly recommended. If you aint sure, give them a listen to on YouTube or Grooveshark, try before you buy. I don't think there's a track on the entire album that I do not like. Grab a beer, crank up the stereo, wallow in it. Would love to see them at a festival in the UK next year...2015.....
on 7 December 2012
Not quite the virtuosos as the members of Zac Brown Band they sure raise a ruckus and must definitely a band to be heard and seen live. If they were to play Berlin I surely would buy a ticket. The band keeps me waiting for their follow up album (oh yes, I still buy CDs!), In the meantime I listen frequently to this album and spread the word.
on 14 March 2014
I have only just ordered mine, got the Auto -rip at the same time cannot stop playing it, watched them on you Tube as well, always loved Southern Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd have always been a strong favourite for many years and Blackfoot, even got to see them, you cannot go wrong with this Album, definitely the bees knees, enjoy.
on 2 January 2014
Happened upon these by chance and bought this on the strength of hearing one song. This band can play and write good solid songs as well. There's some Skynyrd and a little country and even a little Black Crowes in here but there's also a lot of them. Probably the best album I bought in 2013. Just buy it.